Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career The Rise of Ebbsfleet United

Firstly, I'll start by apologizing for the lack of graphics to go with this story. When I started this Career I didn't have any intention of posting it on here but now I've decided I'd like to share my story. I am currently in 2027, so this will be my story up to where I am now. More observant readers will notice a spoiler in some of my graphics, apologies for that :P

MY CLUB: Ebbsfleet United FC                                

OTHER NAMES: #EUFC, #TheFleet

A4B0DFA9-2DE7-4CF1-846F-3D6325E7FD70.JPG

At the start of the 2015/2016 Season fans were optimistic about a successful season in the Vanarama National League South. Expectations were high. With a new manager coming in fans were hoping for an instant impact and a title chasing season however fans were a little shocked to see no new arrivals in the Summer transfer window. Despite this, the season went very successfully with #EUFC ripping up the Vanarama National League South. Charlie Sheringham particularly took the league by a storm, terrorizing defenses and bagging 30 league goals in 45 appearances with 14 assists. Ebbsfleet went on to win the Vanarama National League South League Title, losing just four games all season and scoring an impressive 120 goals. #TheFleet also enjoyed success in the cup as #EUFC went on to win the FA Trophy. 

56e9d76a66ec4_WINLEAGUE.thumb.JPG.e54e6056e9d77e9ce79_SEASON1.JPG.18ae2c963d7ee656e9d78f1cc18_FATROPHY.JPG.f51d55dc3a4e20.thumb.JPG.c25a5bfc84245ec74caed4361661

Edited by YoungLad

After a most successful 2015/2016 campaign, #EUFC went into the 2016/2017 season full of enthusiasm. The team were high on confidence and couldn't wait to get started. Again, Summer signings were kept to a minimum with YoungLad not wanting to bring in too many new faces as he felt he would disrupt the great chemistry the squad already had. YoungLad told fans 'I'm not one to spend for the sake of spending. I want anyone to come in to actually add something to the squad. I'm very happy with the squad I have and I look forward to another successful season in the Vanarama National league' 

As a newly promoted club many expected #TheFleet to struggle in the highly-competitive Vanarama National League. However, #EUFC shocked everyone with another ruthless season, tearing the league apart. #TheFleet boasted another very good league record losing only 4 games once again. The only downside, if you can consider it a downside, is that #TheFleet failed to improve their 120 goal tally, falling two goals short of the mark. Nevertheless, still a fantastic achievement. Back to back promotion for #EUFC, never achieved before in the clubs history. As well as this, #TheFleet managed to hold onto their FA Trophy title, winning it for a second year in a row. 

56e9e58b82119_WINLEAGUE.thumb.JPG.8424bd

56e9e5980cce9_FATROPHY.JPG.88226f23dd1bf

1.thumb.JPG.d5e665e0a322cbc51f8c58b53bcb

Charlie Sheringham was on fire again banging in 57 goals in 55 appearances and also assisting with 8 goals for the team. 

CHARLIE.thumb.JPG.c4d07be51a2f0d7dc97ab7

And so it continues... #EUFC are now a Sky Bet League 2 team. Nobody expected it. Nobody ever believed that they would achieve back-to-back promotion. The goal for this season was clear : Survive. The target for #TheFleet was to remain in League 2 for this season and then build on that. Anything more than that would be a bonus for #TheFleet. Signings were again kept to a minimum by YoungLad despite the board offering a hefty transfer budget (2.6million). YoungLad told the press 'I'm happy with the squad I've got. It's a strong squad, as proved by our previous two campaigns, I'm confident that the squad we've got can do the business for us. We have a nice mix of youth and experience and we've proved we can score goals, and that's what you need to win football matches.' 

What followed was a most-successful season for #EUFC with #TheFleet grabbing 7th Place in the Sky Bet League 2 and claiming the final playoff place. (Unfortunately, this is where I have to apologise because I can't recall any of the details about the games I played in the play-offs, I just know I won the 1st and 2nd leg Convincingly) 

#EUFC won the 1st and 2nd leg of the Play-offs, waltzing into the Play-off Final where they went on to beat Oldham 1-0 to achieve Promotion for the 3rd time in three season. A truly remarkable achievement. Back-to Back-to Back promotions for #EUFC. PROMOTED.thumb.JPG.d4290635dfb1b8799532e

As well as success in the league #TheFleet also went on to lift the Johnstone's Paint Trophy. Ebbsfleet's fifth piece of silverware in three years. Unfortunately, #EUFC no success in the Capital One Cup and the FA Cup however, fans certainly weren't complaining. 

2.thumb.JPG.243ca62ccee07aea95ac33d175cc

Well done mate. Did you deliberately start off with signing no one or was it more that you just couldnt find any worthwhile replacements?

