Int - 78

Assists 

Club - 439

It's a boy! Rather fitting name - Goncalo Wins

IMG_7534.thumb.PNG.e2893305fd28062ae42db

IMG_7537.thumb.PNG.6bfd1264fc67275493d58

Edited by Joewins
Pics

Slowly getting there but damn this could be a tight finish with those assists still being needed. Rate he's going at though it should be done with ease, bring it home mate! 

Haha class name for a son :D

Every credit mate with this's challenge the way you've gone from scoring loads to now assisting so much at such a late stage of his career is awesome ??

Thanks all - a few seasons ago I didn’t think he’d make it. I was consoling myself with top spot on the leader board of the assists page but after last season I think he’ll get there. He was dropped by Portugal at the start of season 14 which meant he started the season flying – normally he doesn’t get going till the internationals are over in mid-autumn as he was always returned with his condition in the 70s.

It helps having Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez and Lewendowski regens as your strikers, I’m into December of season 15 and the worst record of any of them is 1.07 goals per game.

1 hour ago, Joewins said:

Thanks all - a few seasons ago I didn’t think he’d make it. I was consoling myself with top spot on the leader board of the assists page but after last season I think he’ll get there. He was dropped by Portugal at the start of season 14 which meant he started the season flying – normally he doesn’t get going till the internationals are over in mid-autumn as he was always returned with his condition in the 70s.

It helps having Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez and Lewendowski regens as your strikers, I’m into December of season 15 and the worst record of any of them is 1.07 goals per game.

It's going well if Guedes legs hold up then your fine

I'd been using the intensive training method up until about 4 seasons ago when his stamina started to drop below 10 - I switched attacking and fitness just for him and he seems to have levelled of around 10/11. When I watch games the furthest away he runs from the Middle of the attacking third is when he takes a corner and still I have to bring him off after 70 minutes in most games!

Thanks for all the comments – it’s great motivation as I wearily approach the finish line.

On 5/24/2016 at 00:08, JamesH96 said:

Fantastic thread mate, deffo going to try a career with SLB, hope you manage to bag the assists you need! 

SLB are a great team to start a career with, they have a good budget, high reputation and amazing youth players. The league is pretty easy but conquering Europe isn’t a walk in the park.

Season 16

This was the clubs worst season so far… we won neither of the domestic cups or the champs league and after my initial confidence the team scored less goals than I was hoping. Prior to this I hadn’t changed the starting lineup for a number of seasons but Kante was gone, Stones and Gaya were well past their prime and even Renato Sanchez was winding down and perhaps not all my replacements were up to scratch. Plus Guedes is getting on a bit and as certain starter when fit and main creative force it meant the service maybe wasn’t what it used to be.

For a mere mortal this would have been a good season but I’ve come to expect miracles from Guedes… Let’s hope he doesn’t opt for a shock retirement!

IMG_7542.thumb.PNG.a2dfd631b78cfc722a797IMG_7541.thumb.PNG.12d2ec3f7959fa870e9f7

The Results

Goals

Club - 608

Int – 87

Total - 695

Assists

Total - 467

Shame the all round form dropped off slightly but another solid season in terms of the challenge. Bring it home mate! 

Season 17

I re-evaluated my expectations of Guedes and made some better choices in the transfer market and entered season 17 with a renewed vigor! Having been pretty much injury-free all his career, in the previous season he was out for the whole of January and this season he had a few spells on the sidelines too so his game time has been down. And just look at that stamina – I’m surprised he can walk in from the car park. Is there an option in the training screen to set up a Harry Rednapp/Paul Merson agreement like they had at Portsmouth where he could just turn up when he likes to training, do what he wants then still play on the weekend?IMG_7550.thumb.PNG.88e8f185be10cc8105476IMG_7551.thumb.PNG.74dddf9d1dbdcf3e64cd7

The Results

Goals

Club - 631

Int – 88

Total - 719

Assists

Total – 492 – Nearly there, please don’t retire.

Edited by Joewins
Goal totals corrected

WHAMMO!!!

The moment it all happened.

