Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Counting Down Top 15 Players to Look Out for EURO 2016

Counting Down Top 15 Players to Look Out for EURO 2016 

Introduction

With the European Championships just over a month away,it's time to get prepared for yet another thrilling experience for both the players and the fans,and what better way there is than counting down 15 top players worth looking out for in the tournament to come :)

15. Gylfi Sigurðsson

gylfi-sigurdsson-cropped_14oo9n5mj5wjy1w

Full Name : Gylfi Þor Sigurðsson

Date of Birth : 9 September 1989 (age 26)

Place of Birth : Reykjavík, Iceland

Height : 1.85m

Weight : 77kg

Nationality : Icelandic

Club : AFC Swansea

Position : M C

International Caps: 36

International Goals : 12

Iceland,a country with just a measly population of 329,000 and made it through to the competition,created history for being the smallest ever nation to ever take part in the European Championships.

The secret of their success has been mostly due to their quality management system ------ and this lad.

Plying his trade in the English Premier League with Welsh club Swansea,Sigurðsson has been phenomenal for both country and club this season.His excellent displays in the Qualifiers helped steer his home country to 2nd place in their respective qualifying group,behind Czech Republic but 7 points clear of 4th place Netherlands. It's sheer contrast that an Iceland team that were placed 131st in the world just 4 years ago had managed to reach a major tournament.

After starting out at hometown club FH,he then moved to Breiðablik as an U17 international before signing for Reading in 2005. He was then shipped for a record fee to German club 1899 Hoffenheim.After a season on loan at Swansea,Sigurðsson was sold to Tottenham for £8.8m. In 2014,he returned to the Liberty Stadium in a part exchange deal by Spurs for Ben Davies.

Sigurðsson is best known for his perfectly executed set pieces and is also very good at aiming and firing a long shot whenever he sees the chance,more like shoot on sight,you could say.  

If you're facing Gylfi and Co,you wouldn't be wanting to give them a break as Gylfi is known for his counter attacking threat and is most likely going to punish the opposition if they allow him to do so. 

A snapshot of Gylfi Sigurðsson in FMM

Screenshot_2016-05-02-01-04-08-39.thumb.

In the game,Gylfi looks just as class as he is in real life.Do take note of his passing,shooting and creativity,his three most important attributes at 16,15 and 16 respectively.But be aware that his crossing and aggression are on the brink at 14,and they'll likely be important for a much attacking minded player like him as well. 

Considering he's going to be Iceland's main man in the competition,he'll be carrying a huge task on his shoulders and the Iceland team would need him to be their main weapon to stand any chance of progressing to the next stage. 

All in all,he's going to be watched from all over the world and mostly his homeland Iceland. Can he lead Iceland to further glory? Or will he succumb to the heavy task he has on his shoulders? We'll find out soon.... 

======

That's it for today, what do you think?

Give me your suggestions and opinions in the comments below. Thanks. :D

Stay Tuned …. ;)

Halamadrid ® 

Edited by halamadrid

Hahah, someone has been keeping an eye on comments.

Good job. You have put some good effort put into it. 

Keeping an eye on Muller, Kane and Pogba.

2 minutes ago, vbase said:

Hahah, someone has been keeping an eye on comments.

Good job. You have put some good effort put into it. 

Keeping an eye on Muller, Kane and Pogba.

Of course I did ;)

Thanks mate. Means a lot :)

Nice work but I'd prefer less Wikipedia type writing and more on him in FMM underlining his strengths and weaknesses.  For this type of thing I'd say less is more. Most people know about him, they want to know why he is one to look at for in your view and in the view of the game. A paragraph explaining why you think he is good linking back to FMM and real life with his FMM picture would suffice and have more per update.  I think in this instance you have put in too much effort, it is a very good piece though. Just in my view not a FMM piece and a waste of the game as a resource. Would be amazing at somewhere like Squawka though.

2 minutes ago, Dec said:

Nice work but I'd prefer less Wikipedia type writing and more on him in FMM underlining his strengths and weaknesses.  For this type of thing I'd say less is more. Most people know about him, they want to know why he is one to look at for in your view and in the view of the game. A paragraph explaining why you think he is good linking back to FMM and real life with his FMM picture would suffice and have more per update.  I think in this instance you have put in too much effort, it is a very good piece though. Just in my view not a FMM piece and a waste of the game as a resource. Would be amazing at somewhere like Squawka though.

Okay thanks for the advice :)

Will try to improve it for the next player 

1 minute ago, halamadrid said:

Okay thanks for the advice :)

Will try to improve it for the next player 

I'd love you to edit the first one. That way I can help you before you continue. I'd say you have a skill for writing though and should consider writing for a football blog. It really wouldn't look out of place there.

I enjoyed the read but I agree with Dec, from a FMM point of view a lot of it was filler, interesting yes but not relating to FMM. Turning real life football into FMM articles can be done but it does require some practice to get the balance right. You hould easily be able to pull it off though with the effort shown in that snapshot. 

As for the player I love him in game, one of my personal favourites. Not used him as much in recent years however though as with his age and value there are better options available. Back on the PSP he was an assists machine! 

Nice work mate. What a shame that Holland is not on the Euro 2016. There are greater talents in our national team like Bazoer, Tete or El Ghazi. Hopefully in 2018 we will be on the word cup