Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Risheek

Alex Teixeira at Liverpool

Alex Teixeira at Liverpool

How Teixeira would work with Liverpool

Liverpool and Shakhtar Donetsk are still very much locked in talks over a deal for Brazilian forward Alex Teixeira.

The Ukrainian side reportedly rejected a second Reds bid on Monday in the region of £28m.

While the two clubs’ valuations of the player still appear some distance apart, Teixeira has made it clear of his desire to leave Ukraine in this transfer window to get a place in the Brazil side.

Teixeira – who has struck 26 goals in as many games across all competitions this season – has amazingly never played for his country and feels moving to England could facilitate his first call up.

Liverpool’s struggles in front of goal this season have been well publicized. The Reds have mustered just 30 goals in 23 Premier League games this season and five of those came in the daft last-gasp win at Norwich on Saturday lunchtime.

Christian Benteke has struggled to make an impression while Daniel Sturridge, Divock Origi and Danny Ings are all injured, leaving Jurgen Klopp with little room for experimentation.

Roberto Firmino has emerged as Liverpool’s standard bearer in recent weeks in the face of a debilitating injury crisis, with the Brazilian notching four goals in his last three games including a brace against Arsenal.

And it is Firmino and Brazilian compatriot Philippe Coutinho who Teixeira should thrive around. Klopp has made it no secret that he yearns for fluidity and mobility in his attacking line and the thought of the trio in a Samba triumvirate buzzing around, interchanging relentlessly, is mouthwatering.

Let’s look at the man himself:

Alex Teixeira 

image.thumb.png.932527a4cd7e29081d5c8d13

What a player! He has an astounding 20 in both dribbling and passing. This should ensure that he can get past those irritating defenders, and at the last minute, slip it to the striker who would then score. He can get in between the goals as he has 16 in shooting. His technique is 17, which is great for any player. He also has 18 in creativity and 20 in decisions. I have noticed a trend between Brazilians, their creativity is very good. Look at Neymar, Oscar and Marcelo. His physical stats are not behind, at 14 pace and stamina. Something that will improve over time. All in all, a great player.

Let’s see how he would fit in the team, with all the other amazing attacking midfeilders in the team.

Luis Alberto

image.thumb.png.a93ebfaffa50cd71c02fbe9a

Luis Alberto is a highly decent player. He has not cemented his place in the side and is used mainly as a back-up to the main midfielders, such as Firmino. He has a good 15 in dribbling and 16 in passing. He has 15 creativity and 15 decisions as well. Making sure that he can make the right decisions. A decent player, but a great back-up.

Philippe Coutinho

image.thumb.png.be85d067e1e1f6a41ceaa245

Coutinho is a fellow Brazilian to Alex. They should turn out good friends as  both come from Brazil. Coutinho is a young gem that Liverpool have. He has 19 dribbling and 18 passing, making him a great player to play on the sides. His creativity is also amazing, the Brazilian effect, might I say. Klopp should be playing Alex with Philippe instead of replace him.

Roberto Firmino

image.thumb.png.3371982d00847a6bb279e722

Firmino is an amazing player, who is the main component of the Liverpool midfield. He basically controls the reds’ attack. He has 17 dribbling, 15 passing and 17 shooting. He can dribble past the defenders, pass to the striker or, if he’s feeling selfish, score himself. He has 20 movement which should ensure he can adjust to the ball. His physical stats are great, 15 pace and 17 stamina. This will make sure he can play the extra match for Liverpool. Firmino should also be played with Teixeira.

James Milner

image.thumb.png.25b883b40635403c9396b505

Milner is who Teixeira should replace. However, let’s take a look at the former Manchester City man. Milner has the perfect stats for a midfielder, 19 crossing, 16 dribbling and 15 passing. He has a great 20 decisions, which will ensure he can adjust to the direction of the ball. All in all, a good player whose position is most likely going to be taken. 

Lazar Markovic

image.thumb.png.616eefa7cc1ac362a18d045c

Markovic, is not exactly an APM, but rather an inside forward. This is shown by his outstanding 19 dribbling and 17 crossing. He also has 16 decisions and 17 creativity, so he is a great inside forward.

Adam Lallana

image.thumb.png.a51a2a0298b5dff55f8d7379

Lallana is totally out of this world! He has 15 crossing, 18 dribbling and 16 passing. He can cross over to Sturridge or Firmino, or if he is blocked by a defender, he can dribble past the, and pass to the striker. His general stats are the magical part. His general stats are full of gold, other than his aggression and positioning. Lallana is a great player who might be used as the 4th midfielder if Klopp uses a 4 midfielder formation to utilize Adam.

