Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DLF drift

Lilgac

Because of the positioning bug, I have a FC(L) and a FR with the FR being a DLF, when I check game play, I realise whenever opponents have the ball, the DLF drifts towards the center, to be be next to my FC(L). But when we have the ball, it moves to FR. It doesn't goes deep.

is that a normal behaviour of DLF? 

No it's not. Unfortunately player roles do not automatically do as the positioning guide suggests they do. 

It requires trial and error to see how different player roles play in your tactic. It gets quite complicated as there seems to be certain rules for some player roles. Trying to figure out those rules can be time consuming and annoying. 

SI would tell you those rules but I very much doubt they know. At the end of the day a DLF should drop deep and 'try' and find space to link the play, an inside forward should cut inside. How effective they are should be based on the rest of your tactic. Unfortunately that's not the case, you need to do A,B,C and D before an INF will even try to cut inside. I'm sure you will find the same with the DLF. Just need to find out what the wacky combination of ABC and D is. 

Swap your DLF to a Complete forward and see if that works better for you ;-)

54 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Unfortunately that's not the case, you need to do A,B,C and D before an INF will even try to cut inside. I'm sure you will find the same with the DLF. Just need to find out what the wacky combination of ABC and D is. 

Swap your DLF to a Complete forward and see if that works better for you ;-)

Lol ya. So dump that a football game needs to "crack" in order for your IF to actually cut inside. Though it's a acknowledged bug.

Tried changing person to play DLF, but same, maybe i haven't figure out the "crack". 

I believe a IF or DLF should do what the role is, but differs on effectiveness bacause of players abilities and traits. If i ask john terry eg to drop deep playing as a fwd, sure he will jusy drop deep here and there but maybe often not at the right time and doesnt link up play well because of abilities. But he drops deep. 

It shouldnt be a case of finding which player will actually listen to you and drop deep cos hes ask to

Tbh thats fairly realistic that some players listen and some don't

I run a six a side team and I could tell them what to do but they don't listen to stay back or not to jump in etc some do some don't simple as that and it will be the same in Top Level football aswell

8 minutes ago, UKFootballScore said:

Tbh thats fairly realistic that some players listen and some don't

I run a six a side team and I could tell them what to do but they don't listen to stay back or not to jump in etc some do some don't simple as that and it will be the same in Top Level football aswell

Yup fair point

but in fmm 2016 game, in my case, Malcom, Barbosa, Bale, Ascensio, doesn't matter if DLF is not their preferred role, but surely these guys of their caliber understands to at least once in the match to drop slightly deeper rather than always on the FWD line and moving central and sticking next to my FC whenever other side got the ball.. Simply weird. 

Yet I couldn't like reprimand them, say in media, for "not listening to instructions" since no such option, and likely they will be sad and all and request to be listed etc  lol

Main point is before the INF workaround and bug was acknowledged, people might also thought perhaps the inf is just not listening or not adept etc hence he just don't cut in.. 

nevertheless I really could be wrong and it's just really these players issue

As I said in a previous post about IFs, there is an obscure positioning bug that should be fixed in the next update. This should fix the deep-lying forwards aswell as several other roles. 

37 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

As I said in a previous post about IFs, there is an obscure positioning bug that should be fixed in the next update. This should fix the deep-lying forwards aswell as several other roles. 

Thanks for the heads up. At least now i dont have to keep testing thinking its my players issue..in fact should stop playing till next update, as i feel this is a crit. bug.

Edited by Lilgac