Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics 4-2-3-1 centre midfield player roles

nimmo

as I don't use any other formation what is the best player roles for the centre midfielders currently I use a Dlm and a b2b is this the best pairing or what would you guys suggest 

It depends on the players. You always want to have a CM/DLP/APM paired with a BBM/BWM as that gives physicality and a passing ability. You also don't want to have no defensive player so must always include a DLP/BWM so the options are...

CM-BWM

APM-BWM

DLP-BBM

DLP-BWM

always use Dlm as a rule I usually mess around with the other midfield role as in attacking midfield I have 2 inside forwards and an advanced playmaker I've never tried 2 advanced playmakers in the Same formation on this version

My rule is if a centre midfielder is an advanced playmaker I usually have them as a  box to box and any other centre mid as a deep lying 

7 minutes ago, nimmo said:

My rule is if a centre midfielder is an advanced playmaker I usually have them as a  box to box and any other centre mid as a deep lying 

I don't understand. Is this a 3 man midfield or a two man one? Also do you judge off attributes as you will find a player good for an Advanced Playmaker is good for a Central Midfielder role if not better if his teamwork is high and he has decent tackling.

This is how I set it out all the time I use advanced playmakers as box to box midfielders in centre midfield and an advanced playmaker in the attacking mid centre hope this helps

image.png

image.png

Ok I get you now. You include your Advanced Playmaker in your midfield but I don't as the role is different - in my eyes it is always Advanced Playmaker or Inside Forward.

If it is Advanced Playmaker then you cannot have an Advanced Playmaker behind so you either have to pick Deep Lying Playmaker and Box to Box/Ball Winning Midfielder or Ball Winning Midfielder and Central Midfielder. In this case the latter is the option I would choose as you are overloading the middle with no width. With the Box to Box Midfielder, Poacher, Inside Forwards and Advanced Playmaker all your attacking threat will be very central, therefore it would be advised to change to a BWM and CM combination to help counter this. Maybe consider making the best crosser a winger too.

never really understood the bwm midfield role if I'm honest I will change one inside forward to a winger I do create a lot of chances but get frustrated about the amount of goals I score

would be nice to see a detailed guide on how to create a 4-2-3-1 formation with tips on what to do and not to do include player roles and team instructions to

6 hours ago, nujawuja said:

Hi Dec,

Could you send me a good 4-2-3-1 with detailed instructions ?

Thanks in advance !

Ciao

As I said, it depends on players. You could have a 4231 with a TM or PCR or Advanced Forward etc...

Chelsea :

d.costs (complete fwd)

hazard (if)                      oscar (apm)                            pedro (winger)

fabregas (cm)   matic (bwm)

azpillicueta (wb)  cahill  (cd) zouma (cd) ivanovic (full back)

chourtuois (gk)

attacking

direct

mixed

mixed

committed

pressing on