Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics The Golden Arrow

Manship

Turning any side into one of the most feared sides in the country is harder than it sounds, but this tactic has brought me great succes with Totthenham Hotspur in a very short period of time. 

Firsttly, I am using these tactics on the enhanced engine and haven't tried it out with any other teams so if anybody tries it with another team I would love to see the results! 

Down to business then.  

As you can see, I finished a solid season in 3rd place, not that far off winning the league. Although we didn't score an absolute hatful of goals, we didn't concede many either. That bei said, we averaged about 2 goals a game which is decent. Harry Kane and Charlie Austin both got a good amount of goals and chipped with assists too and Eriksen created a load of chances as well as popping up with a few goals himself. Who you have as your centre mid is important. His role is a ball winning midfielder. I opted to play Bentaleb a lot of the time as he fits the role well. However if I needed something a bit more attacking I switched the BWM to a deep lying playmaker. In some games against teams of a similar level I made it a box to box midfielder to add a bit of balance. Changing the mentality to attacking can also help if you need a goal. I'm currently in November in my second season so soon I will post my signings and how results are going! 

I won the FA cup and the equivalent to the Europa League in the first season, this season I won the community shield against Chelsea and the European super cup against Arsenal

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

16 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

Found this to be a very poor tactic with my Southampton test save. Sacked in November after a 3-2 defeat by palace.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

That's because you have the wrong positions. Your screenshots say you were playing a left and right midfielder and a defensive midfielder. My tactic has left and right wingers and a centre midfielder 

2 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

The SS is after I was sacked.....those aren't my positions/tactics etc anymore

Fair enough, not sure why the tactic is struggling for you. I'll have to test it out with another team

The test is very brutal; it is almost a pure tactic test and I do very little active management. I pick best players for positions and try and play them where they fit best plus taking into account fitness etc. I don't buy new players to fit a tactic and run the test with a few teams in a few countries over a range of qualities. To be fair only the very beast tactic and the taff come up as real killers. Others are good or ok but require a strong manager. It might be the case here. The test is really to see if there is some huge benefit of the simple structure and positioning.

In the taff for example, if you use the one with a winger, it pulls the opposition around so much that almost no matter who you play there they get a huge number of shots on target and the poacher gets bought a load of space which only the very worst can't use. This doesn't really matter on player choice and so I'd label it a killer tactic. You can have huge success with many tactics with more active management, but in my test it is as pure as I can get to an analysis of the tactic itself

there was an old website for CM01/02 which first did this. You used to be able to go on holiday and set that the assistant would use the tactic you selected. The guy who tested did this with a number of teams and countries and ran seasons. You saw that there were one or two tactics which were real killers. It didn't matter who the team was, who your players were or how good the manager was; use it and you will win. I try with this test to get as close as possible to that. They also set it to make no transfers in or out. In this HH version, you have to actively do that yourself which is imperfect and more time consuming but that's life! If you then take a killer tactic and actively rather than passively manage then you'll beast your save. That's the theory anyway!

@keyser_soze I appreciate the insight. 

@vbase ah right I didn't realise that. Thanks for letting me know.

i will soon be posting the results of my second season with Spurs with this tactic. After I finish my second/third season I will try this tactic with another team and post the results 

End of second season : 

i tweaked it so that the CAM is still an advanced playmaker, the LW became a winger and and RW stayed as an IF

i won the manager of the year award and Harry Kane won player of the year

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png