Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Update problem

5 hours ago, Alari said:

You can of course edit team names still using the IGE.

There are some items that it's been requested we implement that needed to be implemented in a different way from PC for technical reasons. Changes.txt is not officially supported and one of the licensing changes requires that this method of changing club names can't be used. I'm not sure of the situation relating to text files on PC but I can be pretty sure they are not something we would officially support in any way.

If you are creating a custom club using the IGE that is not based on a real-life one you can add your own badge to it by adding 100m to the id of the club you are replacing.

My current save lost all custom changes.txt names, but a new save picked them up fine.

You aren't going to remove this are you? Customisation is one of the reasons I moved to Android.

How do people have player name problems? My only problem is the logo change when changing a club's name but I guess I can do that in the pre-game editor, even though it's an annoying task.

1 hour ago, Giorgi said:

How do people have player name problems? My only problem is the logo change when changing a club's name but I guess I can do that in the pre-game editor, even though it's an annoying task.

Update on this. This is actually not true for me. When I start a new save with the edited database (club names changed) the names are indeed changed. When I reload the save another time, the names are back to what they were...

Edited by Giorgi
56 minutes ago, Giorgi said:

Update on this. This is actually not true for me. When I start a new save with the edited database (club names changed) the names are indeed changed. When I reload the save another time, the names are back to what they were...

Just tested myself, the save shows Bayer 04 Leverkusen, then when it's loaded all team names reset. That's very poor...

Surely it's not a legal issue when customisation has always been unofficial? 

24 minutes ago, Vaile23 said:

Just tested myself, the save shows Bayer 04 Leverkusen, then when it's loaded all team names reset. That's very poor...

Surely it's not a legal issue when customisation has always been unofficial? 

Have you tried it with a new save?

7 minutes ago, Dec said:

Have you tried it with a new save?

Made sure changes.txt is as it should be:

Screenshot_2016-04-16-15-40-19.thumb.png

Started new game as Bayer Leverkusen

Screenshot_2016-04-16-15-41-01.thumb.png

Screenshot_2016-04-16-15-41-10.thumb.png

All looks OK

Screenshot_2016-04-16-15-41-34.thumb.png

Saved game, closed app and reopened. Loaded save:

Screenshot_2016-04-16-15-42-45.thumb.png

Changes gone.

Screenshot_2016-04-16-15-43-00.thumb.png

Real shame, thought a new save would have cured it. Guess they've changed some code to wipe all changes on load.

Game is so messed up now, not worth the money paid

How can you change something you have the right to change

But we dont get refunded for the cost of the IGE

Uninstalled, good riddance.

Also if the change file is not allowed the surely the pre editors are not allowed

Edited by Gary Hatton
19 minutes ago, Gary Hatton said:

Game is so messed up now, not worth the money paid

How can you change something you have the right to change

But we dont get refunded for the cost of the IGE

Uninstalled, good riddance.

Also if the change file is not allowed the surely the pre editors are not allowed

The Pre Game Editor is editing the database and technically hacking. Changes are different as they are coded to work.

Thanks @Vaile23 I have been getting conflicting reports. Sounds like the only way would be to edit all databases. That would be a huge amount of effort in comparison.

20 minutes ago, teo7 said:

they might want to kinda force people to buy in game editor.. nice one 

Even with the in-game editor if you edit the name you lose the logo so I don't think that is the reason.

22 minutes ago, Dec said:

The Pre Game Editor is editing the database and technically hacking. Changes are different as they are coded to work.

@Dec Changes file is surely hacking the same as pre ed, both change items deemed not allowed

Thanks @Vaile23

4 minutes ago, Gary Hatton said:

They are different as the Pre Game Editor cannot be stopped as it is just changing their database. The changes file can be blocked from working.

The PGE edits the actual file, the changes edits after. Unless the game caches the database there will be no way to tell what is edited.

stil think you are missing the point

Changes file changes names in the game that have no license, names etc which is exactly what a pre editor does ,

are the  pre editors and save game editor endorsed by si?

If not then they cannot ban the changes file.

Edited by Gary Hatton
16 minutes ago, Gary Hatton said:

stil think you are missing the point

Changes file changes names in the game that have no license, names etc which is exactly what a pre editor does ,

are the  pre editors and save game editor endorsed by si?

If not then they cannot ban the changes file.

Pre game Editors don't make changes files. They edit the existing database. Changes is a different file. It is you who is missing the point. The game needs a database to run, it doesn't need the changes file. Same with a save. Unless it caches the database and the save (save I would imagine is near impossible) then it would be difficult. Only thing it could do is names as that can be contained in a different list. I would imagine caching databases would be very intensive so that is why they probably don't.

10 minutes ago, Gary Hatton said:

With a pre editor can you change the name of a team or comp ?

