Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Risheek

The Top 10 of the CSL

The Top 10 of the Chinese Super League

China is flexing its considerable financial muscle in “the world game”, expanding its reach into football in line with the passions of President Xi Jinping, who has made no secret of his love for the game and his ambitions for China to host the World Cup.

At the same time, the Chinese Super League has acquired and negotiated with some of the biggest soccer stars from around the world in the past few years, swaying them to move to the mainland in return for considerable sums of money.

Foreign players for Chinese clubs have signed contracts expensive enough to catapult them to the salary range of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.

About 12 days ago, Chinese side Jiangsu Suning reached a deal to sign midfielder Alex Texeira for about €50 million, the highest transfer fee in China’s history. Early this year, Shanghai SIPG tried to woo Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney with a €32 million per season contract, which he declined. While most players were met with initial enthusiasm, not all have lived up to the hype and the high price tags.

China has shocked the world with these strange, unusual and to a certain extent, un-intelligent transfers. Let’s see the top 10 players in the CSL, and interestingly enough… None are Chinese!

10.Jo

image.thumb.png.7fc706cb9cc209e9cba52ec9

Remember him? No, Yes? Well, Jo is a former Man City player and to some extent, part of the many flops Man City has produced. He has played in Russia, England, Brazil, etc so he has plenty of experience. His stats display him as a decent player who seems perfect for a Chinese club ( at this stage of Chinese football, at least). He only has 15 in shooting which is certainly surprising  for such an experienced player, but it could be the effect of age. He has 15 aerial which seems quite good! He also has 15 decisions, handy in case he turns out captain of Suning.

9.Paulinho

image.thumb.png.1ab149dcaa4927d5f6eedb03

This 27 year old has played in England and Brazil. He had a spell with Spurs, and somewhat another flop that the CSL has picked up. He know plays his trade for Guangzhou. His attacking stats aren’t the best without a green in sight. His general stats are decent as he has 15 decisions and 16 movement. Last, he has 15 stamina. Probably the only appealing feature he has. The stamina ensures that he can go up and down the field considering his position of DMC. 

8.Demba Ba

image.thumb.png.3765b6938d906f6f9302cb57

We all know him, don’t we? 2 years at Chelsea got him reputed. However, before that, at his spell at Newcastle he was most impressive. Ba’s only imposing stat is that of shooting, which is 17. Shooting is important for every striker, and Ba I, therefore, great. He also has 16 strength is handy as he can then, muscle defenders so that he can later, go on to score.

7.Fredy Montero

image.thumb.png.966191b9b96726ab096be8f2

Fredy Montero has played for Sporting CP, Seattle Sounders, Deportivo Cali under a permanent contract. Another decent player who fits the CSL. He only has 2 greens out of them, the first is; shooting. He has 16 shooting which is highly decent for a 28 year old striker, but of course still more than enough for CSL standard.

6.Fredy Guarin

image.thumb.png.471fa5f31299c3030c8fe9c0

Fredy Guarin is former Inter player who has played for FCP, AS Saint-Etienne, Boca and of course Inter. Guarin has 17 in both dribbling and passing which is amazing for him. He has 16 technique which is very interesting. However, he has 16 aggression, decisions and movement. Great stats from the 28 year old and he looks great. He is a player whose calibre is a wee bit greater than that of the current CSL, but that is why the CSL has signed him. To make itself the biggest in Asia.

5.Gervinho

image.thumb.png.7bacfd46d9882753f47dd561

Gervinho has played only for Lille, Arsenal and Roma. He has great stats with 18 dribbling and 15 passing. He has 16 creativity and 15 decisions which the club’s manager would love to see if he chooses to make him a new captain. His physical stats are very appealing with 17 pace and stamina. At 28, he is still very fast and has energy to last the full 90 mins. Hebei China Fortune have made a great investment!

4.Ramires

image.thumb.png.efb76fb4ee1906d76e1de6e5

Ramires playes for Jiangsu Suning, which have been the most free-spending team in China this season. Ramires has 15 crossing which is interesting for a MC, but it gives Suning the option to play him winger. He has 17 tackling which is not a feature in every-day MCs. He has 17 decisions, movement and teamwork. Great stats he has and Chelsea should be ashamed they let him go. His pace of 16 is appealing but his most impressing stat is that of his stamina. He has 20 stamina! Bloody amazing, if I do say so myself. A great buy for the CSL and he has clibre to become the greatest in the CSL

3.Jackson Martinez

image.thumb.png.2703d793e3eb6b6cdc229ed1

He is the lad that established China in the football world with his then Chinese transfer record. A look at him will tell you that he is an amazing player. Atletico did not think so, just 7 mths after he was signed, he was sold again. He has 16 dribbling, a handy stat and 18 shooting. Great of you ask me. The interesting part, though, is his general stats.  They are filled with green and it will take me some time to go through them. Last are his physical stats  which is 15 stamina and 17 strength. His energy to last and muscle to over-power. An absolutely amazing player who will bring the CSL to a whole new level!

2.Ezequiel Lavezzi

image.thumb.png.f92554efc3ff179f981ea775

The latest edition to the CSL. He joined a few hours back and trust me, it was a nightmare re-writing and editing this on a ipad. However, I have gotten it done. He has a lot to offer Hebe as he has played in both Italy and France. His main stats are that of his 18 dribbling and 16 passing, important for any AMC. his 20 movement is also appealing as it shows his ability to to get to the right place at the right time. His 15 pace is mighty great for a 30 year old.

