Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics The Cruyff, loads of goals, great defence [EME]

PriZe

The Cruyff, a 3-1-2-3-1 tactic [EME]

Welcome to my first EME tactic since the introduction of the new match engine! Ever since I started playing FMM my dream was to recreate the 3-4-3 system as played by my own club Ajax and Barcelona. So far I have never succeeded in creating a stable working tactic on FMM. With the recently passing away of Johan Cruyff it re sparked my desire to try and recreate the 3-4-3 tactic he used at Barcelona.

Now replicating the true style is near to impossible on FMM but i am very happy to announce that IMO I came close.

The background

The roots of this formation are often described as being Dutch. One of the first to experiment with it was Johan Cruyff.
The philosophy behind Cruyff's way is pretty simple. As long as you have the ball, the opponent can't score. Sounds logical doesn’t it? :D

What this means according to Cruyff, when you have the ball, your teammates should always be trying to make themselves available to receiving the ball. To achieve this, there should always be teammates in front and near to you to receive the ball. This approach is more commonly known as the triangle, in which the player holding the ball is one of the three points of the triangle.
u2ILOYe.jpg
To create as much triangles on the pitch as possible Cruyff's idea of football is that you should always play with 3 defenders & 3 attackers. In midfield you should create a diamond with the 4 remaining players.

When you lose the ball everyone in the team (including the attackers) should try to regain possession of the ball by pressing and closing spaces within six seconds. If they didn’t succeed within these six seconds, you had to fall back and try to keep from conceding. Important in this theory is the concept of anticipation of possession loss. This means that the defenders will keep close to the midfielders while in possession, anticipating the moment they lose the ball. Once this happens, they can immediately attack the opponent with the ball. This means you should always play a high line.

1voj1p4.jpg 

Years after these experiments this formation had been implemented at Barcelona by Cruyff (winning the Champions League again in 1991) and more recently Louis Van Gaal adopted this formation in the following years leading up to an Champions League victory by Ajax in 1995 against AC Milan.

The 3-4-3 in FMM

qTYkGQP.png

The back 3

I tried a spread FB –CB-FB defence, and although this made the tactic a bit more attacking it also was more leaky. Cruyff always said I would rather win 5-4 then 1-0, but I am opting for the more solid version and play 3 CB’s.

The midfield diamond

Sticking true to the real live version we will use a DLM (BWM/DLM, don’t really feel any difference on the EME) with a BBM and CM infront. The BBM is important to bring the ball from the midfield while the CM theoretically should cover the space the BBM leaves the moment he moves up.

The front 3

The wingers have to be versatile, the should be able to score and assist the striker, and luckily with the recent adjustment made to the INF’s they perform as you want them! My personal preference is playing a poacher but you could swith to a Treq or a other role you like.

Team instructions

Nopu2Ya.png

Nothing fancy, with this being a quite attacking formation I opted for balanced as this gave me the results I needed. You can always switch up too direct passing and a attacking mentality.

Results

ljGFhSC.jpg

xMSTV45.jpg

mBNOTRQ.jpg

mfXUFjq.jpg

JAC6zqK.jpg

5iKcAJu.jpg

1iRxdFw.jpg

JBq3yds.jpg

Now I don’t have any history with the EME but I think the results are pretty great!

Looking forward what you guys think and if it works out for you!

Cheers PriZe.

Edited by PriZe
21 hours ago, pipaz4 said:

I'm going to give this a go, i'm struggling to score in Italian league hope this helps, thanks for sharing.

Looking forward to hear how it's working for you m8 :)

How does the Poacher even score that much? I have been playing with this tactic from the start of this season and my Poacher doesn't seem to be netting any. It's mostly my IFs that get the job done. The Poacher doesn't contribute, it's mostly 6 or 7 and rarely an 8 rating for him. It's not only him, I've played other players like Hakan Calhanoglu and an Ibrahimovic regen but it just doesn't seem to work. Btw, this striker is a Samuel Eto'o regen. He's from Cameroon and has a PA of 184.

