Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

5 Deadline Day Simulations

Risheek

5 Deadline Day Simulations

The January transfer window of 2016 failed to provide the sort of drama that we normally get on deadline days. Most of the big clubs kept quiet, refusing to alter their squads at expensive prices, with the likes of Stoke, Everton and Newcastle taking centre stage for their dealings instead.

Transfer links came in their droves this winter, with plenty of big names touted to move to bigger sides, but almost every single one fell through.

Prudence reigned despite the Premier League title sitting there for the taking. Arsenal bought one for the long term, Leicester did not want to endanger club morale and  Manchester City put faith in what they had.

Deadline Day did throw up its set of far-flung signing, with several foreign imports signing for Premier League clubs and arriving amidst a shroud of mystery. Even with the globalisation of football, some players are still unearthed, so to speak

Here, I take a look at 5 of the most exciting, weird and smartest deadline day transfers.

Baye Oumar Niasse

IMG_1297.thumb.PNG.737226b907e740b528e48

Niasse was linked to many clubs, such as Man Utd, Chelsea and Spurs. However, it was the Toffees who bagged his signature, paying the necessary 13.5M to let Moscow let go of him.

The Senegalese striker is a speedy player who can work anywhere in the attacking midfield and strikers’ position. The 25 year old striker has great movement which stands at 17. He has an reliable ability to score, with his 18 shooting. He also has 17 dribbling which is something you don’t find in every great striker,

Niasse can play left to Lukaku and even fill in for the Belgian if required. With Arouna Kone fading away and Miralles standing as one of the most mistrusted members of the squad, there is a spot that Niasse can take right now.

Simulation

So, now we are going to check how Niasse does 1 season in at Everton:

Baye Oumar Niasse

IMG_1304.thumb.PNG.43be0d37416212ae97b48

IMG_1305.thumb.PNG.6a8a3ed23d37ebc2f3ed2

Niasse made some decent development, something most people should receive with the BPL. He got a +1 in dribbling, which should make it even more confusing for the defenders. He also got a +1 in shooting, the keepers will be having problems… his decisions also got a +1, something that many gain with age.

In term of performance, Lukaku was still no.1 in which might be a 1 striker formation, however he was played for 15 games. In those 15 games, he failed to impress as he grabbed a single goal.

He might become a better player, because in this case 1 season was too less to come to a conclusion. So, Everton fans’ should be enthusiastic about this lad, but there is no promise he’ll become the next big thing.

Giannelli Imbula

IMG_1298.thumb.PNG.948714816031105b16a5c

Imbula was the biggest deadline day signing of the lot, joining Stoke for a club record 18M just shy of 30 minutes before the window closed.

The 22 year old has an amazing blend of physical stats and passing to make him quite something. He has 16 passing, which is more than adequate for any midfielder. Physically, 16 stamina and strength, he will find the Premier League a breeze, while he is gifted with sheer potential.

He has an amazing build, and is a pure destroyer. His is strong, and does put his weight into tackles, which stand at 12. He is not a replacement for the departing Steven N’Zoni he is much more than that

Imbula is the guy you want picking the ball up on the edge of your own box and starting attacks. His passing, like mentioned, is good. Stoke have invested 18M on a good player.

Simulation

Imbula is French and is now at a BPL side. Something a certain Paul was a few years back. Can he become the new Paul Pogba? Let’s find out…

Giannelli Imbula

IMG_1307.thumb.PNG.0dadd9a25748541c6ad3b

IMG_1308.thumb.PNG.6454794bce9dbd0b3eeeb

His dribbling has increased by 1 which will ensure he can get the ball up to the striker. His passing has moved up by 2, which is phenomenal as he is now a better passer. His decisions also went through a +2, something not many players at this age have. His leadership has moved ever so slightly by 1, nothing that will help him become captain but a useful asset. Movement moving up to 15, he can get up and down the field with ease.

Imbula had 28 games, in which he got 3 goals. This is very good for a deep midfielder. Not only that but he helped his teammates out with 2 goals as well. Displaying his amazing tackling, he picked up 2 yellow cards. Something Stoke will take advantage of.

Imbula came out as somewhat a hit at Stoke. You can see that he has a good future ahead at Stoke. He has proven his worth and Stoke believe in him, handing out 28 apps. Stoke fans should be excited about this guy!

Steven Fletcher

IMG_1299.thumb.PNG.ab6ae669ae2ff3c267f41

Steven Fletcher has been somewhat of a decent player for Sunderland, and it’s no secret why they let him go off to Marseille on loan.

Fletcher can unfortunately only play in the centre forward position, which takes out some of the appeal of him. He has 15 aerial, which Ocampos will find very useful. His 16 shooting, is also something compulsory for a striker. The 28 year olds’ decisions is 15, which is strange. At this point of time, it should be quite high. Nonetheless a decent player.

Fletcher is most likely going to be the choice one striker, with the only known striker being 21 year old, and unproven Michy Batshuayi. Smart thinking from Marseille indeed.

Simulation

Not many players from Scotland have done well abroad, can Fletcher be different?

Steven Fletcher

IMG_1309.thumb.PNG.807f646a72cfa7325d847

IMG_1310.thumb.PNG.0172ed182d371559b7bea

Fletcher saw a +1 in shooting, something he will try to make the most out of. He saw a +1 in tackling, unusual, but still an improvement. However, he experienced a -1 in positioning. This is very worrying, as if he is not at the right position, he will lose many chances.