1.Alex Texeira

image.thumb.png.d2ada7594280f1124b5cd78c

The best of the best. He came to China for a staggering 50M which was paid by the rich Jiangsu Suning. Alex has 19 dribbling, 18 passing and 16 shooting. These stats are very appealing and I try my best to buy him in many of my saves. He has 17 creativity and 19 decisions. The best man to lead Suning. He has 17 movement which is useful. The greatest player in China and has enough potential to be the poster boy of the CSL. He was favourited to move to Liverpool, I even did an article, but somethings are just destined to happen

The CSL is the talking point of every football fan, or will be. They want to take over PL’s status, or at the very least, the MLS. Brazlians are getting to the CSL and China is losing its reputation as a player career’s graveyard and becoming a proper league in the world.

It was great studying the CSL and I feel they can really become a giant in the football world. The teams in there are now filled with stars. This will have a positive impact on the Chinese players which might get China to the WC. This is a very great and important thing happening which will develop both China and Football as a whole.

Hope you enjoyed this as much as I did. 

Thanks for viewing

Risheek

Nice work, I will be fuming if they are not playable in 2017.  Hopefully the players will be cheap for 2016 too. Lavezzi, Teixeira and Ramires could be amazing players for most Premier League clubs.

2 minutes ago, Dec said:

Nice work, I will be fuming if they are not playable in 2017.  Hopefully the players will be cheap for 2016 too. Lavezzi, Teixeira and Ramires could be amazing players for most Premier League clubs.

Thanks. Same here, this transfers their doing makes the CSL really appealing. Lavezzi could've been good at Chelsea, Alex at Liverpool and Ramires continuing at Chelsea. Just shows that players pick CSL over  EPL(maybe due to money) 

Nice read mate, some awesome players in a league that would be very interesting on FMM. Just imagine that much financial muscle in a weaker league, it would be even better than say Sugar Daddy in Scotland! The idea of that does excite me tbh, one of the reasons I'd love Russia/Ukraine/Greece/Turkey to be on the game is because they'd offer more "rich/big clubs in weaker leagues" saves as most people are bored of Holland and Portugal. 

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

Nice read mate, some awesome players in a league that would be very interesting on FMM. Just imagine that much financial muscle in a weaker league, it would be even better than say Sugar Daddy in Scotland! The idea of that does excite me tbh, one of the reasons I'd love Russia/Ukraine/Greece/Turkey to be on the game is because they'd offer more "rich/big clubs in weaker leagues" saves as most people are bored of Holland and Portugal. 

Thanks. That much finance makes me drool. How can they pay so much to footballers from abroad when 4% of their population is unemployed. Don't we all love new leagues? :) 

16 minutes ago, HashtagTatica said:

Nice list Risheek! The Chinese Super League is now on the up in terms of reputation and although I hate China, it would be nice to see an Asian league on the up!

Tks. Me too, unfortunately. Not Coz of physical appearance and what not, but rather financial control. They pull Infia down in terms of economical status. TBH, this is the only league other than Indian I'd like to see from Asia. It has that attraction in it.

Just now, Risheek said:

Tks. Me too, unfortunately. Not Coz of physical appearance and what not, but rather financial control. They pull Infia down in terms of economical status. TBH, this is the only league other than Indian I'd like to see from Asia. It has that attraction in it.

I guess Australian League would also be decent :) 

besides I love if one day the Hong Kong League would be in game...

2 minutes ago, HashtagTatica said:

I guess Australian League would also be decent :) 

besides I love if one day the Hong Kong League would be in game...

A League doesn't really interest me. It's a graveyard for once great European and South Americans.

we have our loyalties :D 

Massive work dude!
Although I'm not too fond of the CSL, the fact that Asia has started recruiting class players is very very good news. I believe it started with the ISL, and CSL has carried it on. The financial power though is a worrying prospect as PL clubs will defo risk out on some top notch players and this will be problematic. Imagine decent clubs like Stoke and West Ham missing out on some bargains because of the fact that CSL clubs can offer them 200k per week lol.

This summer window will be the best yet i think. With the big money TV deal and stuff.
Great work :)

16 minutes ago, DSW said:

Massive work dude!
Although I'm not too fond of the CSL, the fact that Asia has started recruiting class players is very very good news. I believe it started with the ISL, and CSL has carried it on. The financial power though is a worrying prospect as PL clubs will defo risk out on some top notch players and this will be problematic. Imagine decent clubs like Stoke and West Ham missing out on some bargains because of the fact that CSL clubs can offer them 200k per week lol.

This summer window will be the best yet i think. With the big money TV deal and stuff.
Great work :)

Thanks

Its a big thing for Asia and it will help us all, in Soccer.

if Leicester win the league, they can

i estimated Leicester getting 293M if they win. Can't wait for next season

Nice work.I came from China.But I dont want to see so many fantastic player came to here to earn money.I am a Kop.When i heard Texeira join in Sunning,I was  disappointed.It was so stupid of him to come here.Jackson  also is same although i am a Guangzhou Evergrande's fan.

49 minutes ago, Torresuarez said:

Nice work.I came from China.But I dont want to see so many fantastic player came to here to earn money.I am a Kop.When i heard Texeira join in Sunning,I was  disappointed.It was so stupid of him to come here.Jackson  also is same although i am a Guangzhou Evergrande's fan.

To be honest the money they have is quite amazing. Texeira should've came for half the price, and with that other, I think Suning could've gotten another good player. I really don't mean to insult anyone, but China in this transfer window got manipulated for their money. Very, very unfortunate I feel. So much money for next to nothing