Ebbsfleet already had a strong squad. I did look at players, but I only really sign players if I feel I need them and if i feel that it'll we worthwhile signing them. I'm one for investing in the future, which is what you'll see soon. 

41 minutes ago, phila said:

Well done mate. Did you deliberately start off with signing no one or was it more that you just couldnt find any worthwhile replacements?

Ebbsfleet already had a strong squad. I did look at players, but I only really sign players if I feel I need them and if i feel that it'll we worthwhile signing them. I'm one for investing in the future, which is what you'll see soon. 

At the start of the 2018/2019 season the atmosphere around Ebbsfleet was buzzing. If you'd have told fans of #EUFC, back in 2015 that in 3 years time they'd be watching #TheFleet play League 1 football and have lifted 5 pieces of silverware, they'd have suggested you seek psychological help. Despite the positivity of most fans, some worried that the success of #EUFC has been somewhat rushed and felt that the squad would struggle to cope with the physicality of league 1, a highly-competititve league. In response YoungLad told fans' I understand your concerns and whilst our success has come over a short period of time I'm fully confident that we have what it takes to play in this league. We are looking to strengthen, we have a couple of irons in the fire, and we hope to bring someone in in the next week'

And true to his word a new signing did arrive. 19 year old English midfielder, Darren Clarke. Clarke arrived at the club from Lewes for an 85k fee. On the signing of Clarke, YoungLad said ' We're delighted to have signed Darren. He's a young lad, but has plenty of experience playing for Lewes. Darren's a defensive-minded midfielder and he's just what we needed. He'll offer the physicality we need in the midfield and he'll slot in just behind the midfield two, offering the likes of Theo Lewis a bit more freedom to go forward. I look forward to working with Darren and wish him a successful season here at #EUFC'

The bookies had Ebbsfleet down for relegation and many fans feared the worse. #EUFC fans have been used to winning plenty of games in previous seasons, however, this was League 1. A much tougher league. Ebbsfleet struggled through the season however, they picked up key points against the teams around them and this was enough to see them safe and ensure that #TheFleet would play League 1 football again next season. Ebbsfleet snatched 17th place and whilst #EUFC fans didn't enjoy much success in the league. They did manage to see their side retain the Johnstone's paint Trophy  for a second year in a row. Darren Clarke played a key role in the heart of Ebbsfleet's midfield and he soon became a fan favourite as his performances continued to improve every week. Guaranteeing their place in Sky Bet League One next season felt as good as a promotion for #TheFleet and YoungLad was pleased that his side were able to prove the doubters wrong. 

4.thumb.JPG.037270fbb28e51306a1c162a94b9 

Ebbsfleet were keen to continue their ascendance of the football league in this seasons campaign. Ebbsfleet were dreaming of another promotion. Will it be done? Well the betting companies certainly don't think so placing #TheFleet as one of the favourites for relagation once again. #TheFleet were keen to prove them wrong and after a successful pre-season #EUFC couldn't wait to get started.

Manager YoungLad knew he had to strengthen if his Ebbsfleet side were going to survive another year in league 1 and that he did. In came 26-year old Finnish goalkeeper Jesse Joronen. The 6ft4 shot-stopper signed from Fulham for 350k, a club transfer record fee. Jonothan Miles had been #TheFleets first-choice keeper for the past 4 seasons, however with the signing of Joronen, Miles would have to fight for his first team place. On the signing of Joronen, YoungLad said 'He's an imposing figure, certainly, and we're hoping be a bit of competition for Johnno. He certainly brings a bit of experience, coming from Fulham, and the lads a natural leader. Behind every good defense is a great keeper and we're hoping he can be that for us'

One to watch... Another signing was 18-year old midfielder Lloyd Wells. Wells, a young, English, deep-lying playmaker who YoungLad branded as 'one for the future'. Wells signed from Shrewsbury for 100k and was immediately loaned out to Vanarama-National League side Kidderminster Harriers. Wells began his career at Weymouth, before signing for Shrewsbury in 2018. After making a handful of appearances for #TheShrews, Wells was loaned to York however, he made no appearances for the club.

At the start of the season many #EUFC fans expected a similar affair to last campaign, a scrappy relegation battle. Despite this, #TheFleet started well with 7 wins 2 draws and 1 loss from their first 10 fixtures, placing #TheFleet at the top of Sky Bet League 1. Many fans couldn't believe it with many stating that 'it wouldn't last'. Nevertheless, YoungLad continued, reiterating that their first target for the season was to remain in the division and that anything more than that was a bonus. In cup competitions #TheFleet weren't doing too well. #TheFleet were knocked out of the Johnstones paint Trophy in the second round, crushing their hopes of retaining the silverware for the third season in the row. What followed for #TheFleet was a run in the Capital One Cup. #TheFleet reaching the Semi-finals after knocking out Championship side Bournemouth. The fans and board of #EUFC were delighted that the club had reached this stage of the competition and everyone was excited to see the draw. Ebbsfleet, Manchester UTD, Manchester City and Tottenham. The draw was made and #EUFC would play Tottenham in the semi-finals. Many expected #TheFleet to lose, but #TheFleet were high on confidence and could smell the blood of another giant-killing. The first leg was to be played at Stonebridge Road, the home of Ebbsfleet United. The game finished 1-1 with Stuart Lewis bagging a late equaliser for #TheFleet, after Tottenham took a first half lead. 

