Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Weird Player-Manager Issue

winn

In one of my save at the beginning of 17/18 season, Sneijder, who was a free agent at that time got appointed as a manager of Leverkusen. That season he was doing well, finished at a 2nd position behind Bayern Munich. At the beginning of 18/19 with a couple of match played his team was around 3rd-4th position which is good. The problem is he decided to retire as a player at the end and it results in him kind of leave Leverkusen by a free transfer as shown in the second picture. I think SI should fix this issue to just let the player retire but still stay in a manager position to be more realistic.

Screenshot_20160330-210326.png

Screenshot_20160330-210317.png

I had an instance where I had Buffon as a staff member his contract ran out as a player so I left it but he left as staff aswell which I thought is silly having no option to offer a staff only role he then retired straight away anyway

But I got his regen through the Academy so wasnt to unhappy haha

I don't have the save anymore

That happen to me also, i had Pirlo as a staff member in AC Milan and when he retire he was no longer an staff member really annoying

7 hours ago, Alari said:

If you have a save from before he retires we'd be happy to look into this specific instance.

Sorry. Just checked the game save and found out that it was 2019 so he have retired

Edited by winn

Nolan signed for Ipswich on a save, and become player manager too. But it still said McCarthy was gaffer in the general info section. But Nolan was getting managerial awards too? There were times when it said in Leyton Orient's general section that he was their manager too.

And yes I still have the save.

There's some screenies on the FMM funnies thread if anyone's interested.

Edited by Fish18ish

I don't suppose you have the save from before he signed? Having said that we've changed some things in this area already.