Yes you can and I believe existing saves edited with it do show the old names.

5 minutes ago, Gary Hatton said:

No different to the changes file

In other words both are hacking, which is illegal

Illegal, maybe but SI cannot really stop full editing. Caching names seems easy enough, but actually transfers seems quite  intensive. We have been asking SI for an official Editor for years though, that is what changes was initially. They aren't losing any money from the Pre Game Editor being out. Even the In Game editor is different to the Save Game Editor. 

I am sorry but I don't know what you are arguing now. You were angry that the changes don't work but now you say the only Editors we have - which only work on new saves for names, you want them stopping too which will take more memory and resources. For me I want them to work on features not spend time to counter unofficial programs that enhance game life and experience. I believe SI share the same view that is why they have only changed names (presumably due to some warnings from their legal team). Though we should be arguing why these restrictions haven't been placed on the PC version.

My Vibe Careers saves got messed up with the new update, i even replace the updated database back with my vibes databases so it was like before the update... loaded save and still messed up though it shows the names in the save editor. no idea whats going on.

So even with the pre-game editor after the initial save the club names are back to what they were. So freaking annoying...

I actually bought the in-game editor because I thought what the hell, for some extra money I can do all the changes I want right away while playing instead of using the pre-game editor on my PC but damn, the current situation is quite shit.

1 hour ago, Dec said:

Illegal, maybe but SI cannot really stop full editing. Caching names seems easy enough, but actually transfers seems quite  intensive. We have been asking SI for an official Editor for years though, that is what changes was initially. They aren't losing any money from the Pre Game Editor being out. Even the In Game editor is different to the Save Game Editor. 

I am sorry but I don't know what you are arguing now. You were angry that the changes don't work but now you say the only Editors we have - which only work on new saves for names, you want them stopping too which will take more memory and resources. For me I want them to work on features not spend time to counter unofficial programs that enhance game life and experience. I believe SI share the same view that is why they have only changed names (presumably due to some warnings from their legal team). Though we should be arguing why these restrictions haven't been placed on the PC version.

ok easy answer to discussion not arguement, if you admit pre editor is hacking why have si never asked you to take it down,They have the right to surely

37 minutes ago, Gary Hatton said:

ok easy answer to discussion not arguement, if you admit pre editor is hacking why have si never asked you to take it down,They have the right to surely

You are asking the wrong person.

1 hour ago, Dec said:

You are asking the wrong

Then i hope people will boycott the next version

If hacking is ok, then getting a pirated version should be ok

16 minutes ago, Gary Hatton said:

Then i hope people will boycott the next version

If hacking is ok, then getting a pirated version should be ok

I don't agree with that. Hacking the database doesn't cost SI money, end of the day we all want a better product and pirating goes against that. They won't cancel the game due to someone making a transfer update, they will if they don't get enough money for it.

43 minutes ago, Dec said:

I don't agree with that. Hacking the database doesn't cost SI money, end of the day we all want a better product and pirating goes against that. They won't cancel the game due to someone making a transfer update, they will if they don't get enough money for it.

Im totally against hacking, but i dont like gettng ripped off, i paid for the IGE for certain things like renamingteam names,that hs now been messed up, so  hence the reasoning  behind a pirated version.

Which i could get with no cost including all the extras, so will be the way to go if i ever wanted to play the game again.

As said uninstalled now, si will not be getting my money for the next one.

Just now, Gary Hatton said:

Im totally against hacking, but i dont like gettng ripped off, i paid for the IGE for certain things like renamingteam names,that hs now been messed up, so  hence the reasoning  behind a pirated version.

Which i could get with no cost including all the extras, so will be the way to go if i ever wanted to play the game again.

As said uninstalled now, si will not be getting my money for the next one.

Pirating isn't the way to get your voice heard. If you are unhappy about it (though you can still edit names and add in logos by adding 1million to the Unique ID as Alari said earlier) so in no way have you lost out on anything. Why not contact Apple though and see if you can get a refund for that if you are unhappy? Pirating just means the game is less likely to come out and have less development on it as they haven't as much to invest.

Who  said i want to be heard, as for the editing, surely you would have to add a new number to every club file, why should i do that when it was all ok.

No offence mate, but i will get the free version next time round.

Thats the  thing with androids, easy to hack.

11 minutes ago, Gary Hatton said:

Who  said i want to be heard, as for the editing, surely you would have to add a new number to every club file, why should i do that when it was all ok.

No offence mate, but i will get the free version next time round.

Thats the  thing with androids, easy to hack.

If you didn't why post here and be so vocal?

Good luck, no FMM16 pirated version exists, no working FMH15 pirated game exists too unless you don't want to load multiple leagues.