Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Tweaked very attacking 4321 after update

So after the update I decided to tweak my very successful attacking 4321 as now my if can cut inside regardless of position of my poacher and midfield roles. So I moved my poacher into the middle and changed my cm to ap and it's worked a treat. Also changed to short passing and balanced, did a test season with my beloved Arsenal and did amazing in first season literally cleaned up apart from fa cup. If there is any interest leave a comment please if u wanna see my test season. 

image.png

image.png

3 hours ago, Taff said:

I'm just glad that they fixed the IF issue

Me to mate that was a big issue for me having to work tactics around this issue, I still only use one if forward tho I like to keep a winger for width.  

Ok so here was the first season test, I know it's Arsenal and you should probably win regardless. So I didn't make any signings either and its eme, I have noticed that now my poacher is central he's just as lethal as my if whereas before my if stole the show. 

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

30 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

Me to mate that was a big issue for me having to work tactics around this issue, I still only use one if forward tho I like to keep a winger for width.  

Oh me too I only use one IF with a W on the other side, but working around the issue helped me create a good attacking 442 with an IF so not the end of the world (still glad it's fixed though)

25 minutes ago, Nolaaan said:

How do you use the same tactic for a full season?I get to November and teams have figured out my tactics

I very rarely change anything about my tactics if ever, but I do rotate a lot particularly if I get a couple of bad results.

15 minutes ago, Taff said:

Oh me too I only use one IF with a W on the other side, but working around the issue helped me create a good attacking 442 with an IF so not the end of the world (still glad it's fixed though)

Yh I find with 2 if I have everyone rushing into the middle and no width. But Yh working around the issue helped me create a decent tactic before the update, but now anything goes thanks to the update.

Solid tactic again. Took Norwich city to a 4th place first season with no transfers made. Getting alot of 1-0 wins but a win is a win. less succes in the cups sadly getting knocked out early in the capital one cup by QPR and quarter final f.a cup vs West Ham. Thanks for the tactic

3 hours ago, xzz said:

Solid tactic again. Took Norwich city to a 4th place first season with no transfers made. Getting alot of 1-0 wins but a win is a win. less succes in the cups sadly getting knocked out early in the capital one cup by QPR and quarter final f.a cup vs West Ham. Thanks for the tactic

Really nice going xzz getting Norwich into 4th is no easy task, glad the tactic worked for you. I need to test with a smaller team see how  it goes oh Have u any screenshots of your Norwich season mate?

Tried the tactic with Leicester here are my 1st season results was a good season overall I'll post 2nd season tomorrow Vardy was the star with this tactic

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

8 hours ago, Nolaaan said:

Tried the tactic with Leicester here are my 1st season results was a good season overall I'll post 2nd season tomorrow Vardy was the star with this tactic

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Impressive stuff Nolaaan shame the draws cost you the title, will look forward to seeing if your second season brought you the prem.

Did a second test season with Arsenal with amazing results won every trophy available including a record points haul

in the prem for me personally,managed to bag the England job in only my second season and currently on a 59 game unbeaten run going Into the new season ?wondering how long it can go.Also discovered this gem who had devoloped insanely after one season out on loan. 

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Mikee1984
Spell mistake

Ran a test season with Watford see how this tactic works with lesser teams and It worked out pretty well. No signings made either as they had a terrible budget, just a few loan signings in January kimmich and Kennedy. Also first time I've ever used ighalo and he really was a beast I'll defo be using him in again in future saves. 

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Mikee1984
6 minutes ago, Lav50 said:

Mike,thats actually brilliant bro,I must try this one day

Nice one bro Im currently top in my 2nd season with Watford absolutely smashed it so far and if you ever give it a go let me know how you get on mate.

2nd season test finished with Watford and we was so near yet so far to winning the prem to many avoidable draws cost us in the end. Had a a decent run in champs league that saw us get out of a really tough group before eventually falling in the quarters, but we did manage a trophy in winning the fa cup which I was really happy about. All in all a great season and once again ighalo the beast smashed it again matching his 33 from last year. Will be testing this tactic abroad next any ideas for a decent mid table team to test with would be welcome. Thanks for reading.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

@Mikee1984 Hey man! =) I am trying out your tactic with Manchester United. First off, I loaded up Large Database with England(first), Spain, Italy, and Germany. 

