Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Preferred 2 man striker role partnership?

Ive got a 442 for Man city, Aguero and Higiuan are my main strikers I want to use. I keep seeing people use an Adv - Poacher and have tried this for these strikers but can't seem to get the best out of either of them. 

Just wondered what striker partnership roles people use in their tactics?

I prefer to use PCR-TM when playing with two strikers however, with the partnership you have, a CF-ADV looks most likely to succeed. But, if they persist to fail to score, perhaps their issue is elsewhere in your tactic and that's what needs to be remedied.

Sorry forgot to add ive got an INF and WNG on the wings. DLP and APM in midfield. Not sure if this will have an influence on what roles i need upfront?

The DLP/APM is very passing and not very balanced. You should play one as a BWM/BBM.

As for the strikers always play a PCR/CMF or TM. Aguero as a PCR should work.

50 minutes ago, Dec said:

The DLP/APM is very passing and not very balanced. You should play one as a BWM/BBM.

As for the strikers always play a PCR/CMF or TM. Aguero as a PCR should work.

Thanks for this much appreciated.

By "very passing", you mean similar roles - so maybe a BBM and APM would work together?

15 minutes ago, mikeyboy11 said:

Thanks for this much appreciated.

By "very passing", you mean similar roles - so maybe a BBM and APM would work together?

Yes but then you have no defensive cover. You need a BWM to replace the DLP OR a BBM with a APM.

7 minutes ago, Dec said:

Yes but then you have no defensive cover. You need a BWM to replace the DLP OR a BBM with a APM.

Ah ok. Thanks. I'd never thought of using a BBM and a APM together cause I always imagine the bbm would be too like a bull and wouldn't bother to track back. Reason I'm using an APM is cause of silva/de Byrune?

1 minute ago, mikeyboy11 said:

Ah ok. Thanks. I'd never thought of using a BBM and a APM together cause I always imagine the bbm would be too like a bull and wouldn't bother to track back. Reason I'm using an APM is cause of silva/de Byrune?

I would say play a BWM with them then. That is perhaps the best option due to playing 2 strikers and an INF. You don't need anymore in the box.

I rarely play two strikers in my formations but when I do I normally play one as a Poacher and the other as a Target man. Currently with United most of my goals are coming from Depay whos a IF on the left wing, hes loving life atm :)

I have only tried TM-PCR (TM - Rooney, PCR - Martial; vice versa) and ADF-PCR. Neither has produced great results, Rooney in particular has been poor in front of goal. It doesn't help that his "preferred role" is stated as Advanced Playmaker, not sure either if there's a link between that and the role he has to play in the tactic I set up :S

How about if I want to pair Rooney and Martial up front, what would the most suitable combinations?

Rooney as a DLF and Martial as a POA/ADF I'd say depends on what you've got behind them as if you have an AMC then Rooney would contradict with him 

3 hours ago, UKFootballScore said:

Rooney as a DLF and Martial as a POA/ADF I'd say depends on what you've got behind them as if you have an AMC then Rooney would contradict with him 

Rooneys been useless for me. Currently rotting in reserves cant sell or loan him out and his contract is 13.5m to release. Last yr of his deal cant wait to release lol

The last time Rooney was any good on FM/CM was when he was a teenager at Everton... My guess is it's a long standing grudge held by the creators of the series. ;)

39 minutes ago, Joewins said:

The last time Rooney was any good on FM/CM was when he was a teenager at Everton... My guess is it's a long standing grudge held by the creators of the series. ;)

Rooney was excellent up to 2014, he was probably the most all rounded striker available.

@mikeyboy11 I assume you are referring to your Man City save, I'd say ADV (Aguero) & PCR (Higuain). Personally, I feel there's no point in having 2 world class strikers when you can't play them together =)

On Monday, April 04, 2016 at 17:11, mikeyboy11 said:

Ive got a 442 for Man city, Aguero and Higiuan are my main strikers I want to use. I keep seeing people use an Adv - Poacher and have tried this for these strikers but can't seem to get the best out of either of them. 

Just wondered what striker partnership roles people use in their tactics?

Use this tactics http://vibe.community/forums/topic/37709-lots-of-goalslots-of-possession-4-1-2-1-2-attack/#comment-279718

22 hours ago, Nick11 said:

Use this tactics http://vibe.community/forums/topic/37709-lots-of-goalslots-of-possession-4-1-2-1-2-attack/#comment-279718

Isn't that a tactic for another version of the game?

6 hours ago, vbase said:

Yes but

6 hours ago, vbase said:

Yes but You can modify that tactics 

Try keeping goalie distribution- mixed and passing focus -mixed  

And keep Rest similar to that (http://vibe.community/forums/topic/37587-fmm2016-72-wonderkids-list/) tactics .

Do tell me how It is performing. . 

Sorry for. Poor English (not primary language)

Edited by Nick11