56edf1cbbf178_SPURSWIN.thumb.JPG.660d574

#EUFC went on to win the the second leg 1-0. Charlie Sheringham with the goal leading to a triumphant victory for #EUFC with a 2-1 aggregate score. Possession was pretty even in the match, despite playing at White Hart Lane. However, Spurs did have the majority of the chances. Luckily #TheFleet took one of theirs, albeit a penalty. And so... #EUFC were through to the Capital One Cup final where they would play.... Manchester United. Many wrote off #TheFleet immediately, however, the players at #EUFC were confident they could cause another upset. 

The day of the final came. Neither team managed to score in the 90 minutes so extra-time was needed. Manchester United, as expected, dominated possession and also created the most chances. YoungLad expected this and set up specifically to stop the attacking threat of United's key threats, Martial, Wilson and Januzaj. And so... the match went to penalties. After both teams had scored 3 and missed one, up stepped Josh Goddard for United who missed. #TheFleet turned to youngster Paul N'Guessan to take the penalty, knowing that if he scored Ebbsfleet would win the Capital One Cup for the first time in their history. And he did! N'Guessan slotted the ball home to give #TheFleet victory. A truly remarkable achievement.

But Ebbsfleet weren't done yet....

56edf38d6da09_FINALWIN.thumb.JPG.8bddd88

56edf5ce99358_CAPITALONECUP.thumb.JPG.e9

Despite what many people predicted, Ebbsfleet's good run and performances did continue in the league and #TheFleet went on to win the Sky Bet League One title. #EUFC lost just seven times during the season and #TheFleet went on to win the league comfortably. YoungLad went on to win the League One Manager of the Year Award for the 2019/2020 season, YoungLad's 3rd Manager of the Year Award since being hired by Ebbsfleet in 2015. 

One to watch... Lloyd Wells returned from a very successful loan spell at Kidderminster Harriers. Wells put in some fine displays for Kidderminster and proved to be a formidable force in their midfield, scoring 22 Goals in 44 games and also bagging four assists. YoungLad was pleased that Well's loan spell had been so fruitful and admitted he was certainly considering him for a first-team debut.

5.thumb.JPG.bcce2d5dbf7e00562118ffc0f99d

(Apologies for this one being quite long, hope you enjoy) :) 

Wow I'm gripped already ?? this is a football fairytale ebbsfleet winners of the carling cup who would of thought it. I'm sure you will represent England proud in Europe. Every credit young lad bring on the next update 

2020 was a year of change for Ebbsfleet. YoungLad sat down with the owners and chairman Dr Abdulla Al-Humaidi to discuss plans to expand Stonebridge Road and also improve the club's training facilities. All parties agreed that the current stadium capacity wasn't big enough for the club's current status and felt that it needed to be expanded, especially with Ebbsfleet welcoming European football toStonebridge this year. Work on the stadium would begin on the 1st June 2020, however, it would not be finished in time for the start of the new season, which was a real sticking point in the discussions with YoungLad concerned that it could affect attendances and consequently atmosphere if the new stands were not completed in the time.

On the field, #TheFleet were looking forward to playing football in the Sky Bet Championship this year. They also had European football to look forward to. YoungLad knew it would be a difficult season in the championship and did admit that whilst #TheFleet were thrilled to be playing football in the Europa League, he was concerned that the additional fixtures would put strain on the squad. Nevertheless, YoungLad was looking forward to the season and the challenges it would bring.

Key Signing... YoungLad knew that to do well in the championship, you need goals. And whilst the likes of Sheringham and Fenelon had been scoring for fun in the other leagues, YoungLad knew he would have to strengthen and so brought in Norwegian powerhouse Espen Johannessen.  Johannessen signed for £1.8mil, a club record fee, from IK Start in Norway. Johannessen was someone that YoungLad had been watching closely for a while now, regularly sending scouts to watch him play in the Tippeligaen league. Johannessen had previously scored 81 goals in 74 appearances for IK Start and the age of 20, Johannessen was showing great promise for the future. The new striker would go straight in to the starting line-up for #TheFleet. 