Transfers in: Alexandre Lacazette (19 Million Pounds)
Transfers out: Ashley Young (5 Million Pounds)

How the team is set up:
GK: De Gea / Johnstone
RB: Darmian / Varela
LB: Shaw / Borthwick-Jackson
CDR: Smalling / McNair
CDL: Jones / Rojo
RW: Januzaj / Depay
LW: Depay / Mata
CM(R): Schneiderlin / Blind
CM: Fellaini / Schweinsteiger
CM(L): Rooney / Herrera
ST: Lacazette / Martial

Please advise as I'm having some difficulty in deciding who should play and in which roles? They are:
1) Juan Mata (IF on the left? Adv Playmaker in the CM slot?)
*on a side note, he has been blowing hot and cold in the IF role on the left
2) Wayne Rooney (currently Adv Playmaker in the CM slot)
*does little to nothing here although his rating is 7. Not considering him in the Poacher role as the two French men are on fire.
3) Daley Blind (a proven utility man in-game but doesn't play as Schneiderlin is on form for the BBM role)

Notable mentions / recommendations:
-The Central Defence department has to be sorted out next season as Smalling is quite error prone =/  he has cost me 2 wins
already at the very last minute because of poor clearances. Any recommendations?
-Having said that, will need a solid BWM between the age of 21-26 (Lars Bender went to Arsenal, unsure of his brother Sven though) any recommendations?

16 hours ago, Irwan Hadi said:

@Mikee1984 Hey man! =) I am trying out your tactic with Manchester United. First off, I loaded up Large Database with England(first), Spain, Italy, and Germany. 

Transfers in: Alexandre Lacazette (19 Million Pounds)
Transfers out: Ashley Young (5 Million Pounds)

How the team is set up:
GK: De Gea / Johnstone
RB: Darmian / Varela
LB: Shaw / Borthwick-Jackson
CDR: Smalling / McNair
CDL: Jones / Rojo
RW: Januzaj / Depay
LW: Depay / Mata
CM(R): Schneiderlin / Blind
CM: Fellaini / Schweinsteiger
CM(L): Rooney / Herrera
ST: Lacazette / Martial

Please advise as I'm having some difficulty in deciding who should play and in which roles? They are:
1) Juan Mata (IF on the left? Adv Playmaker in the CM slot?)
*on a side note, he has been blowing hot and cold in the IF role on the left
2) Wayne Rooney (currently Adv Playmaker in the CM slot)
*does little to nothing here although his rating is 7. Not considering him in the Poacher role as the two French men are on fire.
3) Daley Blind (a proven utility man in-game but doesn't play as Schneiderlin is on form for the BBM role)

Notable mentions / recommendations:
-The Central Defence department has to be sorted out next season as Smalling is quite error prone =/  he has cost me 2 wins
already at the very last minute because of poor clearances. Any recommendations?
-Having said that, will need a solid BWM between the age of 21-26 (Lars Bender went to Arsenal, unsure of his brother Sven though) any recommendations?

Hey irwan hadi how's it going mate I've read through your issues and here's my 11 in my Man U test save, I utilised Daley blind as my bpd he was great there. So I used Herrera as my b2b with shneiderlin as my bwm. Had some Issues with Rooney but overall he did well so I used mata out on the right . With regards to signings I'd have to say some of my fave ball winning midfielders are coquelin and tiote also Mario Suarez is very good in my Watford save. And cheap bpd would have to be Rudiger he's a beast trust me mate.

image.png

@Mikee1984 the only irritating thing is that my team concedes late goals which turned a solid win into a draw. I have to say that your tactic seems to me like a smash and grab at times (Through ball to Lacazette and he'll score) Other times, the players will religiously perform their roles thus producing an effective overall performance =) 

I like this tactic a lot, maybe I'm playing the wrong players in the wrong positions is all which is why I sought your help hahaha 

As for the Winger role, how has Mata performed for you? Is pace really necessary for a Winger role? I have tried Januzaj, Valencia and Depay in that role on the right and only Depay have performed and contributed admirably both on the left (IF) and right (W) 

1 hour ago, Irwan Hadi said:

@Mikee1984 the only irritating thing is that my team concedes late goals which turned a solid win into a draw. I have to say that your tactic seems to me like a smash and grab at times (Through ball to Lacazette and he'll score) Other times, the players will religiously perform their roles thus producing an effective overall performance =) 

I like this tactic a lot, maybe I'm playing the wrong players in the wrong positions is all which is why I sought your help hahaha 

As for the Winger role, how has Mata performed for you? Is pace really necessary for a Winger role? I have tried Januzaj, Valencia and Depay in that role on the right and only Depay have performed and contributed admirably both on the left (IF) and right (W) 

Hey again @Irwan Hadi with regards to the late conceding of goals that is something that can't be helped I'm affraid as with all tactics they are prone to late goals etc but you could switch bwm for dlp or your bpd for cb and even the ap for cm maybe to shore up your defence a bit. But I'm glad you like the tactic mate and if you like  1 striker formations then id say it's the best I've used so far. And mata on the wing was more of a case of fitting him in as apposed to him being an amazing winger, I also used januzaj a lot there. Any chance of any screenshots of your season and how it's progressing.

