Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics How to tweak my tactic - help

I have tactic which is working well with Sampdoria but only when I am the favorite for the game, but when I am not favourite it doesnt work very well, how do you tweak you tactic if you are not favourite?  I have tried changing from offside to counter to see if sitting deeper and springing attacks would work, but it isnt consistent...  should I be changing the Mentality between Balanced / Attack / Defend, would that work?

Cheers

I am still using my defensive setup really...  so:

GK

FB DC DC FB

WM BWM BWM WM

AP

P

Balanced / Shorter Passing / Through Middle / Normal Tackling.

When I am favourite I have won 12 out of 15 games so far home and away...  but get hammered too often when not favourite.

Cheers

That is very defensive and very narrow. You aren't really getting the width or players to break down better teams and are just inviting pressure. Change to something a bit more neutral. Pair a BWM with a CM and play wingers and wing backs. Then go with direct passing as you have lots of gaps in between the lines.

Should I do what on the counter as my tactic works when I am the favourite for the game...  I tried Wing backs and direct but that didnt work, I guess my current tactic works because I am playing offside so pushing up higher and bullying the opposition with my BWMs. 

Tried this with Newcastle and Roma with same results, win probably 90% of my games when I am the favourite but struggle when not...  Guess I need to work out how to play when I am not the stronger team!

The thing is when you are the stronger team you are going to be in control more. You are playing very negative and strong teams will keep the ball.  The only viable way is playing on the counter but with no wingers you are very narrow and would be hard to break from midfield.

Yeah I see what you mean, just trying to change my main tactic a little so that it suits the players I have, I have bought to suit how I play, so was hoping I could tweak just a little bit without having to put players out of their preferred position...  I will try wingbacks again and maybe go mixed / flanks...  bascially the opposite of my main tactic, might help prevent the AI from learning my tactic.

So do you never change you mentality Dec, I tend to keep it on balanced and never use Defensive / Attack...

8 minutes ago, edhdurham said:

Yeah I see what you mean, just trying to change my main tactic a little so that it suits the players I have, I have bought to suit how I play, so was hoping I could tweak just a little bit without having to put players out of their preferred position...  I will try wingbacks again and maybe go mixed / flanks...  bascially the opposite of my main tactic, might help prevent the AI from learning my tactic.

So do you never change you mentality Dec, I tend to keep it on balanced and never use Defensive / Attack...

If you want to keep it the same go with these changes:
Pressing and Counter Attack On

Wide Men to Wingers

Full Backs to Wing Backs

Short Passing to Direct

I would use Attack if you are a big team or huge favourites and defend if you are very much rank outsiders in a match.

The reason why you win when you're the favourite is because you control possession. With the tactic that you have it is very compact due to the wide mids and fullbacks so you keep the ball but against strong teams they control possession and if they play through the the wings like most teams do then you'll be smashed due to lack of width.

I don't think it requires loads of changes, just switching a BWM to a more creative role and then switching one WM to a winger would give you more width and balance in a variety of situations, whilst maintaining defensive solidity.