Tactics Watch... Previously the fleet had been playing a standard 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 formation however, YoungLad knew that if #EUFC were going to survive in the championship they would need to adopt a more defensive formation and therefore decided to adopt a 4-1-4-1 formation. With the wingers pushing on when #TheFleet are on the attack.

As expected the season was a difficult one for #TheFleet and this perhaps reflected a season of change and new challenged. A new league, newly enhanced stadium, new training facilities and new competitions for #TheFleet to compete in. The stadium expansion was completed in September 2020 and it meant that Stonebridge Road now help a 16,000 capacity. In the league, #TheFleet really had to grind out results to pick up crucial points. #EUFC finished 20th in the Sky Bet Championship which ensured that they would be playing championship football next season. Unfortuantely, #TheFleet didn't have much joy this year in cup competitions, falling out of the Capital One Cup in the third round, #TheFleet did however, manage to reach the Quarter Final of the FA Cup but were knocked out by previous finalists Manchester United. 

In the Europa League, #EUFC really got a reality shock. Nobody really expected them to achieve much as it was such a challenge for a club that had just been promoted to the championship. Ebbsfleet were applauded for getting to the group stages but sadly, they finished fourth and consequently did not qualify.

Player Review... Ebbsfleet's Espen Johannessen did exactly what YoungLad had brought him in to do, score goals, with Johannessen scoring 29 of Ebbsfleet's 61 goals this season. A fine return for a striker new to English football. Johannessen proved to be a great signing for #TheFleet and many people applauded YoungLad and his team for finding such a talent. 

Manager YoungLad told the media 'We've had a lot of changes this year. A fantastic new stadium expension, new training facilities and we've also had European football here, which was amazing for the club. We've had a difficult season, with some highs and some lows but we're absolutely delighted with what we've achieved and we look forward to another season in the championship next year. I'd like to thank the fans, players and all the staff here, and of course the owners,who put their faith in me and backed me, for making my time here so enjoyable, and long may it continue' 

6.thumb.JPG.8c168a33f9e9566be703946fa868

3 hours ago, Condo said:

This is a great career! Really enjoying the detailed storylines. Awesome job mate!

Thankyou, I'm really enjoying writing it. About six more to go. Then I've got to decide whether to continue the career or start another :P  

On 3/20/2016 at 02:53, Mikee1984 said:

Wow I'm gripped already ?? this is a football fairytale ebbsfleet winners of the carling cup who would of thought it. I'm sure you will represent England proud in Europe. Every credit young lad bring on the next update 

Carling Cup! You're living in the past mate :P Capital One Cup now ;) 

3 hours ago, YoungLad said:

Carling Cup! You're living in the past mate :P Capital One Cup now ;) 

Hahaha my bad, when we gunna get to see the mighty ebbsfleet in Europe then mate.

As Vince Lombardi once said ' The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand'. And this can be applied to #EUFC. Everybody at the club has given 100% to get us where we're today and now we look for more success. The target for this season: A Championship Play-Off place. Many fans questioned YoungLad's high expectations, but the board were pleased to see that YoungLad had set the bar high for the 2021/2022 season. As a result, the board decided to back YoungLad and paved the way for several big signings. The new signings brought a real buzz and the talk of another promotion had the player and fans raring to get the new season started. 

Key Signings... The board had allocated a decent transfer budget to spend for YoungLad to bring in some quality players. However, as he'd previously said YoungLad certainly wasn't one to go crazy spending money and often looked to youth rather than experience. He wanted to bring in real quality. For this he looked to France, and found 18-year old Stéphane Carole, a left-sided attacking midfielder from AS Nancy. The French winger signed for a fee of £1.4mil. Many questioned whether at the age of 18, Stéphane was too young and inexperienced to play in the first-team however, YoungLad insisted that he would play a big part in the first team this season. Despite contrasting opinions, fans were excited to see the hot-prospect play after some tantalizing displays on the wings during friendly matches. Another signing made by YoungLad was 22-year old Bruno Rodrigues. A Portugese, centre-half brought in to really strengthen the defense. Rodrigues arrived from SLB for a fee of £2million. One again, breaking the clubs record transfer fee. Rodrigues, who had been knocking on the door for an international call-up for some while, was certainly another one-to-watch for the future and he hoped that a move to England would help him complete his dream of playing on an international level. 

Tactics Watch... This Season YoungLad wanted to play more attacking, direct football and so went for a change of shape, opting for a 4-1-2-2-1 formation. The formation allowed for a defensive midfielder (Darren Clarke) and also allowed the wide players to play higher up the pitch to make #TheFleet a more attacking threat. 