IMG_2098.PNG

IMG_2099.PNG

@vbase i tend to put my striker on penalty and free kick duty. Results of the poacher may differ per country. Currently doing a testsave where my young strike has scored just 8 goals in 13 games in the BPL. 

i have also noticed that a good BBM and CM are crucial to get the most out of your striker, the are the ones for me who assist the striker more often then inf's cause they have a tendency to score more.

2 hours ago, dutchfmh said:

Gonna give this a try with ajax

Awesome! Let me know how it works out for you!

4 hours ago, ZenithStriker said:

Finally, a tactic with a 3-4-3 formation. Let me test this out :)

Cool! Would love some feedback!

Wow this tactic looks amazing mate, love the detailed explanation on the way the team plays and sets out, great work I will defo give this tactic a go.

I use pretty much the same tactic, just having my 3 midfielders on one line.

If you struggle with some big opponent, you can switch to passing style : both flank. It change a little your tactics, making your IF scores much more but your stricker scores a lot less.

Tried out this tactic and to be honest I am impressed. However sometimes my attacking players can't seem to finish. Overall this is probably the best tactic I have ever used, kudos.

Screenshot_20160421-100150.png

Screenshot_20160419-234606.png

Screenshot_20160419-234600.png

Screenshot_20160419-202746.png

19 hours ago, Mikee1984 said:

Wow this tactic looks amazing mate, love the detailed explanation on the way the team plays and sets out, great work I will defo give this tactic a go.

Thanks for the compliment! Looking forward to hear how it works out for you

58 minutes ago, Lochheart said:

I use pretty much the same tactic, just having my 3 midfielders on one line.

If you struggle with some big opponent, you can switch to passing style : both flank. It change a little your tactics, making your IF scores much more but your stricker scores a lot less.

Good tip! As i always try to create a tactic is can use for a single striker challenge i try to step a bit on the brake regarding other roles scoring more, but this will defo help in achieving wins!

36 minutes ago, StueyBTRFC said:

Tried out this tactic and to be honest I am impressed. However sometimes my attacking players can't seem to finish. Overall this is probably the best tactic I have ever used, kudos.

Screenshot_20160421-100150.png

Screenshot_20160419-234606.png

Screenshot_20160419-234600.png

Screenshot_20160419-202746.png

Wow what a compliment! Much appreciated. Regarding finishing, shots vs goals is insane and flawed on the EME if you ask me. Your examples aren't uncommon for me as well. All in all the tactic does what it should, but sometimes it feels the EME is just against you :( 

1 hour ago, StueyBTRFC said:

Has anyone tested this on OME?

I used it for about 10 games, only diff was that INF's where wingers. I won all my games, that being said, i was already in 2024 and had a good squad. So i can't say for sure it works well on OME.

biggest issue i expect is the 3 atb with no wingbacks. Only way to find out for sure ir ir works is trying m8 ;-)

19 hours ago, PriZe said:

I used it for about 10 games, only diff was that INF's where wingers. I won all my games, that being said, i was already in 2024 and had a good squad. So i can't say for sure it works well on OME.

biggest issue i expect is the 3 atb with no wingbacks. Only way to find out for sure ir ir works is trying m8 ;-)

What is your best striker with this technique ? 

I found that Edison Cavani (or regen) is just a monster.

I found him on my 3 Club (yes I have been sacked 2 times :O ) and now I have the perfect striker. 

1 Season : 25 match - 43 goal - 9 pass
2 Season : 27 match - 37 goal - 6 pass 

And the season is not finish :)

15 minutes ago, Lochheart said:

What is your best striker with this technique ? 

I found that Edison Cavani (or regen) is just a monster.

I found him on my 3 Club (yes I have been sacked 2 times :O ) and now I have the perfect striker. 

1 Season : 25 match - 43 goal - 9 pass
2 Season : 27 match - 37 goal - 6 pass 

And the season is not finish :)

Nice results m8! Did you use wingers or INF's on the wing? And how was the back 3 on OME? DId you get many goals against / loses?

