Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does Your Coaching Badge Impact Your Manager Stats?

Ashez

Does Your Coaching Badge Impact Your Manager Stats?

Football Manager Mobile brought a few new things to the table this year with the addition of coaches being one of the main ones, however one thing 2016 also included by accident was a bug where unemployed managers could get massive jobs with ease. Like most i wrote this off as a bug and thought nothing more of it, however my good friend @samhardy suggested that this wasn't a bug as we first thought but infact an impact of the new coaching badges. His reasoning was that a manager with a gold coaching badge would be a more appealing proposition than some newby who'd just walked out of the academy and in my opinion that reasoning does have some legs. Unfortunately however we had no way of looking into the topic back then but recently @jaymarvels released the save editor which has given us the tools needed to look into this topic, thanks again Jay. 

Now that the editor is available i've decided to find out if Sam's theory has any legs or if it was just a bug in the game, while this may seem like something not worth looking into it certainly is as this sort of thing could alter the way we all start new games. 2016 was billed as the version to give us more freedom to be able to have saves and clubs in our images or images we want to play as and things like this could be game changing. 

To do this test i started four saves, one with each of the new coaching badges available for selection (None, Bronze, Silver and Gold) all set as general coaches. Once the saves were created they were moved to my computer so i could load them into the editor and have a look around which brings us swiftly to here where i shall be posting the results for us to discuss. 

The Results
Do Coaching Badges Impact Your Manager Stats?

GffGs5c.jpg

Well that is disappointing as it appears that no matter which badge level you're in game the results remain the same. While i can see the point of view that managers and coaches are different roles i can't help but be disappointed that they make no difference in the game, especially when you're playing as a coach and as a manager. 

The potential ability stat obviously shouldn't move as that's something you have to earn as you play the save but you'd fully expect the current ability stat to increase depending on your badge level. I feel this could have given you some freedom and the ability to have different types of saves where you could potentially start with different levels and abilities which would alter the path ahead of you. For example if you started with no badges you could only get a conference job but if you had a silver one you could get a Championship one and so on. These badges were meant to add individualism to the game but all they are are stat boosts and a limited one at that from my experience, personally i'm always a fitness coach as i've never been able to find another one in the game.  

If i'm honest i didn't expect to see any difference in the ability sections of the managers but i did however expect to see some movement in the manager's reputation. As i've said i can see that in some cases the roles are seen as different but in just as many they are seen as the same. Surely a coach seen as one of the best in the world (gold badge) would have some more credit in the world of management? Look at people like Zidane or Neville who were rated just because of their name or all of Mourinho's former assistants/coaches who have gotten manager jobs mainly due to working with the Portuguese great. 

What About The Other Stats?

mvOEsmW.jpg

This image shows the other attributes linked to a manager and while this image is of the coach with no badges i can confirm that each badge level was identical to this across the board. I found this very strange in fairness, especially as the coaching stats never changed regardless of an improvement of the coaching level via the coaching badges. As my coaches were set as general i expected to see some differences across the spread but to my disappointed nothing changed. With this in mind i decided to start a new save set up with a Gold Youth coach which again saw no change to these stats with even the youth stat staying at 10. 

I'm disappointed by these results yet i'm going to refrain from passing any judgement because this is a new feature and from my brief understanding the save editor is largely unchanged from last year so there is a possibility the editor isn't reading such information correctly (for example not all the coaching areas are listed on the profile and it looks the same as 2015's). Without some confirmation about this from Jay these results are completely theory based in my opinion and not something to run with. 

So there we have my look at this subject but what do you think? What are your views and opinions on this interesting discussion? As always i'd love to read what you guys have to say.

Insteresting topic!

Coach and manager

In my understanding, Coach and manager are two roles. So, the coach attributes and manager attributes are paralleled attributes.

And coach attributes will not impact manager behaviors ( apply manager job, increase reputation of manager...)

But whether manager attributes will impact coaching effect is not verified.

All coaches has manager attriabutes, but not all managers have coach attributes.

If two coaches have same coach attributes but different manager attributes, do they have same coaching effect to your team?

Human manager attributes

By Save editor we can see human manager also has lot manager attributes.

We cannot change these attributes in game. 

But if we change these attributes by SE, does it impact the performance of human manaer?