So how did the season go.... Well, #TheFleet started well and found themselves sitting pretty at the top of the Sky Bet Championship. They were winning plenty of games, some quite comfortably, illustrating the improvement made by the team since last season. #TheFleet were scoring plenty and conceding few, the perfect recipe for promotion. In cup competitions sadly, #TheFleet weren't doing too well, as they were knocked out of the FA Cup in the fourth round. #TheFleet did manage another Quarter final appearance, this time in the Capital One Cup. However, #EUFC were knocked out by a strong Liverpool side, pushing for the Premier League Title. Ebbsfleet's fine form continued and showed no sign of dropping with #TheFleet finishing the season on a 10-game unbeaten run. #TheFleet went on to claim 1st place in the Sky Bet Championship, ensuring promotion to the Braclays Premier League. Nobody thought it was possible. Another League Title! A remarkable achievement which saw #EUFC achieve promotion for the fifth time in seven years. YoungLad once again claimed the Manager of the Year Award. 

Player Review... Espen Johannessen was in fine form again this year scoring 45 goals in 40 appearances in all competitions. The Norweigan was highly-praised for his fine performances with TV pundits claiming 'It's vital that Ebbsfleet hold onto him, he'll be so important for them in the Premier League next season'. Another player in the spotlight was new recruit, Stéphane Carole. The winger put in some fine displays for #EUFC scoring 3 goals and collecting 28 assists for #TheFleet. The wingers fine form saw him pick up the Sky Bet Championship Young Player of the Year Award. YoungLad was quoted as saying 'I'm delighted for the lad. He's really worked hard for us this year and he's been a great addition to the squad. His work ethic on the pitch and in training is top class and he's a real asset to the club. I hope he can replicate it next season when we're playing in the big league' 

56f09049d9ba7_WINLEAGUE.thumb.JPG.b6b1cb

7.thumb.JPG.e24e0e22d6c52a554ad520d6ed49

27 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

Hahaha my bad, when we gunna get to see the mighty ebbsfleet in Europe then mate.

About 4 hours ago ;) 

15 minutes ago, YoungLad said:

About 4 hours ago ;) 

Haha my bad again, really good season there mate looks like ebbsfleet are ready an assault on the prem I reckon.

11 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

Haha my bad again, really good season there mate looks like ebbsfleet are ready an assault on the prem I reckon.

You'll have to wait and see tomorrow ?

10 minutes ago, YoungLad said:

You'll have to wait and see tomorrow ?

Go on put it on now mate I'm up all night at work give me some entertainment ????

2022 saw Ebbsfleet begin their first campaign in the Barclays Premier League. #TheFleet had made it to the big league. What a remarkable journey they've been on. Everybody was busting to get started after a strong pre-season for #TheFleet. The target for this year was simple. Our sole goal was to survive and ensure we would be playing in the Premier League next season. Once again, the bookies had #EUFC down as favourites for relegation however, YoungLad said 'Well, I'm not really bothered what the bookies think. We, at Ebbsfleet, couldn't care less. We're solely focused on achieving our goal of survival. We've worked ever so hard to get here, let's not throw it all away. We're playing in the best league in the world and I want the lads to go out there and enjoy themselves, and play with a smile on themselves. We're gonna have defeats and difficult games but we've got to learn to bounce back from them quickly, learn from our mistakes, and be ready to play better in the next league.' When asked about any transfer business for #EUFC YoungLad told the media 'Obviously, we need to strengthen our squad. I'd like to bring in 4 or 5 players. But as I've said before, we've already got a great squad here. Why do I need to go out and spend money on something I've already got here. We're in talks with a couple of clubs at the moment and we hope to have a deal done in the coming week' 

Key Signing... Ebbslfeet's big signing of the window was 26-year old, American international, Emerson Hyndman. Hyndman signed from Genoa for a club-record fee of £6.5mil. Hyndman originally started his career at Fulham but signed for Genoa in 2020. Hyndman offered #TheFleet something different in midfield. The midfielder was typically an advanced playmaker and was brought in to 'pull the stings' in #TheFleet's midfield.  On signing for #TheFleet Hydman said 'I'm very pleased to have signed for Ebbsfleet. I'm glad we managed to get the deal done, it's taken long enough. I'm excited to be back playing football in England, with Ebbsfleet, in the Premier League and I'm hoping we could have a successful season'. When asked why he chose over Ebbsfleet over other Premier League clubs interested in him Hyndman said 'Well, Ebbsfleet is a great club. When I heard Ebbsfleet were interested I liked the sound of a move here. They have great foundations at the club, great fans, a great stadium, good facilities. I spoke to YoungLad and he told me about what the club were trying to achieve. He was really passionate about me coming in and playing a key role for Ebbsfleet and that's what ultimately led me here. Plus, what a great story Ebbsfleet have. Phenomenal achievements the club have.'. 