IMG_7547.thumb.PNG.ab63f5ab4025b3f432229

That aint bad for a 36 year old

IMG_7548.thumb.PNG.faf9adeed702325d938db

IMG_7549.thumb.PNG.0f44fbea5a0c972b0ffa4

The Results

Goals

Club - 636

Int – 89

Total - 725

Assists

Total – 500

So, in 1,103 games (minus 38 club games and 2 internationals played prior to starting) Guedes played a part in 1,225 goals. That's bliming amazing if I don't say so myself!

This challenge has been thoroughly enjoyable and I learned more about Football Manager than I had in 20+ years playing the series prior. Thanks for any comments people have left along the way.

To be honest I wasn’t sure if it was possible before I started either but, in previous saves I have hit the season target for goals and assists when aiming for a 15 year career (33.3) with Delefefou, Bale and Guedes himself over 2, 3 and 4 consecutive years respectively. I’d never come close to the 500 target though as I had never focused on the individual player – the results had just come of general careers. With Guedes it was in a 1k attempt (with Pavon prior to the update) that failed in part because he wouldn’t stop scoring and Bale was an upgrade on Delefeou in the same save. I had played ahead about 5 seasons before posting so I knew I’d reached a total that made it possible.

Once I hit the goal target I faffed around for half a season with tactics and I eventually settled on my tactic from 10-15 years ago on the PC versions of CM/FM (I can’t remember which it would have been now). 3-4-1-2 and ridiculously attacking, I effectively had Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez and Lewandowski upfront at their peak with Vidal and Renato Sanchez in CM, Gaya at left DM and Zabaleta right DM with Stones, Carvalho and Bonnucci at CB in front of Buffon - all at their peak. I made very few transfers so everyone was settled.

though) but Guedes’ assist rocketed. I changed his training to Tactics and Fitness: High, Attaching and Motivation: Medium and GK and Defending: None. He had the natural attacking ability already I just needed to keep his stamina up and hopefully the tactics made him a cleverer player (that’s what I convinced myself anyway).stThe clean sweep of trophies stopped, I think I didn’t win the Champ League for 6 seasons and lost to very average teams in the cups and league (always finished 1

There you go – I tried finishing out the current season, he even got 3 assists in a game but not much else and I think I gave up around 506?! I think I burnt myself out in terms of FMM so I’m taking a break for a while. Though I can’t seem to help logging on here!

Seasons 18 & 19

I couldn't help myself, I mean what else am I meant to do when I'm on the loo?!

The Manager - Still never hit 1st somehow!IMG_7716.thumb.PNG.278a998f84012d1ecd4ac

Guedes - I though he was done for in season 18 then he goes and smashes season 19 at the ripe old age of 37!IMG_7717.thumb.PNG.3f038e7d0f65f91ca47b1IMG_7718.thumb.PNG.a82a2ac1e127460fbb16f 

And then this...IMG_7714.thumb.PNG.564a80fa0b2a92b7067d3

IMG_7715.thumb.PNG.28684e6c86de2b64e4a54

One more season in his epic career.

Just read this post, almost had a tear in my eye!!  I'm getting a shirt with Guedes on the back.

How did your "son" turn out in the game?

2 hours ago, dabla27 said:

Just read this post, almost had a tear in my eye!!  I'm getting a shirt with Guedes on the back.

Haha - yeah he was a fantastic player. Pretty good in 2017 from the looks of things as well. I think i might have a got a little too into this save though - Running imaginary press conferences in my head and wondering how well a DVD review of my time in charge would have sold...

2 hours ago, dabla27 said:

How did your "son" turn out in the game?

He wasn't bad but I'd got my team so packed out with top regens that there really wasn't much room for him. I just wanted to get the assists done so generally kept him as just a sub for Guedes.

My next attempt will be up soon... (if the first few seasons go to plan)

1 hour ago, Joewins said:

Haha - yeah he was a fantastic player. Pretty good in 2017 from the looks of things as well. I think i might have a got a little too into this save though - Running imaginary press conferences in my head and wondering how well a DVD review of my time in charge would have sold...

He wasn't bad but I'd got my team so packed out with top regens that there really wasn't much room for him. I just wanted to get the assists done so generally kept him as just a sub for Guedes.

My next attempt will be up soon... (if the first few seasons go to plan)

Hahah yeah got to say I have done something similar.  Actually believing that after Champions League winning Berwick side that I would genuinely get a key to the town and would be forever in the hearts of the Berwick faithful.  Guess that's why FM is so good.

What's the next attempt then? Same again?