Regarding your question, i prefer with high stats in the following area's: Shooting, Decisions, Movement. Dribbling, Aerial, Technique, Teamwork, Pace, Strength. If you look at Dec his guide regarding attributes you will see that these are the preferred attributes for a Complete forward.

I expect that the regen of Cavani will defo fit the bill :)  But even with lesser gods you can achieve good results. I have used Rui Pedro, Aubamayang with great succes. Currently i am really enjoying Dyabala, although for my preference he his a bit low on the aerial aspect.

There is not a lot of Strikers with more than 15 in aerials.

You have Ibrahimovic, Cavani, Lukaku, Dzedko or Harry kane.

I never play with winger, I never found any tactics where they are useful, so I switch it to IF.

Edited by Lochheart
33 minutes ago, Lochheart said:

There is not a lot of Strikers with more than 15 in aerials.

You have Ibrahimovic, Cavani, Lukaku, Dzedko or Harry kane.

I never play with winger, I never found any tactics where they are useful, so I switch it to IF.

there is at least 15 pages with strikers with aerials 15 and above. If you switch it to 14 you have 34 pages full of strikers with great aerial stats. Aerial stats aren't necessary to have a great performing striker, but will help.

This was always my favorite tactic way back since the old cm0102 old days... i will give it a try, but with fb's instead of cb's. Ajax's 94-95 is my all-time fav team! Sad LVG lost his notes and his coaching skills, i would've loved to see man utd play like this!

I'm currently using this tactic with my Inter team in the 22/23 season and it's working great, my PCR is doing well and my IF's and CM contribute well most games

I'll post a full season when it's done

OK guys well I used this tactic for a full season with my Inter team and it destroyed in Itlay

First here's our season fixtures 

IMG_5420.thumb.PNG.3b738fbf1984e820f180cIMG_5421.thumb.PNG.f43f3c10f6de59642ec5eIMG_5422.thumb.PNG.c0a5637bbd49021ffbd84IMG_5423.thumb.PNG.bc1f842f710e2b9b1b0fcIMG_5424.thumb.PNG.0a654044d63783b997d84IMG_5425.thumb.PNG.fad481eb7feb09d78c79cIMG_5426.thumb.PNG.dd07d21ab2b3d7b4110f3

Then here's how we did League and Cup wise

IMG_5414.thumb.PNG.77594c5b94655335706e9IMG_5411.thumb.PNG.f3005e89706e51ba84c54IMG_5379.thumb.PNG.fd602c308be285cdf09c6IMG_5385.thumb.PNG.59a93bc142fc6c641a666IMG_5386.thumb.PNG.2cfc041d45d66ab9902a7IMG_5413.thumb.PNG.50e59e3dba97e1ce36d7bIMG_5415.thumb.PNG.28c9ee5f42be559371fa7IMG_5432.thumb.PNG.22e7702ca21ad187abe1a

That's right we won everything had an immense season with my main PCR scoring 47 goals brilliant season and had some immense games in the Champions cup (this one being my favourite)

IMG_5412.thumb.PNG.1f6f50c168a2aa1d5e45d

9-0 winners over two games against the might PSG in the Semi Finals

Here's some player stats for you

IMG_5416.thumb.PNG.35505d07ac4fb62c1cbfbIMG_5417.thumb.PNG.e41769e0fb2259a414f60

Great work @PriZe great tactic for the EME 

26 minutes ago, FMHTurkish said:

Can't believe.The exact same tactic that i used in 2013 version.

Great tactic.

Sorry m8 must have missed that. But good to hear it worker then, and it still does :)

18 hours ago, PriZe said:

@Taff thanks for sharing the results m8 happy to see it is working out for you! 

@Lochheart what league are you playing in m8 maybe i can offer some help!

If you play on iPhone, don't update to 7.2.1.

The game crash sometimes while playing and you'll muste erase / reinstall the game... I'm with SiGame to solve the problem :(