One to Watch... One signing that flew under the radar a little was the signing of 17-year old striker Anthony Chambers. Chambers signed from Wolves for a fee of 475k and was regarded as 'one for the future'. Chambers had no real professional experience, only playing two games for wolves. However, it's believed that YoungLad saw real talent in the youngster and was eager to snap him up before other teams did. Many expected the stiker to go into #TheFleet's development squad however, Chambers was instead loaned to League 1 outfit MK Dons. YoungLad saw this as an opportunity for Chambers to gain some real experience in professional and get him the vital game time he needs. 

The Season started well for #TheFleet. They started the season with a run of 'easy' games. I say 'easy' but in reality no game in the premier league is 'easy'. But these games were games that #TheFleet really needed to pick up points, and they did. Then came some of the more difficult likes of Manchester United, Manchester City (Who had Lukaku, who was an absolute BEAST), Tottenham, Liverpool etc. Surprisingly, Ebbsfleet did manage to pick up points against some of the bigger teams, even claiming victories in some games. #EUFC battled on all season and continued to get results. TV pundits heaped praise on #TheFleet for their ability to get results from games, efficiently. #TheFleet only lost 9 games all season and showed they were well-organised at the back. #TheFleet did however, only manage 54 goals in the season with Espen Johannessen claiming 27 of those. YoungLad somewhat disappointed fans by surrendering their places in cup competitions a little too easy, with YoungLad opting to rotate the squads during Cup games in order to keep legs fresh for league games, ensure that the full squad was used, and also to give youngsters such as Paul N'Guessan and David O'Brien chance to gain first-team experience. #TheFleet went on to finish 4th in the Barclays Premier League. A fantastic achievement that nobody believed was possible at the start of the year. Many had wrote #EUFC off at the start of the season, but once again #TheFleet proved that they's a real force to be reckoned with. The success this season also ensure that Ebbsfleet would be playing in Europe again as they qualified for to UEFA Champions League.

One to Watch... Anthony Chambers returned from his loan spell at MK Dons after a very successful campaign. The now 18-year old had scored 24 goals in 35 games for MK Dons, a fantastic return for a striker of his age. Many #EUFC fans were hoping to see Chambers in an Ebbsfleet shirt next season however, YoungLad was keen to play down talks of a first-team call-up for Chambers as whilst he has put in some strong displays this season, YoungLad felt that the striker wasn't ready for Premier League football yet, and would most likely be loaned out again next season. YoungLad explained 'The lad has talent, clearly. But I don't want to rush him into football in the big league because, if he comes in and the chances don't go for him, or he struggles with the intensity. That's going to shatter his confidence. You've got to remember the lads only 18. Last season was his first real professional season. He's got a bright future here at Ebbsfleet and #EUFC fans will just have to wait a bit longer to see him play in the first-team' 

8.thumb.JPG.ac89b8736e05003bf4076398ee70

Ebbsfleet looked to build on last year's success in their second season in the Barclays Premier League. Many questioned whether last seasons success was just a fluke but YoungLad insisted that #TheFleet were hoping to achieve a similar position this season. The club also built new, multi-million pound training facilities which was designed to facilitate all youth-teams for Ebbsfleet in order to promote the development of home-grown players.

Key Signing... One key signing for #TheFleet was 19-year old, Spanish winger Jesus Barrera. The youngster is very highly thought of and is expected to break through into the Spanish National Team in the upcoming years. Barrera signed from Corboda for a club-record fee of £10.5mil. The winger was brought in to inject some pace and creativity into #TheFleet's performances. 

One to Watch... Anthony Chambers enjoyed a successful loan spell at MK Dons last season and YoungLad was keen to send the youngster out on loan again. This time to Hartlepool, once again a League 1 side. 

The Season... The 2023/2024 season was another successful campaign for #TheFleet with the club finishing in 6th place in the Barclays Premier League. A slightly lower position than last season. However, #TheFleet weren't dissapointed and #EUFC did go on to win a piece of silverware. The FA Cup. Ebbsfleet went on to beat Manchester City 3-1 in the final. In other cup competitions #TheFleet didn't do too well. #TheFleet were knocked out of the Capital One Cup in the third round. #TheFleet did qualify for the champions league winning the group in the group stage but sadly they were knocked out by Juventus in the first round. New signing Jesus Barrera picked up the 2023/2024 Young Player of the Year award, contributing 8 goals and 12 assists. 

One to Watch... Anthony Chambers returned from his season-long loan at Hartlepool and once again, he's had a magnificent season. Chambers was in fine form for Hartlepool, scoring 35 goals in 46 games and also creating 7 goals for his team-mates. Fans were crying out for YoungLad to give Chambers a run in the first-team. Surely Chambers had done enough to earn a first-team call-up, surely?

