Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Bentley's "Straight Up The Middle" (4-3-2-1) OME

Bentley's "Straight Up The Middle" (4-3-2-1)!

Welcome to my tactic for the Original Match Engine in Football Manager Mobile 2016!

To test this tactic I used Hibernian and limited myself to only 1 signing and used no unlockables to make sure results were reliable.

I will continue to test this tactic in other leagues with other teams to cover all bases!

As always, I recommend using Intensive Training with this tactic.

5724f94939cc5_IMG_00741.thumb.PNG.b6db9a

5724fa131976d_IMG_00751.thumb.PNG.e8d4a9

Some have argued that there is no noticeable difference between Normal tackling and Committed tackling, however, I prefer to use Committed.

5724fa7f08ec5_IMG_00791.thumb.PNG.b0dd25

As you can see, Hibernian performed very well only losing 3 games and drawing 3 games. Rangers were favourites to win this League with ease and we managed to blow them out the water by winning with a lead of 23 points and a HUGE goal difference of 81 compared to 19.

5724fb740f838_IMG_00761.thumb.PNG.49d7045724fb88ecea0_IMG_00771.thumb.PNG.ede181

We had an incredible run of results keeping several clean sheets and ended up beating Celtic in the Final of the Scottish Cup against all odds!

5724fbd45cac3_IMG_00721.thumb.PNG.1d0cec

I found that a major reason for this success was the incredible performance of Jason Cummings. At only 20 years old and on a measly £500 per week he managed to take the league by storm and win the top award for the league.

5724fc44d5bb1_IMG_00811.thumb.PNG.1e563d

As I said in the beginning this is the first team and first league I have tested this tactic on and will continue to test with other teams and post the results.

I have also considered altering the defence to include a Ball Playing Defender, what do you think?

Thank you for reading and stay tuned for more!

- Bentley

***************************************UPDATES***************************************

I also tested the tactic out with Ajax, again, using no unlockables and making 0 signings. As you can see we won the league with ease and ended up losing in the Final of the Dutch Cup. We also reached the 2nd Round of Europa League Knockout stages.

57263603c6619_IMG_00831.thumb.PNG.dea2dc

Edited by Adam Bentley
Added new test data

cummings is a star though (maybe has crazy potential?) - i signed him for my premier league winners and he won the World Player of the Year... so it'll be interesting to see if this works with other strikers :)

8 hours ago, vbase said:

What positions get the most assists? Also, your TM has 10 Aerial, and it still works?

For me I found that the CM positions had the majority of the assists.

And yes this worked perfectly with a TM with 10 Aerial - He scored 36 in 40 League games with 6 Assists.

1 hour ago, Mr Tree said:

cummings is a star though (maybe has crazy potential?) - i signed him for my premier league winners and he won the World Player of the Year... so it'll be interesting to see if this works with other strikers :)

Very possible that this could be due to Cummings being an outstanding player, I will try different strikers and keep the post updated.