Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics What is the way you sell player in FMM2016?

rseven

How do YOU sell a player :)? Lets start with that :)

i often list the dead wood and offer them to other clubs.

another thing is buy regens cheap - loan them out  - sell them for good money :)

12 minutes ago, AndersJ said:

How do YOU sell a player :)? Lets start with that :)

i often list the dead wood and offer them to other clubs.

another thing is buy regens cheap - loan them out  - sell them for good money :)

In fact, I do not sell my players. I put them in reserve team until contract expire.

List unwanted player will cause player unhappy.

What I do for unwanted players is list them and offer 1/4 quarter their value to clubs. You usually get a nibble from this and can negotiate right up to nearly the value in most cases.

For high profile players with larger values, say £20m plus, if you want to sell them I find the best way is to just leave them and not play them at all. They will get fed up and demand a move for first team football this is when you usually get big offers from high profile clubs. Again, you negotiate this way in order to get offers way above the players value as in most cases as you sometimes have several team bidding for them. I usually just increase it by 0.5-1 million every time you get an offer and the clubs tends to increase it a lot more sometimes 3-5 million each time.

Hope that helps.

1 hour ago, rseven said:

In fact, I do not sell my players. I put them in reserve team until contract expire.

List unwanted player will cause player unhappy.

Putting them in the reserve team will also create unrest and make them unhappy you know..

@danovic78 that sounds good for small players but the way you sell good (>20m valued) players is not good. Leaving them out of the team will make them unhappy and create bad atmosphere in the club. Also, when you don't play them, they eventually lose some market value.

I generally offer them at market value to teams and depending on the type of the player, I see what clubs are offering and which clubs are offering and then predict how much they can go higher or be willing to pay for them player and just counter offer them with my predicted price. So for example if Manchester City offer me 50m for Reus, I can say Reus will get me around 70m-75m and counter offer Manchester City with 70m. If they accept it, I might counter offer again with 75m. But if a smaller teams (in terms of finance) like Tottenham offer me the same, I can say they are unlikely to pay around 75m and unlikely to afford a player with that price. All you have to do is some research and some calculations.

@vbase But that is the idea, making them unhappy. Rather than just listing them for a transfer, I let them come to me for a transfer, its true that their value does decrease but I don't normally do this that often and usually its at the start of a season and the player is then sold in the January window and it doesn't seem to affect my club. That is just my experience.

15 hours ago, vbase said:

Putting them in the reserve team will also create unrest and make them unhappy you know..

Yes. Put player in reserve team will make this player unhappy. But this will not impact the harmony in first team.

Edited by rseven

@danovic78 @vbase @Zkleeds Thanks for your reply.

But the key is to get bid from other clubs.

When you offer player to other clubs, you will get below response.

1. You received the mail saying "No interest". Of course, you will lower the price and offer again.

(Here, a tips to share. Please do not offer a player to clubs again immediately when you received "No interest". Because system will not send "No interest" again. So, I suggest to offer another player first then back the previous players.)

2. Not received the mail saying "No interest". But after several days, there is not club listed in insterested clubs row of player contract page. You have to offer the player again.

(Here, I have some complain to SI, @Alari. In old version (maby be in fmh2014), System will give correct response. If you don't receive the mail saying "No interest", you can make sure at least one club is insterested in this player. But from FMM2015, system will not give correct reponse. I hope SI can improve this part.)

3. Not received the mail saying "No insterest". And after one or two day, you can find some clubs is listed in interested clubs row of player contact page. Then you need wait the bid come from these clubs. Someitme, it comes within one week. Sometime, no bid come even the transfer window closed.

4. Not received the mail saying "No insterest". And you find there are two clubs in transfer offers row of player contract page. Then this bring two resulst.
a) You receive biding war message after one day. Good news.
b) You never received bid message. Bad news.

Another tips here , maybe someone will think this is a cheating. But this is the efficient way I think to sell player.

i) goto player contract page.
ii) offer player with lower price
iii) repeat step ii with one price 3~4 times and try lower price again and again until you find two clubs appear in transfer offer row
iv) press continue and you will find bidding war is coming.
Note: when you see clubs appear in transfer offer row, you still can repeat step ii to change bidding clubs. But I need remind you if you do this, will cause you can not receive bidding message.

Any comment is welcome!

Edited by rseven

Personally I just offer the player at market value (usually my high value players). If a bid I'm satisfied with comes, he goes. If there isn't, he stays. I don't like pissing players off either. Each player has a running story with his own career (tbh my favourite part of FMM is to keep track on the careers of many players), I just can't stand if a player's story is "he got annoyed with <insert my club name> and left. He showed his true value and got the appreciation he deserves at another club".

But with regards to players I desperately want to sell. I don't really rush it either. They go on loan over and over, year after year until a bid comes by. I'd sell these players that'll never break first team at almost any price about their market value.

You think I act to much like a big club? Well perhaps, but I started in the second division. My transfer policy was like that from the start. The sale of Breel Embolo alone (my first big transfer out) got me 93m. And I never worried about money after.