9.thumb.JPG.44f1461601bfe603e089d72c6a40

Edited by YoungLad

At the start of the 2024/2025 season #TheFleet manager YoungLad signed a new contract with the club. The contract was a 3-year deal which would see YoungLad continue his run at the club as far as 2027. On signing his new 3-year deal YoungLad said 'I'm delighted to have extended my time here at Ebbsfleet. We've done remarkably well over the past 9 years and I'm very proud to be a part of this magnificent football club. We've come a long way, and long may that continue'. The primary aim for this season was to build on the last's success. #TheFleet had five chances of silverware, with the league title, the Community shield, the Capital One Cup, the Europa League Title and the FA Cup all up for grabs, The summer transfer window was fairly quiet for #TheFleet with one or two new additions added to the squad, but nobody who stood out in particular as a big-name signing. 

At the start of the season #TheFleet had their first shot at winning some silverware as following their success in the FA cup last campaign, #TheFleet would take on Manchester City in the Community Shield. #TheFleet went on to win the game 2-0 and #EUFC lifted the Community Shield Trophy. 

56f7da52ad276_COMMUNITYSHIELD.thumb.JPG.

#TheFleet were also in action in the Europa League and this prompted an early start to the season. #TheFleet comfortably made their way through the qualifying stages and into the group stages, whereby they went on to win the group and qualify for the first round of the Europa League. Sadly, #TheFleet were knocked out by Sevilla. 

Meanwhile, following the success in the Community Shield, fans were hoping that #TheFleet may be able to go onot to win some more silverware this season. However, #TheFleet were knocked out in the fifth round of the FA Cup and the Fourth Round of the Capital One Cup. Manager, YoungLad was heavily criticized for not taking cup competitions seriously and for fielding a weakened team, leaving out the likes of Barrera, Johannessen and Clarke. YoungLad admitted 'Maybe I was wrong to change it around but in my opinion the team I put out is still strong enough and capable of getting results. We've got great squad depth here, and its important when we're playing in as many competitions as we're this season, that I change it up. Otherwise, you get tired legs and sloppy performances'

In the Premier League, #TheFleet also failed to find form. One of the main criticisms of #TheFleet's play was that they weren't scoring enough goals. Many fans were particularly annoyed with Manager YoungLad for once again, sending Anthony Chambers out on loan. Chambers joined Scottish side, Dundee United in the late stages of the Summer Transfer window on loan till the end of the season. Many fans were excited to see Chambers in the first team after several appearances in the club's summer friendly fixtures. Chambers was reportedly due to stay at the club for the coming season, however, Dundee United came in last minute with an offer, as they looked to solve their injury woes, with many of their first-team strikers out with long-term injuries. Despite the lack of goals, #TheFleet went on to achieve a 7th place finish in the Premier League, which many marked as a disappointing campaign. Fans were hoping that YoungLad would work on the attacking tactics over the summer to address the current lack of goals. One early new addition was not a player, but in fact the arrival of a new attacking coach, Josh Macdonald. 

Anthony Chambers returned from another loan spell, this time at Dundee United. Chambers scored 32 goals in 25 games and also created 12 assists. Pundits claimed that YoungLad should really be considering him for first-team selection now as Chambers could be exactly what #TheFleet needed to solve their goal-scoring issues. 

10.thumb.JPG.e8f20f037272c6007e4b43269d7

The 2025/2026   season marked YoungLad's 10th Year at Ebbsfleet United and so he was keen to have a successful season. #TheFleet's pre-season was cut short by Europa League duties as #EUFC took on FC Zorya Luhansk in the Europa League Qualifying rounds. #TheFleet watltzed past both FC Zorya and FC Rubin to qualify for the Europa League Group stages. 

Key Signing... The big signing of the summer transfer window for #EUFC was the signing of 20-year old Marc Müller, who signed from Ingolstadt on a 3-year deal. Müller signed for a club-record fee of £13million and the German was set to play a big role in the upcoming season for #TheFleet. Müller had primarily played in a defensive midfield role during his time at Inglostadt however, YoungLad is believed to have brought him into play a box-t-box midfielder role. YoungLad told the media 'He's a great signing for us. He's still young and he has great potential. He's a talented lad and has great attacking and defensive qualities'

Fans were also pleased to see that YoungLad had listened to their opinions and not sent Anthony Chambers out on loan again for the coming season. Instead, Chambers would play a key role, becoming the team's first choice striker after his first few games as a substitute were successful. 

About 3 weeks into the season something happened which nobody was quite expecting. Manager YoungLad was offered the managerial role at Sweden. Sweden were currently ranked at 37th in the World Rankings. YoungLad swiftly accepted the offer and it was a fantastic  opportunity that he couldn't turn down. YoungLad would continue his role at Ebbsfleet as manager but would be in charge of Sweden during the international periods. He was keen to reassure fans that his new job would not get in the way of his role at #TheFleet. 

