Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Inside forward - Strongest foot

Haukr

Hello,

Maybe this have been discussed before but i did not find anything using the search function.

In the explanation for inside forward it says that they are most effective when the players strongest foot is opposite to the flank he is playing on.

Is it possible to find this information ingame? The players strongest foot?

Unfortunately not. The game doesn't suggest a players stronger foot, I mentioned this on the game's release as the few times where it's mentioned are laughable. (Also mentioned as a player trait). 

I understand it would take up a massive amount of space/memory for every player to have a preferred foot but it makes wide players close to impossible to use IMO which is why I stick to narrow formations. 

The key is not attribut in game and it should be game engine.

More datas should be calculated in match and the engine should give difference behavior.

Actually I think there is a way to understand a players preferred foot even if I don't think it's implemented in the game...

So to know the players preferred foot you just have to set him to play the corners on the right and left wing, from there you can take note of how he positioned himself to play it.. hopes it makes sense and you understood what I meant by taking not of how the player positioned himself 

2 hours ago, Dar J said:

Actually I think there is a way to understand a players preferred foot even if I don't think it's implemented in the game...

So to know the players preferred foot you just have to set him to play the corners on the right and left wing, from there you can take note of how he positioned himself to play it.. hopes it makes sense and you understood what I meant by taking not of how the player positioned himself 

Very simple but yet very clever!

4 hours ago, Dar J said:

Clever indeed but the real question should be whether the engines are adjusted to take into account players' preferred foot.

I think if there was some value or consideration of the players' preferred foot, they would've been mentioned and due to the fact they are not mentioned means they are not taken into account by the engines or that there is not value for preferred feet other than taking corners or so. This is only my opinion.

13 hours ago, vbase said:

Clever indeed but the real question should be whether the engines are adjusted to take into account players' preferred foot.

I think if there was some value or consideration of the players' preferred foot, they would've been mentioned and due to the fact they are not mentioned means they are not taken into account by the engines or that there is not value for preferred feet other than taking corners or so. This is only my opinion.

The player's preferred foot is relevant in-engine, but the reason we don't display preferred footedness is memory-related. It's something that has been suggested a lot both on forums and in-house and we might be looking at improving this at some point in the future.

18 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

The player's preferred foot is relevant in-engine, but the reason we don't display preferred footedness is memory-related. It's something that has been suggested a lot both on forums and in-house and we might be looking at improving this at some point in the future.

So does the idea of setting the players to play the corners work to see the preferred foto?

5 minutes ago, Dar J said:

So does the idea of setting the players to play the corners work to see the preferred foto?

I believe that should work, yes (also with free-kicks). But bear in mind that if they are 2-footed then they could use either! Also, if they have a PPM which states that they tend to avoid their weaker foot, you can probably assume that they are very one-footed.

Edited by Jack Joyce