For example, increase physiotherapy from 10 to 20, will this help injuried player recovery soon?

@Ashez do you have instest to do this test?

I'm not sure how they would change though? 

How would judging ability change? Our in game managers as such don't judge ability? Or do we get rated on who we sign or play? How would discipline change? It's not like we can discipline players. 

Tbh looking at all the detailed manager stats your profile has and I can't see how you'd improve most of them. Half of them don't even make sense in fairness lol. I think they're just carried over from AI managers and have no impact on the game, feel free to look into it though. 

The stats are correct, not much has changed this year to last year.

There may be some issues with their role as this will need tweaking code but the overall attributes should be right.

7 minutes ago, jaymarvels said:

The stats are correct, not much has changed this year to last year.

There may be some issues with their role as this will need tweaking code but the overall attributes should be right.

Thanks, I thought it would be correct but I wanted to cover my bases just to be sure lol. 

Hi - with regards to human managers and peeking at hidden stats, I'm afraid that is largely pointless as they're mainly defunct for humans and often utilised at all in most cases which is why many are set to 'defaults'.

For instance 'judging ability' is something humans do themselves so its not relevant at all, some may be in use for display purposes for the human profile - but again they're driven by your in-game action and responsive NOT something which affects you, rather its the actions you take which change them and affects how the game views you.

PS - Interesting idea with badges changing your starting reputation (which is used as part of job applications), I didn't do that in case for two reasons - (1) Many people found getting jobs 'too easy' and I didn't want to make that worse, (2) in real-life managers who can coach aren't viewed as better than managers who don't - its their teams results which count most.

11 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Hi - with regards to human managers and peeking at hidden stats, I'm afraid that is largely pointless as they're mainly defunct for humans and often utilised at all in most cases which is why many are set to 'defaults'.

For instance 'judging ability' is something humans do themselves so its not relevant at all, some may be in use for display purposes for the human profile - but again they're driven by your in-game action and responsive NOT something which affects you, rather its the actions you take which change them and affects how the game views you.

PS - Interesting idea with badges changing your starting reputation (which is used as part of job applications), I didn't do that in case for two reasons - (1) Many people found getting jobs 'too easy' and I didn't want to make that worse, (2) in real-life managers who can coach aren't viewed as better than managers who don't - its their teams results which count most.

Thanks for the response Marc, it's good to see you posting around here again. 

Yeah i touched upon that in one of my comments, it's clear to see many of the stats are carried over from the AI managers and mean little like the ones you mentioned. However it was the lack of movement in the coaching areas relating to the badges that confused me, like the youth stat staying at 10 even though i was meant to be a gold youth coach. 

As for the reputation change based on your badge i can understand that point of view, however i think if the badges were more difficult to earn it could have the opposite impact. If someone wanted a grueling unemployed career they could start with no badges and see where the game takes them, however if they wanted to start unemployed but at a higher level they could start with a gold badge and potential jump into Premier League jobs when they're available. For example you could start a save and holiday to see who the first PL manager sacked is to see if you could save the club from relegation etc but as it currently stands that's impossible (without editors). I understand that's a niche example and it can be worked around but it would introduce a new and unique style of play. Personally i like playing as the top teams so i'm always a gold coach and it has little impact on the save, however for the players who like the lower league experience this type of reputation change could alter the game completely. Another example would be a lot of people like to pretend they're former players who have become managers and that sort of boost could be helpful.

That's a fair point about good coaches not always being good managers but plenty of coaches have been appointed as managers purely based on their reputation as a coach. Top my head people like Tim Sherwood and Rene Meulensteen come to mind, sure they didn't set the world a light but in game all we have to go on is our reputation, it's not like we can have a big name as a former player or something for that extra pull to attract the big jobs early on.  Let's not forget one of the greatest managers of all time started as a translator lol.

Anyway i understand what's been said and thanks again for the response. 

Hey guys, 

Nice read there. Of course there's no way that some coach attributes could change as you mentioned.

I'm pretty far in one of my save and the results remain the same. After almost 30 years here is my iscout profile: 

Screenshot_2016-03-11-08-02-31.thumb.png

Screenshot_2016-03-11-08-02-38.thumb.png

What a pity that some stats don't increase. Actually, reputation increase but that's all. Even the current ability don't go up... 

Maybe in FMM2017...