Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career A new era

Jose-Mourinho1.jpg

Jose Mourinho has been sacked by Chelsea for a second time, just seven months after winning the Premier League.

The 52-year-old has been dismissed with Chelsea 16th in the division and one point above the relegation zone following a dismal run of nine defeats in 16 games.

A Chelsea statement read: "Chelsea Football Club and Jose Mourinho have today parted company by mutual consent. All at Chelsea thank Jose for his immense contribution since he returned as manager in the summer of 2013.

"His three league titles, FA Cup, Community Shield and three League Cup wins over two spells make him the most successful manager in our 110-year history.

"But both Jose and the board agreed results have not been good enough this season and believe it is in the best interests of both parties to go our separate ways.

"The club wishes to make clear Jose leaves us on good terms and will always remain a much-loved, respected and significant figure at Chelsea. His legacy at Stamford Bridge and in England has long been guaranteed and he will always be warmly welcomed back to Stamford Bridge."

Edited by anfieldsquirrel

Glad that everyone missed me as much :P

Probably won't be as epic as my old days. I have an android phone now and updating/formatting is trickier! 

Despite android being included in my mobile uploading guide... 

grayson-simon4x349-908178.jpg

Simon Grayson has been sacked by the Preston North End board of directors today.

The 46 year-old has been released by the board due to a poor run of results. The board feels that they must act now to save the club from relegation under Grayson.

The breaking news developing from this story is that Preston have contacted an ex premier league manager in an audacious attempt to get him at the helm of the club.

As of now, Sky Sports are unsure of the identity of this mystery manager, but our sources are working hard to find out who this man is. The only information we have thus far is that said manager has recently been involved with management and has an impressive pedigree.

A Preston spokesperson has told us that no announcements will be made at present, and the board are focusing on the next game against Bolton wanderers.

We will follow this story as it develops.

mourinho-laughing.jpg

Jose Mourinho has snubbed the idea of becoming Preston North End manager.

The 52-year-old has brutally dismissed claims that he was set to take over at Preston. He had alot to say in today's press conference.

"Why would I join a bunch of crooks(Preston)? The team is bad, the chairman has no values and the morals on which the club is built on is all wrong.

"I have nothing against dropping down a league, maybe even two or three leagues if it opened up a new challenge for me. I am unemployed and that means I need to rebuild my reputation. I want to start from scratch and win a lot of trophies with alot of teams.

"However, to join Preston would be the worst decision I could make. The chairman phoned me and enquired about me going for a chat. I laughed and hung up the phone. They have done well getting to where they are, but it's not a club I want to associate myself with".

Preston have now announced that Cambridge United manager Richard Money will take over the reigns. He will be replaced by Shaun Derry at Cambridge as caretaker manager. 

Money had alot of success in the lower leagues but will now face his toughest challenge of getting Preston to the Premier League. _66394768_pa-5473178.jpg

Edited by anfieldsquirrel
1 hour ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

Wouldn't that be mean..:p

That's a nice way of saying it... 

The title doesn't really match what's going on, maybe we'll see another sacking with a Jose link... Another Championship team maybe, or another swerve to the situation. Squirrel to get involved... ;)

21 hours ago, sharaziuk said:

That's a nice way of saying it... 

The title doesn't really match what's going on, maybe we'll see another sacking with a Jose link... Another Championship team maybe, or another swerve to the situation. Squirrel to get involved... ;)

Perhaps, perhaps :P

2b787c0225e218a20b0ea745ec909f42.jpg

Simon Grayson is currently in talks with Cambridge United regarding the vacant manager position.

It is understood that Grayson is happy to drop down the leagues so that he can rebuild his reputation.

In an interview with Sky Sports, Grayson said: "Cambridge United are a great club. The team has great philosophies and it does well to bring through youth.

"I know I would be dropping down divisions by taking the job,  but I feel that I can take the club up the divisions.

"of course the premiership is the ultimate goal, but that's a long term project. I need to worry about getting the team promoted from league two this season."

Despite nothing being signed, it looks all but certain Grayson will be in the hotseat before the Portsmouth game on Saturday.