Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help FC United of Manchester help

Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster.

I've adapted tactics I've found here for my first FMm16 game, playing as Manchester United to help me get to grips with the mobile FM experience. Using a crazy 2-1-2-1-2 formation I found we became a dominant force.

Now that I've had my fun at the top I wanted to try managing FC United of Manchester on a push for glory. However, I'm at a loss. I doubt a formation so leaky in defence as the one I used in my MUFC game would work, and I'm struggling to sign, well, anyone. I had sent scouts out to find players in the UK & Ireland, and while they turned up some good prospects, everyone wanted at least £1.5k P/w. Well beyond my £500 maximum

Just to clarify, this is a new game I've started with the Advanced Match System. Here's what I'm hoping for:

1) Advice on consistent tactics for a semi-profession team

2) Advice on working the transfer market

3) Is it possible to send scouts out to find viable loan players?

4) Any additional help or suggestions would be appreciated. I'm struggling to get into first gear. 

Thanks! Love the community guys

1) Due the players ability, the 2-1-2-1-2 formation is not suitable for any of the team in lower leagues and I think Taff's 4-4-2 is good for FC United because you can play with Craig Lindfield, one of the key member at the club and 4-4-2 is a balanced formation.

http://vibe.community/forums/topic/36313-tafftastic-442-attacking-with-working-if/

2) Try signing free agents and transfer listed cheap players or buy players those contracts are expiring or wants new contract if u are willing to pay higher wages(FC is a fan-owned club, watch out for cash...)

3) Of course! You can find loan listed players in Player Search>Customise>Transfer Status, you can send scouts to scout players but the accuracy of the reports is quite unstable

4) DO NOT USE INTENSIVE TRAINING FOR LOWER LEAGUE TEAMS, Keep monitoring the players' condition

Hope u enjoy the career on FC United Of Manchester!

3 hours ago, PoPo Chan said:

4) DO NOT USE INTENSIVE TRAINING FOR LOWER LEAGUE TEAMS, Keep monitoring the players' condition

Hope u enjoy the career on FC United Of Manchester!

4) is wrong. Use the Intensive Training varient which drops motivation down

2 hours ago, Dec said:

4) is wrong. Use the Intensive Training varient which drops motivation down

No, I am right actually, I mean monitoring player condition because they usually have low stamina

Edited by PoPo Chan
Spelling Mistake
1 minute ago, PoPo Chan said:

Nonono, I mean monitoring player condition because they usually have low statima

But you said don't use Intensive Training which is wrong as there is an option for Lower Leagues to get it working efficiently.