Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career A North East Title Push - Ross County

Season 3 - Established top 6 side?

Well that's the goal. What better words to start this season of with I was thinking of the title there something "Lecisteresque" about this season in the league anyways but then thought I'm getting too carried away.  

I checked the financial side, I don't usually do it I'm one for making sure there's over and above for wages to my surprise this happens...

Screenshot_2016-05-11-23-54-41.thumb.png

Yeah Insecure financially again first tax man and probably the club are still feeling the effects of last season. I had to play a bit of role without demoralising the squad and effecting my position, again I conceded myself to the fact that the loan market would be used again this season not that's a bad thing. But I would need to generate some cash and spend it wisely as I have been doing. 

Screenshot_2016-05-12-19-18-17.thumb.pngGraham again a key player moved to Premiership side Hamilton with Alex Schalk moving to part-time football with Dumbarton. Between the two I save £6k on wages there or there abouts.

Screenshot_2016-05-12-19-17-39.thumb.png

I brought in Low from Dundee a player who I intend to use for rotation, Firmino who is also a midfielder was brought in a free transfer and again will be used as backup. Darren Petrie is a left back and will be in contention for a first team start. Our youth system has been kind to us this season and gave us this cracking player Screenshot_2016-05-12-18-34-35.thumb.pngHe's decent and form suggests that to although a forward I intend to use him on the right hand side. Remember Oscar Fernandez? Screenshot_2016-05-12-18-34-41.thumb.png

He's coming on a treat and what matters is he's banging in the goals tooScreenshot_2016-05-12-18-34-51.thumb.png

Here's our tactics Screenshot_2016-05-12-18-34-31.thumb.pngScreenshot_2016-05-12-19-18-59.thumb.png

And remember we mentioned "lecisteresque" here's why but I refuse to get carried away.

Screenshot_2016-05-12-19-19-15.thumb.png

More tomorrow as I will update before the split. 

A north east title push? - Season 3

Yeah an earlier update than expected, but why not remember on my last update I was talking about the season being somewhat different from the other 2, well put it this way any other team than Celtic or Rangers title is remarkable I don't think it's been done since the 80sScreenshot_2016-05-13-12-49-23.thumb.pngA mixed bag start to the season which is normally our usual start to the first quarter of the season and defeats against Hearts Rangers and Aberdeen had me thinking that Scott Fox's days as number 1 goalkeeper are over, especially if we wanted to achieve our full objective and win the league it was clear that Fox wouldn't be in our plans.

Screenshot_2016-05-13-12-49-53.thumb.pngStep forward 17 year old Graham Scully and our new number 1 keeper. I know it's early but I reckon he is Shay Given's regen. If it is it is a good bit of business he was only bought for 80k if I remember right. Fox's contract runs out at the end of the season and it won't be renewed. Screenshot_2016-05-13-12-49-15.thumb.pngAfter the usual start we were knocked out of the league cup by recent relegated side Dundee following a penalty shootout. Something which we enjoy doing I think last season we had 2 league cup games which were decided through the penalty spot.

A nice run of results in the league including a draw against Celtic was particularly pleasing resulted in me tieing up youth academy player Miller in a 5 year deal he is a solid player and will be a key player for us to achieve our objectiveScreenshot_2016-05-12-21-13-36.thumb.png

He has been in superb form to say the least his movement shooting and technique is admirable at such a young age, he will no doubt attract interest and will already be hard to keep a hold of in his 5 years of his contract.Screenshot_2016-05-13-12-48-57.thumb.png

Results against Celtic 3-0 was a highlight here which ultimately resulted in Delia losing his job. Here's the league tableScreenshot_2016-05-13-12-48-30.thumb.pngYou weren't expecting that!? Not saying we'll win the title this year but hopefully we can continue the momentum and start a north east title push. 

Edited by george144
2 minutes ago, ZenithStriker said:

Wow. Didn't expect that at all.

The "collapse" of Celtic and Rangers dropping points has obviously made it a title challange I'm reluctant to call it that at the moment although if we get to 29\30 games played and its still like that then I'll class it as a challange

We've Done It? (Read on) -

North East title push was the objective of this save and I think we have certainly achieved that, although it might seem predictable where it might ultimately end up the title that is, it is still far from certain.Screenshot_2016-05-13-15-56-43.thumb.png

A game in hand that I win and beat Rangers while winning the rest of my games. Far from easyScreenshot_2016-05-13-15-56-53.thumb.png

I need to win points against Rangers I need to bear them something I haven't done this season I think my squad know there in a title challange after taking their eye off the ball against Hamilton yet again. 4 games to go win all of them and I've won the title in my third season a remarkable achievement and even to get where we are now is astonishing in my view. 

It's in our hands -

I actually can't believe it, for a team so far in this save that's cost well under £1 Million we're a game away from winning the title. 

Screenshot_2016-05-13-18-47-48.thumb.png

A 1-0 win against Rangers put us in a dream position. We are guaranteed to finish in top 2 but a win or a draw against Celtic crowns us as champions. After played 3 seasons either it shows how bad Scottish football is or I'm good at football manager, I fear it might be the 1st. Joking aside Rangers or Celtic have never shown that edge that they want the title with lose or drawn so many games. 

We haven't been consistent ourselves out of both domestic cup competitions and losing a fair few league games.

Screenshot_2016-05-13-18-47-57.thumb.png

I thought I was a tape on repeat. I kept on saying that's it the leagues ran away from us draws against Dundee utd and Inverness were a chance for either Rangers or Celtic to run away with it, they didn't.

I will kick myself though if I don't win the league now after all had we picked up all 3 this article may have been a lot more different. Time to move forward,  I shall not keep you in waiting there will be another upload to the story tonight around 10. Come on County!!!!

Screenshot_2016-05-13-15-56-43.png

Champions

We've done it a win for Rangers on the final day meant we had to pick at least a point against Celtic nervy as it was we managed to draw 1-1 which ultimately made as champions.

Screenshot_2016-05-13-19-34-02.thumb.png

Disregarding what I said above we've spend £1.2 Million over the 3 season still a remarkable achievement.

I'll have more in depth stats to the season soon but where do I go from here you will decide. Comment below Screenshot_2016-05-13-19-33-54.thumb.png

Edited by george144

Congratulations! Amazing result and I did not see that coming. Shame your career is over so soon but incredible job and to think that it happened with Ross County and not Aberdeen is Leicester like quality. As for your next move maybe continue the North West theme by joining Inverness (but still using your current save) and winning a title with them

Edited by Real_Random
1 hour ago, Real_Random said:

Congratulations! Amazing result and I did not see that coming. Shame your career is over so soon but incredible job and to think that it happened with Ross County and not Aberdeen is Leicester like quality. As for your next move maybe continue the North West theme by joining Inverness (but still using your current save) and winning a title with them

It is not over yet I want you to decide what's next 

22 minutes ago, george144 said:

It is not over yet I want you to decide what's next 

I know and I posted my recommendation at the bottom of the post. I would like to see you join Inverness to keep the North West theme