Definitely better than Niasse, and I think this is higher than decent when it comes to appearances. 20 apps is somewhat a disgrace as Fletcher is the only known forward, in the club other than Michy. Really unfortunate he didn’t get more chances, but what can we do.

Fletcher, was a very decent player. Marseille fans can’t conclude anything, due to the fact Steven only got 20 apps, and anybody would know it is very good picking this up. However, that does not deter the fact that Steven made little improvement with Marseille.

Seydou Doumbia

IMG_1300.thumb.PNG.4d47866b2a7f029559a48

All of us know about this Ivorian. He has played in Russia for some time, but Roma acquired him just last season. He was loaned back to CSKA this season after somewhat a disappointing time at Roma. Now he plays for Newcastle( on loan). An interesting life, isn’t it.

He, like Fletcher, playes solely in the centre forward position, his stats are appealing though. He has 17 dribbling, which is very rare in a striker. 18 shooting, which is not much of  a surprise. His general stats are great, 15 aggression, 17 decisions and 17 movement. His stamina is not bad either. All in all, am amazing player.

If you think he was bought as back-up to the greats in the team, you are solely mistaken my friend. Rather, the others will be kept as back-up to him if not played with him.

Doumbia is more or less an Ivorian legend. That is expressed by his stats. Newcastle have made a great loan deal, of him and he should lead them out of the danger zone.

Simulation

He has spent a majority of his career in Russia, which is not as tough as England. Can he live up to his expectations?

Seydou Doumbia

IMG_1311.thumb.PNG.26c191dbc54d7a63a58e0

IMG_1312.thumb.PNG.c20ef2c5e37ef323827bd

Doumbia had a lot of development, so I’ll just talk about the main ones. You can see the rest, can’t you? Doumbia saw a +1 in dribbling; this guy keeps getting better and better. A +1 in shooting which brings it to 19, amazing, isn’t it. +1 in both creativity and decisions, tying it all up.

Somewhat decent as he gets most of the games in the season but only gets 14 goals. Basically decent as this is a practical average of a decent player in the BPL. His AVG rating is 7+ so he did play a role in most of the matches he played.

Newcastle fans’ can expect Doumbia to be the Messi for them. His AVG rating clearly shows he is important, but his goals and other stuff don’t. Basically, he controls the game without the ball, like Messi.

James Maddison

IMG_1306.thumb.PNG.2ba40f426b07e1cebb5fd

There were plenty of other players I could choose, however I chose him for one reason. James Maddison had been linked with moves to both Spurs and Liverpool. He came from a League One side. Dele Alli all over again? Possibley

Maddison does not have that great stats, but he does have potential. At this point of time, I can’t talk about much because of that. So let’s get forward with the simulation.

Simulation

Can Maddison live up to his tag, as the next Dele Alli?

James Maddison

IMG_1313.thumb.PNG.f5d050d493df0b51cd2eb

IMG_1314.thumb.PNG.729b485fd1c09500c7142

What did I say? His development has come greatly, I meant it. His general stats have improved a whole lot, along with his attacking ones not to mention the amazing value he now has.

Maddison had 7 apps, quite a bit for an 18 year old. His AVG rating is 6.40+ which is great for an unproven player.

As much as I would like to praise him, I won’t. A green wasn’t in sight but development was there. For those who have large careers, you have to see how he does in a decade or so, however, in this experiment he did very decent and I don’t think I could be better than that, to be honest. At this point of time, no conclusion can be made due to his age.

Deadline day brings us the weirdest and strangest transfers. Some fans enjoy this while some critics don’t. The drama that unfolds is greater than a movie. 5 signings that were odd, bizarre and, to a certain extent, smart were included here. Some might agree while others might not, these all are deadline day transfers that mesmerized the world

Hope you enjoyed. Don’t forget to leave a comment or favourite

Thanks for viewing,

Risheek

Nice work Risheek, very well done. I am surprised at how badly you rated Fletcher when he got a goal nearly every other game. Though his lack of performances were noteworthy.  Doumbia definitely looks the best though. Surp

1 minute ago, Dec said:

Nice work Risheek, very well done. I am surprised at how badly you rated Fletcher when he got a goal nearly every other game. Though his lack of performances were noteworthy.  Doumbia definitely looks the best though. Surp

Thanks! I rated him badly? No, he did quite good, I'll revise it. Doumbia was the best for me, H made a difference without getting goals and all that, thanks once again

2 minutes ago, Risheek said:

Thanks! I rated him badly? No, he did quite good, I'll revise it. Doumbia was the best for me, H made a difference without getting goals and all that, thanks once again

For me you should have mentioned him scoring 9 goals in 20 appearances. That is a pretty big oversight when it is a decent return,

1 minute ago, Dec said:

For me you should have mentioned him scoring 9 goals in 20 appearances. That is a pretty big oversight when it is a decent return,

Exactly, that's quite good. I think I got the message wrongly. Thanks for pointing that out :) 

Point Out

Unfortunately guys, I got the message wrongly for Fletcher as @Decpointed out. Let me clarify, that this was actually to mean that it was dissapointing seeing Fletcher only get 20 apps for Marseille when he was the best striker of the lot at Marseille. What he did get, was good if you ask me.

Yep, so that's very thing I guess

Edited by Risheek
5 minutes ago, HashtagTatica said:

Nice read Risheek, one thing I would've done is simmed to January before moving them

Great work :)

I was considering that, however the idea had a lot of holes in it. Example: The manager currently managing the teqm could've been sacked, so that was a difference with a lot of things. So I decided against it

Thanks!