Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics 4-4-1-1

edhdurham

Hi,

Just a little help for a newbie to FMM...  I want to play 4-4-1-1 and I have read through the comments on midfield positions etc.  I am currently setup like this:

GK

FB     CD     CD      FB

WM  BBM  BWM  WM

AP

P

Short passing / through Middle / Balanced...  only thing I change is if I am the favourite I put pressing, if not I counter.

So finished 6th in spain with Real Betis, but very inconsistant, but I am not sure if it is because I need to understand how to adapt my tactic, or whether it is because I don't have enough attacking threat, in my after game report when I have lost it often says no runs from midfield (or no threat from midfield), I guess that is because the AP sits and leave only the BBM supporting the striker.

But as I play through the middle I thought my WMs would also get into the box, and to be fair they be get the odd goal but you can tell that except for the P we dont have great threat...  any pointers for my tactic, or process for changing instructions?

Cheers

OK I will try that tonight, I kinda get the feeling if you play a more defensive formation like 4-4-1-1, ie not many attackers, that shorter passing is harder to get to work due to less options, i,e you pass it around midfield but dont threaten, so I guess being direct (which from reading other posts really means passing to the most advanced player to the oppositions goal) would work better, i.e more threat due to more space being available?

4411 is my Ahilles heel,if my opponent has good ml and mr they create lot of chances,it would be nice to make that system working

@edhdurham from my experience, direct passing can feed the ball to the attacker quicker but also others players on the pitch play direct i.e. First time shots from distance and stuff, it may work and help you be more of a threat tbh, I'd give it a shot, what's the harm ??

Hi,

Thanks for the advice, as suggested I changed my BWM's but to a CM in the end rather than having 2 x BBM, reading the tactic / role advice on other threads those roles seem very similar and I wanted to mix up the roles...  I have stuck with shorter passing but change it to direct if things are not going my way.

Played 10 games as Newcastle and only lost 1 away to Man U, then started a new game as Roma and un-beaten in all comps after 20 games...  I know they have a better squad than Newcastle, which I think helps if you tactics are not 100%, but a 5-1 home win against Lazio and a 4-0 win away to Juve is pretty awesome, better than previous anyway :).

I also played with 2 x BWMs as Roma for a full season, lost 6 games in the league and finished 2nd, 7 points behind Juve, but nowhere near winning the cups, so I think the change of CM and BBM may be the missing link.

Cheers Ed