Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Taffs (Follow The Zlat) Attempt

Taff

7 hours ago, DaB said:

Keep going, just a few more seasons to go, you seem to be storming it 

I must admit the tactic has been killing the save just back to the waiting game now

3 hours ago, Ashez said:

Congrats on getting PSG done mate, that Juve news sucks! The game is taunting you ;) 

Cheers Ashez I think it's messing with me to but that's part of the fun but I still believe I can get the job done 10 season left so bring it on

2 hours ago, Risheek said:

I Guess this save is against you. Nah, you'll get it soon enough,5-6 season but soon enough :P its goof that PSG Is done, that was the hard part of this challenge.

Yeah PSG was by far and away the one I needed to complete as you said they needed the most and two league titles and no cups with Juve should be a walk in the park

23 hours ago, Taff said:

SOOOOOOOOOOOO ANNOYINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!

But if I haven't said it before you have created an absolutely great challenge here dude and I have really enjoyed playing

Glad you are enjoying it, lets hope we get over the line!

18 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

Glad you are enjoying it, lets hope we get over the line!

I have no doubt fella we will both get there come hell or high water.

I'm keeping an eye on Juventus at the moment as there not to hot sitting in 6th at the moment but they have a tendency to turn it around

24 minutes ago, Taff said:

I have no doubt fella we will both get there come hell or high water.

I'm keeping an eye on Juventus at the moment as there not to hot sitting in 6th at the moment but they have a tendency to turn it around

That's good, I just need Unai to retire to Barca, must be soon as he is 65!

1 hour ago, Taff said:

I was the same with the PSG job I think Blanc retired at 67

Damn, another couple of years then at PSG...I am running out of seasons though....

1 hour ago, Taff said:

I'm feeling the pressure a bit but I still have 9 full season to go so fingers crossed Juve blow it and hire Me

I'm in my 23rd season now... :S

Don’t lose hope; completing this challenge would be HUGE.

This would be a big risk and probably against the rules… but, whenever I get fed up at a club and I know I’ve got the rep to get most others jobs, I resign. More often than not one of the top managers fills my place and I sit back and watch the resulting merry-go-round of top jobs until I go for the one I like (generally I apply for all of them and have a look at what transfer budget they’re offering). Juve may well not come up as a result but you could play out the intervening seasons somewhere new until it does.

Just now, Joewins said:

Don’t lose hope; completing this challenge would be HUGE.

This would be a big risk and probably against the rules… but, whenever I get fed up at a club and I know I’ve got the rep to get most others jobs, I resign. More often than not one of the top managers fills my place and I sit back and watch the resulting merry-go-round of top jobs until I go for the one I like (generally I apply for all of them and have a look at what transfer budget they’re offering). Juve may well not come up as a result but you could play out the intervening seasons somewhere new until it does.

I like this idea might give it a go once this season runs out

2 hours ago, Taff said:

Oh I didn't realise how far you were, So where are you now and who do you have left?

I am at PSG and won all I need there, I just need Unai Emery to retire at Barca, he is 65. Then fingers crossed, get the job and win a league and 4 cups....Job done!

Just a note on my earlier post, I once quit hoping for a move and Brendan Rodgers was lurking unemployed to take my place - their was no resulting job merry go round.

9 hours ago, Joewins said:

Just a note on my earlier post, I once quit hoping for a move and Brendan Rodgers was lurking unemployed to take my place - their was no resulting job merry go round.

It is a risk but might pay off

Well we've done it again this time (well since the end of October) I have been using my old formation due to the 7.2 update fixing the old IF issue.  

Here's the Formation and Instructions

IMG_4963.thumb.PNG.47689af4f274bdafcf9f7IMG_4962.thumb.PNG.dfd2295985857873181f4

And another great season....

IMG_4956.thumb.PNG.93537e593369b08d913e5IMG_4957.thumb.PNG.80697dcbb527449fbc7fc

Winning the league with 9 (that's right 9 whole games) to go 

And my team were all over the league player stat boards

IMG_4958.thumb.PNG.86cfa7b088304149a3cb2IMG_4959.thumb.PNG.c8f3f86b7ab5af3fb5d07IMG_4960.thumb.PNG.5a40c4b3fd3cc64a2ad51

So I think it's safe to say that the 7.2 update fixed the IF problem 

34 minutes ago, Risheek said:

It's going good. Happy to see IF fixed, I have to try it. Keep it going like this. Hoping u get the job soon :) 

Hopefully I'm tempted to finish the season and follow @Joewins advice and resign and try my luck to see if there is a big shift and hopefully the Job comes up, but I'm not usually that lucky 

And yet another season with the mighty PSG and as said we won the league with a nice 32 point margin and my team was scoring for fun for most of the games, a couple of annoying draws near the end but my team lacks a huge amount of depth and they get tired with all the cup games they play in but no complaints another league title and a whole host of cups to go with it.

IMG_4966.thumb.PNG.d4e4c8ce31652e0507ad5IMG_4975.thumb.PNG.4dfc175399016230ed0e4

Come On Juventus you know I'm the man you want

Stay tuned 

Too easy for you, Taff in France! ;)

I did think about quiting and seeing how managers then fall into place but with Emery being 66 now I think I will hang on but with only a few seasons left its gonna be a tight finish. Who is in charge of Juve and how old are they?

Giorgio Chiellini and he's only 51 so unless he gets it really wrong I'm stuffed 

I also thought about quiting but I don't think Chiellini is good enough for anywhere else so I'd just end up unemployed.

I'm just taking a break from this challenge at the moment and trying something else just so I don't get a bit disillusioned with it 

18 minutes ago, Taff said:

Giorgio Chiellini and he's only 51 so unless he gets it really wrong I'm stuffed 

I also thought about quiting but I don't think Chiellini is good enough for anywhere else so I'd just end up unemployed.

I'm just taking a break from this challenge at the moment and trying something else just so I don't get a bit disillusioned with it 

That's a bit of a pain, that's the only downside with the league's that are loaded in this challenge as there is only a handful of top jobs and the leagues are only won by a few teams. Hope it works out in the end as you have come so far.

And we're back and another season at PSG (still no sign of the Juve job becoming available) but another season and another butt load of trophies

IMG_5015.thumb.PNG.4f557dbda3aba977ee0fdIMG_5016.thumb.PNG.ab1d97bcf1e062397d508IMG_5017.thumb.PNG.df708c59bf2c58b4724b3

Won the league (for the 5th time) with 8 games to go and won a good deal of cups too

IMG_5023.thumb.PNG.0573e4e477acc7df70d6e

Missed out on the Coupe de la Ligue in the 4th round with my only loss of the season (on Penalties)

Cracking result in the World Club Championship final

IMG_5014.thumb.PNG.a2b4609073be1a317a067

Didn't bother with all the results and transfers (as I'm buying and selling for the hell of it now) but here's some player stats and awards 

IMG_5021.thumb.PNG.42caf47dabf6807c7383fIMG_5022.thumb.PNG.b58ab8ec1571a9ba23497IMG_5013.thumb.PNG.f46409c70d55ef98730e5IMG_5018.thumb.PNG.6d74c28471fc32cf6afdaIMG_5019.thumb.PNG.4bd7d7cdae2819aadbb0eIMG_5020.thumb.PNG.97ff2fb1267b1f34a089b

So Another fantastic season

Now while I wait another season I'm going to try another tactic (not one of mine but that shouldn't matter as I'm just killing time)

So I'm going to try the one created by @hakuren7 as it looks like a very intriguing tactic that I've been meaning to try.

So until the Juventus job pops up I'll see you all soon