Ryan Kent

image.thumb.png.842b9d62d75596a16e0bbb6b

Last, is a English kid named Ryan Kent. I had actually went to check his progressions a few weeks back, to see if he can be the next Bale. Unfortunately, he did not complete this task but did turn a decent player. Not much to talk about him as all his stats are decent

Simulation

I did receive feedback that my simulations are enjoyed more than others by a few members, so I knew I had to do a simulation. So, I will use the same format as my Austin article, as I have been for the whole article. First a 1 year simulation, then continue onto the 3 year simulation. So, onto the simulation now…

The first look:

image.thumb.png.932527a4cd7e29081d5c8d13

Just for you to see how he is at the start

I year later…

image.thumb.png.26953b8b9c16e94978032758

Amazingly, we did not see any improvements this year. He only had a -1 in creativity. Maybe those are signs that he has already hit his prime and cannot improve anymore. Keeping that in mimd, let’s move on…

3 years later…

image.thumb.png.6a7e24a97884f55fe5de4eca

Absolutely no progress, other than a -1 in stamina, which is because of age taking effect. So, Teixeira has hit his prime which is not bad. If he is only this good, it shows that he will be a useful ally to Liverpool. 

The last look

image.thumb.png.6a7e24a97884f55fe5de4eca

image.thumb.png.3d6378766e2fa714fd2bea74

So Teixeira made no improvements in his career after joining Liverpool. The first season was better for the Brazilian. He made the most of his crossing, clinching 15 assists. He got in with the goals and got 3 of them. The second season was the turning point, he got only 6 games, where a better player probably came in to take his spot. In this season he managed only a 6.33 AVG rating. In the last season, he got 18 games and managed 1 goal. Once again, he got in between the goals, with 8 assists. 

So, all in all, Teixeira managed a decent career at Liverpool whilst maintaining his tremendous stats. So most probably, he is a useful player to Liverpool. He will work well in midfield with his fellow Brazilian brothers Roberto and Philippe. My last comment being that Liverpool should buy him, as I know what he can turn into if properly utilized, he is an amazing player who will enhance their midfield in so many ways.

The Last Overview

It was an interesting experience seeing how Liverpool’s number one target would turn out. I was satisfied as I do study Liverpool to a certain extent, mainly because they have always interested me. Teixeira should be bought as fast as possible as he can really help them, he didn’t score 26 goals if he was a decent player. For now, it is time for me to bid adieu, and do look forward to more of my projects. 

Note: IGE was used to place Teixeira in Liverpool

Thanks for viewing 

Risheek

Edited by Risheek

Nice one Risheek.
Too bad about no improvements but have you tried first to put him on full Fitness?

He could have been able to play more in the games, getting less tired and maybe less suffer the other training programs.
Try to use IT in your sims, that could be a greater read if we see some improvements :) 

13 minutes ago, Toji said:

Nice one Risheek.
Too bad about no improvements but have you tried first to put him on full Fitness?

He could have been able to play more in the games, getting less tired and maybe less suffer the other training programs.
Try to use IT in your sims, that could be a greater read if we see some improvements :) 

Thanks

Actually, for IT. I need to be the team's manager. And the main purpose is to show he he would do at Liverpool and not an Iscout. But if you want, I have that too ;) 

5 minutes ago, Risheek said:

Thanks

Actually, for IT. I need to be the team's manager. And the main purpose is to show he he would do at Liverpool and not an Iscout. But if you want, I have that too ;) 

Oh, I thought you were managing.
That's what I would have done. But great that way too.

Fantastic work, you can see you're getting the hang of this type of content. 

@Toji - Getting results with you as the manager wouldn't be as "realistic". If you play its time consuming and boosted and if you holiday they'll be worse due to how holidaying works. As Risheek said this is a simulation more than a player highlight, however I think adding a stats after 6 months of IT could be a good extra feature to include in future articles. 

6 hours ago, Ashez said:

@Toji - Getting results with you as the manager wouldn't be as "realistic". If you play its time consuming and boosted and if you holiday they'll be worse due to how holidaying works. As Risheek said this is a simulation more than a player highlight, however I think adding a stats after 6 months of IT could be a good extra feature to include in future articles. 

Thanks

I Guess it could be, I'll include it in my next one

Nice simulation. He looks a good player but I think he had limited time (don't think he did well at Liverpool like you said he did). Maybe this is down to Sturridge not being as injury prone and Ings not being out in the game or the fact Origi is a bit overpowered. I believe in a situation with a False 9 like Liverpool are playing at the moment he would be a lot better. Hard to simulate that so good work and a great write up.

7 hours ago, Toji said:

Oh, I thought you were managing.
That's what I would have done. But great that way too.

Thanks. That did turn out the situation, however, the first season he had gotten gametime, so I'm lost oh how he didn't improve. Thanks again

15 hours ago, Ashez said:

Yes of course ! 
But If he move a player to a club using IGE, there's maybe a chance that this player don't play a single game for this club.
The idea of the few IT months could be great.
Like you take the club, then full IT while playing him and then resign of the club and check for his evolution.

44 minutes ago, Toji said:

Yes of course ! 
But If he move a player to a club using IGE, there's maybe a chance that this player don't play a single game for this club.
The idea of the few IT months could be great.
Like you take the club, then full IT while playing him and then resign of the club and check for his evolution.

However, that's the point. To see if he is valued at the club, not to make him, better and in a way, buy him games. To see if his current stats are good enough for Liverpool