What followed was another roller coaster of a season for #TheFleet with the team once again struggling to find form in front of goal. YoungLad was however praised for allowing Anthony Chambers to play who went on to bag 57 goals in 48 appearances in all competitions. A fantastic achievement for a young lad on his debut season. #TheFleet finished 7th in the league again however, #TheFleet did enjoy success in the Europa League which they went on to win, with a 1-0 victory over Manchester City in the final, a team that we've triumphed over on more than one occasion before. Fans were happy enough, having won the Europa League but the board were keen to see #TheFleet perform better in the league and set the target for next season of achieving a Champions League place at least.

11.thumb.JPG.111b6da56dcc5be0a9017ed0f63

Edited by YoungLad

Last season can only be described as a disappointing season for #TheFleet. A 7th placed finish left many fans feeling disgruntled and disheartened however, they were still happy to of won the Europa League. Speaking about last season YoungLad said 'We know that last season wasn't good enough. We were disappointing in the league and in the cup competitions but we're keen to change that this season.' YoungLad is believed to have held discussions with the board, who have stated that they want at least Champions league qualification this season.

Key signings... YoungLad knew that he had a strong squad, but he just felt he needed a couple of new additions who would really add the finishing touches to his squad. In came 28-year old centre-back Adam Harkin from Leeds. The defender signed for a fee of £6million and YoungLad hoped he'd bring a bit of experience into the back four, having played Premier League football with Leeds for the past 6 seasons. Another signing was 23-year old wing back, Marek Vesely. The speedy, czech right-back signed from Slovan Liberic for £4.4mil. Both were brought in to give #TheFleet a bit more stability at the back to try and sure up the defence and stop them leaking goals. 

#TheFleet fans did go through a worrying phase during the summer transfer window after rumours circled that the big clubs may be trying to poach star player Jesus Barrera. Behind the scenes, Real Madrid had submitted a £42million transfer bid for the young, spanish star. However, despite the very tempting offer YoungLad knew that it was key that #TheFleet kept hold of the player and that they did, despite offers also coming in from Liverpool and Sevilla.

Ebbsfleets starting XI: 

GK Lukas Prochazka (25)    

DL Pietar Kramer (28)             

DC Adam Harkin (26)

DC Bruno Rodrigues (29)

DR Marek Vesely (23)

MC Marc Müller (22)

MC Darren Clarke (28)

MC Lloyd Wells (27)

AML Stephane Carole (24)

AMR Jesus Barrera (23)

ST Anthony Chambers (23)

Following their success in the Europa League last season, #TheFleet would take on last seasons champions league winner Barcelona in the European Super Cup. #TheFleet knew they were in for a very tough game and after 10mins #TheFleet were 1-0 down. #TheFleet went in at half time 1-0 and after a quick tactic change at half time, switching to 4-4-2, they came out after half time on the front foot. 8minutes into the second-half #TheFleet equalised through an Anthony Chambers header. 4 minutes later, #TheFleet were ahead after Anthony Chambers grabbed his second. #TheFleet were ahead and now all they had to do was hold on. Barcelona threw everything at #TheFleet but they managed to hold on, lifting the European Super Cup. A fantastic way for #TheFleet to start the season. 

In the League #TheFleet made an excellent start as well. Winning 9 out of their first 10 league fixtures. One change from the previous campaign was that #TheFleet wete scoring more goals and conceding less. The perfect formula for success. #TheFleet went on to win the Premier League for the first time in the club's history. Anthony Chambers was in fine form again, scoring 43 goals in 46 games in all competitions. Manager YoungLad went on to win the Manager of the Year award. 

One stand out fixture was #TheFleet's 6-1 victory over Manchester United with Anthony Chambers grabbing four goals...

57011ddcd31e1_MANUSLAUGHTER.thumb.JPG.96

57011acb57019_WINLEAGUE.thumb.JPG.5cd12c

In cup competitions #TheFleet also enjoyed success winning both the Capital One Cup and the FA CUP. A truly remarkable achievement for a club of Ebbsfleet's status. In the Champions league Ebbsfleet once again didn't made it past the first round after what was a strong group stage qualification. However, nobody really cared as #TheFleet had managed to lift four pieces of silverware which marked the most successful season in Ebbsfleet's history.  

57011bae762e2_CAPITALONECUP.thumb.JPG.ff

12.thumb.JPG.c6ce5d562317c30680331efd26a

Edited by YoungLad

YoungLad's Managerial Timeline:

2015 Hired as manager of Ebbsfleet United

2016 Promoted from the Vanarama National League South 

2017 Promoted from the Vanarama National League

2017 Won the Vanarama National League Manager of the Year Award

2018 Promoted from League 2

2018 Won the League 2 Manager of the Year Award

2020 Promoted from League 1