Edited by Mikee1984
Missing word

Hi, just wondered what effect would it have by changing the poacher to an advanced forward or complete. I've got aguero and higuain in my city team and just feel they're wasted in that poacher role?

7 hours ago, Mikee1984 said:

Hey again @Irwan Hadi with regards to the late conceding of goals that is something that can't be helped I'm affraid as with all tactics they are prone to late goals etc but you could switch bwm for dlp or your bpd for cb and even the ap for cm maybe to shore up your defence a bit. But I'm glad you like the tactic mate and if you like  1 striker formations then id say it's the best I've used so far. And mata on the wing was more of a case of fitting him in as apposed to him being an amazing winger, I also used januzaj a lot there. Any chance of any screenshots of your season and how it's progressing.

Yo @Mikee1984 thanks for helping out! Here are a couple of screenshots with regards to the progress. Take note, I've played til only Oct/Nov maybe that could be a contributing factor in terms of squad/tactic familiarity? 

As I've mentioned, only bought Alexandre Lacazette and sold Ashley Young

56fb8737a4489_TransferHistory.jpg.3add9b

Tactics set up according to your player roles. Questionable selection, yeah hahaha I just felt this would work.

56fb86e850da6_PlayerRoles.jpg.4628093bcf

Mate, I've no complaints but I just gotta highlight that the Poacher seems to be almost the only one doing the hard work LOL

56fb8b8749730_TeamStats.jpg.21568f2a144d

Fixtures list

56fb8be657ff3_Fixtures1.jpg.a16348dcbb7d

56fb8c492c386_Fixtures2.jpg.681670b9872c

Some results I wanna highlight, which were hair-pulling worthy hahaha =P

56fb8c8266e12_LostToBarca.jpg.3b00109b30

56fb8c96b8614_FrustratingDraw1.jpg.c1040

56fb8ca7252f4_FrustratingDraw2.jpg.c2cda

56fb8cbb4fe3a_FrustratingDraw3.jpg.25b95

Transfer History.jpg

Edited by Irwan Hadi
6 hours ago, Irwan Hadi said:

Yo @Mikee1984 thanks for helping out! Here are a couple of screenshots with regards to the progress. Take note, I've played til only Oct/Nov maybe that could be a contributing factor in terms of squad/tactic familiarity? 

As I've mentioned, only bought Alexandre Lacazette and sold Ashley Young

56fb8737a4489_TransferHistory.jpg.3add9b

Tactics set up according to your player roles. Questionable selection, yeah hahaha I just felt this would work.

56fb86e850da6_PlayerRoles.jpg.4628093bcf

Mate, I've no complaints but I just gotta highlight that the Poacher seems to be almost the only one doing the hard work LOL

56fb8b8749730_TeamStats.jpg.21568f2a144d

Fixtures list

56fb8be657ff3_Fixtures1.jpg.a16348dcbb7d

56fb8c492c386_Fixtures2.jpg.681670b9872c

Some results I wanna highlight, which were hair-pulling worthy hahaha =P

56fb8c8266e12_LostToBarca.jpg.3b00109b30

56fb8c96b8614_FrustratingDraw1.jpg.c1040

56fb8ca7252f4_FrustratingDraw2.jpg.c2cda

56fb8cbb4fe3a_FrustratingDraw3.jpg.25b95

Transfer History.jpg

So far so good mate I'd say, obviously them late draws are very annoying. I'm surprised depay hasn't got you more goals as your if he top scored for me if I remember rightly.

7 hours ago, mikeyboy11 said:

Hi, just wondered what effect would it have by changing the poacher to an advanced forward or complete. I've got aguero and higuain in my city team and just feel they're wasted in that poacher role?

I havnt tried the advanced forward role in this formation because I only ever use a poacher in 1 striker formations. Maybe it's something I'll give a go in my next test save. 

@Mikee1984 I wouldn't say I am disappointed with Depay's performance over on the left side on IF role. I think looking at the number of shots taken vs shots on target, he misses more than he scores =/ whereas for Lacazette, he's more of a hitman with an outstanding goal to game ratio. Depay's stats in the game are Cristiano Ronaldo-esque, I'm puzzled as to why he isn't as prolific on your save, mate.

All in all, I find that this tactic definitely snuffles most teams out just that it's prone to late goals. Can't pinpoint where the source is as Manchester United's midfield and central defence aren't world class to begin with. I'm positive with more game time and better suited players in the correct roles, you will reap the rewards just as OP has shared =) *but that last point there kind of made it seem like Watford's squad is better than Manchester United? LOL maybe I just have to learn to read the game and implement changes as necessary