Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Update problem

I updated yesterday but I've noticed that the names are back to default. As in the name change text file isn't recognised. I downloaded the file before and it was working before the minor bug update. 

Just now, Gary Hatton said:

Not here, edited tottenham to spurs and their logo went to default

So now the editor defunkt

Did you download the update released yesterday?

3 minutes ago, Gary Hatton said:

Yep indeed mate, they try and fix things and make it worse

Disgusting they charge for the in game editor then mess up its uses

I haven't got the update so cannot check yet but @Alari will confirm for you if there's still an issue.

The iOS update seems to be taking a while to go through. It's been released from our side so seems to be an apple issue. The update is available now on android though.

18 minutes ago, Alari said:

It's required that we reset changed club names to a default badge.

It changes championship teams to default icon as well

Got the changes to work, but had to start a new game, which is a pain

Forget the changes working, only works on new created game, but  when you load the save game it stops working

Should have left it alone, refuse to play a game with false names.

So wont be buying the next version, flase names and in game editor pointless.

Edited by Gary Hatton

You can use the in-game editor to change team-names, but their badge will change to a default one. This was a required change, as are the Brazil name/badge changes above.

My Vibe Saves (Legends & All Stars) are all messed up after update so now i can not continue. this is really annoying i dont think i will be getting FMM17 too many problems not worth it to be honest.

In what way exactly are they messed up, please? Note that most of the changes that have been made re editing etc have been forced on us for legal reasons.

10 minutes ago, Alari said:

In what way exactly are they messed up, please? Note that most of the changes that have been made re editing etc have been forced on us for legal reasons.

Are they like this on FM PC as I cannot recall them being using their in-game editor or text changes? How come Changes.txt have now been cancelled?

You can of course edit team names still using the IGE.

There are some items that it's been requested we implement that needed to be implemented in a different way from PC for technical reasons. Changes.txt is not officially supported and one of the licensing changes requires that this method of changing club names can't be used. I'm not sure of the situation relating to text files on PC but I can be pretty sure they are not something we would officially support in any way.

If you are creating a custom club using the IGE that is not based on a real-life one you can add your own badge to it by adding 100m to the id of the club you are replacing.

Surely all money paid for the editor should be  refunded because its not now fit for purpose.

Charging for the IGE is a joke when you cannot now do what you paid for.

Used to love the game, but will not be buyng any new versions.

Seems strange the changes file is apparently wrong to use,, after all this time, how long have poeple been using it.

If the changes file is not allowed, then surely logos have to be stopped.

You say about changing names is still possible, as long as you add  number to the teams id, got to be joking

What if you wanted to change a few, too much work.

All these resrtictions should have been announced before going on sale.

Lost all respect for the company now, we have been cheated out of money.

Next time k will gt the pirate version as it will be cheaper for same thing.

Edited by Gary Hatton
Missed something

Changing names in the IGE is still possible without having to do anything unusual of course, the only restriction is that when editing the name you can't retain the existing licensed badge.

I understand you're annoyed with this but you do have to bear in mind that we can't predict in advance new legal restrictions that could be placed on us.

No point in the editor,  why change the name and the logo changes, spoils the game

As for the changes file, been used for years, now takes out some of the realism of the game

Who wnats to play a game with made up names, utter joke.

No point wasting money in future.