Edited by Meow
52 minutes ago, Meow said:

Personally I just offer the player at market value (usually my high value players). If a bid I'm satisfied with comes, he goes. If there isn't, he stays. I don't like pissing players off either. Each player has a running story with his own career (tbh my favourite part of FMM is to keep track on the careers of many players), I just can't stand if a player's story is "he got annoyed with <insert my club name> and left. He showed his true value and got the appreciation he deserves at another club".

But worth regards to players I desperately want to sell. I don't really rush it either. They go on loan over and over, year after year until a bid comes by. I'd sell these players that'll never break first team at almost any price about their market value.

You think I act to much like a big club? Well perhaps, but I started in the second division. My transfer policy was like that from the start. The sale of Breel Embolo alone (my first big transfer out) got me 93m. And I never worried about money after.

I really like your idea about players.

On Friday, February 05, 2016 at 14:00, rseven said:

I really like your idea about players.

Well immersion is key after        all

Edited by Meow

There is a glitch/ was may be gone now, But, If you get a really high offer on a player and don't want to sell them right there, Just Have them Sign a new contract, The offer will stay on Contract page, and just offer to clubs and that offer will come up again, I don't recommend this though. 

51 minutes ago, M4cc4n4 said:

Not for me, Keep getting Scouts at my Matchs and Bids are pouring in

How do you make this?

6 hours ago, rseven said:

How do you make this?

I didn't do anything, but I've only ever got it on Regens  - More Recently I got it on Diego Forlans regen

I usually offer them for a lower price and when I receive the offers I put like 2-3 MM more that what I asked in 1st place, fun story I sign Julian Green as free agent he had a bad season only playing like 26 games in the start if the next season I receive a 19 MM offer for him and his market value was like 6MM so yeah 19 MM for free xD

9 hours ago, pipaz4 said:

I usually offer them for a lower price and when I receive the offers I put like 2-3 MM more that what I asked in 1st place, fun story I sign Julian Green as free agent he had a bad season only playing like 26 games in the start if the next season I receive a 19 MM offer for him and his market value was like 6MM so yeah 19 MM for free xD

Ha, you made a big deal.:D

I suppose this is a sign that Im not very ruthless but any player I despise in real life, I give the boot to as soon as possible.

In fact for a while, I was editing the game (with Jay's SE) to give Ravel Morrison as low a PA as I could.

But I have noticed that it is considerably harder to move players on than it used to be and I normally end up with at least one player with the non existent bids bug when I start a career - much worse than it used to be in 2015

It hasn't been harder since the update. 

Also my best deal ever. Robert Petrus. Lost a bid war to Leverkusen  (they had lots of money from selling previous players i sold them) was cause I wasn't willing to pay 21m for an unproven lad with poor stamina. He was then upset with the financial overhaul (despite being part of it) and didn't perform. Bought him and sold him for more than the original price they bought him for in the same year.

Like I said I just offered them at market value. Nothing complicated. Every player is a running story, and that story builds reputation. Reputation gives you value, which sells for money. 

Also... My most profitable save ever, 2.14B (another is 1.74B sold with Sheffield Wednesday). Built it with my transfer policy, take that however you like.

Screenshot_2016-04-19-19-41-56.png

Screenshot_2016-04-19-19-42-10.png

Edited by Meow

@Meow well, before the update I'd offer great players such as Messi, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic and I would almost certainly get a good offer for them. Now I offer them and all I get is no club is interested because of their wage level even. Sometimes smaller players with good market prices (>50m) but with low wages also get the same message. Possibly because of their market value.

Another thing is they used to offer great amounts like in 70ms for 50m players like Reus and were open to negotiation. After the update I have tested it, I get a low offer, I negotiate with 1m more than they offer and they give up on the player.

there is also a huge difference in starting with big clubs like Liverpool vs lower league ones as I see my youth players that would even be decent in L2/Vanamara Leagues getting zero offers and value hardly moving up sticking at $6k-$20k yet sometimes they will show up constantly on my scouts reports for youth players next to all the EPL clubs with prices in the $5m + with salaries around $1m yet they seem to be sold as I guess the bigger club they start with gives a boost even though they could have exact same position, current ability, potential ability , but higher price and wages . 

I'm usually L1 or below team currently Chesterfield in L1 and I see the (Liverpool big clubs etc ) youth being bought by other L1 or Championship teams for millions but still pass on my cheaper youths that have only difference in current wages / value. 

Is this just a game mechanic that will not change? Basically no matter how good a youth is rated from lower leagues they will never be anywhere near the prices of bigger league youth players with same potential?? 

Heck even been a bunch I had to let go with expiring contracts since no offers to buy and seems the cpu would then sign em for free and I would not get the Bosman fee (24 and under ) ... They would then in about a year show up as a top youth again on scout youth reports but value goes up since they signed as free.. Very confusing as I would even give em some first team games to try to increase interest and they have decent avg rating in those few games 7.0 with a goal or assist ..