Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat What's the Most "BS" Match You've Ever Encountered?

They say a picture paints a thousand words. Well the following picture paints just one word: bull***t. I write this post not with a bitter attitude (we've all seen it happen in real life), but with a confused mind!

Screenshot_20160604-155716.thumb.png.750

As you can see, I was all over them. This is the closest I've ever been to suspecting scripting exists in the game. The own goal was truly pathetic: a simple back-pass from my Evra evogen, from about 35-40 yards out, with little pressure on him from the opposing winger - it glided past my (admittedly) second-choice goalkeeper and into the back of the net.

Screenshot_20160605-150521.thumb.png.330

I payed 900k to release my second-choice keeper after this (this was the final straw - stinking attitude at lack of game time, and then he fails to deal with this backpass). As for the disallowed goal? I don't recall it looking offside.

Screenshot_20160605-150739.thumb.png.f87

Incidentally, this match sparked my poorest run of form in all my years playing this game. I've been averaging under 1 point per game since this game, so something like 6 points from 7. I dropped from title challengers in the EPL to clinging on to 4th - I feel like Man City this season!

What matches stick in your memory - for all the wrong reasons?

I was managing bayern after resigning from my Man City job. First season in I reached the Champions league final. I saved in case BS caused a defeat for me. Lost 3-1. ok a bit odd considering I have a relatively equal quality squad. Reload, lost again. Then kept on repeating until my 13th try. And I just gave up. There was no reason for me to lose every single time! Changed tactics accordingly to counter their tactic. Pretty sure that match was just scripted.

2 hours ago, ZenithStriker said:

I was managing bayern after resigning from my Man City job. First season in I reached the Champions league final. I saved in case BS caused a defeat for me. Lost 3-1. ok a bit odd considering I have a relatively equal quality squad. Reload, lost again. Then kept on repeating until my 13th try. And I just gave up. There was no reason for me to lose every single time! Changed tactics accordingly to counter their tactic. Pretty sure that match was just scripted.

Preach! This has happened to me so many times, so I just let this kind of BS happen now. If I lose a match to BS, I find that 9 times out of 10 if I reload the game I will lose again, always down to BS. I remember reading somewhere that 90% of the outcome of the match is pre-determined at the start of the week, by morale, etc.

I was all over Notts in this game (and they had a terrible squad), so it feels like the game gifted them the win by way of an own goal and a disallowed goal.

I really don't mind losing, but at least give me something to go on. I hate the runs you get every Dec/Jan that feels so scripted. You feel powerless to stop it. You have the tools to determine what's wrong in real life, but in a handheld game that kind of thing shouldn't exist.

2 minutes ago, Callum Lummy Giles said:

Preach! This has happened to me so many times, so I just let this kind of BS happen now. If I lose a match to BS, I find that 9 times out of 10 if I reload the game I will lose again, always down to BS. I remember reading somewhere that 90% of the outcome of the match is pre-determined at the start of the week, by morale, etc.

I was all over Notts in this game (and they had a terrible squad), so it feels like the game gifted them the win by way of an own goal and a disallowed goal.

I really don't mind losing, but at least give me something to go on. I hate the runs you get every Dec/Jan that feels so scripted. You feel powerless to stop it. You have the tools to determine what's wrong in real life, but in a handheld game that kind of thing shouldn't exist.

Words have been spoken. SI fix this.

The Biggest BS Match has to be this one in my FIRST Season of my Sir Alex Callander, With Coverage of it to come, anyway.

Screenshot_20160625-120408.thumb.png.a09

they had no Shots on Target before the90th minute what a joke

Edited by M4cc4n4
4 minutes ago, Risheek said:

I see you are doing it. Nice :) McGinn is a beast and I remember this exact same thing happening in my latest season. Against Rangers. Scored on 88th and 90+1. B4 that Rangers had more possession, shots and shots on target. Just saying

Hoping it will be a bit fun with Ross County as they aren't the best team in the league and will give me a bit of a challenge. I'm just in my first season, Hope to get some material up soon, 

There is no such thing as scripting, and the matches are simulated kick by kick rather than generating 'action' to match a predefined result.

2 hours ago, Alari said:

There is no such thing as scripting, and the matches are simulated kick by kick rather than generating 'action' to match a predefined result.

It's very realistic that's too much for some people. 

I just went through a terrible run of form. I was challenging for a top 4 spot in the Vanamara National League with my eyes set on promotion. Then my leading goal scorer gets hurt and I go through 10-12 matches of losses and draws. I had only lost 2 matches until that point!

I'm not jumping up and saying it's BS. I'm managing Bromley and they are a terrible squad lol.

I did have one match where I was down 4-0 with the first 20 minutes with the same guy scoring all four for the opponent. That felt a little lame lol.

This one might just take the cake...

I'd like to mention my team too since I'm in a kind of dream team mode with Barcelona aiming at winning everything in every season. This is the first game of season 5: De Gea; Mário Fernandes, Alaba, Tah, Stones; world class regen, Pogba; Gonçalo Guedes, Neymar; Messi, Gabriel Barbosa. Subs: Lemar, Hazard, Embolo.

MoM wasn't even Rayo's keeper (7), was my wing back Mário Fernandes (8).

Screenshot_2016-07-04-19-04-47.png

Edited by PhiLiz

The formations that typically provoke BS are interesting. On the original engine it was always the 4-4-1 for me, but I managed to break it down eventually with a well rounded 4-1-2-2-1. On the enhanced engine, it's always a 4-4-2. I'll go 1 or 2 up in the first few minutes then they'll change to some boring 4-4-2 and nothing will happen for the rest of the game. Always the same, no matter my formation. Anyone else found the opposition's 4-4-2 to do this?

Last season of my Chesterfield career had a unlucky game as it was in promotion playoffs 2nd leg up (2-1) aggregate vs 6th seed and it was a home game just needed to protect lead and on to next round. Well started out defensive parking the bus ) I know but wanted promotion real bad. So around 20' we actually take the lead as they were pressing and caught them out of position with a quick turnover .. So looking good (3-1) agg now starts getting interesting as they had a player get red carded just before halftime. I'm like got this in the bag so I just make sure defenders fresh and see out the half. Then about 60' I see they switch to 4-4-2 def in commentary thinking  this is great not huge pressure attacking n they need 3 goals. Then they score in the 75' out of nowhere with very little possession and I'm using 5 defenders now with everything set on protecting lead just sent in subs. So it's 3-2 aggregate in 80' and they need that 1 goal to tie it up . Then they use all 3 subs and don't forget they are still only playing with 10vs 11 with red card in first half. I was nervous but time going by said 4 extra minutes and boom goal tied 3-3 on aggregate no idea how they got by still in a 4-4-2 def formation down one man they have scored 2x! And then real kicker comes with 90+4' my solid CB knocks in a cross where there were 6 of my players vs 2 attackers into our own net for the winning own goal to give them the game (3-1) and the playoff (4-3) aggregate.. I couldn't believe it and almost thru my phone out the window as there were enough defenders back to cover the cross and no danger  but seems like cup got some help there . Kinda amazing how they scored 2 with 4-4--2 def setup with only one fwd since down a man ... 

I just took off playing til next day calmed down and guess anger faded and it's kinda part of sports but just hope law of avgs I get to win a BS game vs those odds too , down aggregate, 10v11 men, and score in injury time vs full blown defensive wall /tactics by cpu. 

Notice how the goal comes early on. Shortly after half time Bordeaux switched to a 4-4-2 (as every team does) and virtually nothing happens my way after that. I was even held to a 0-0 by it once despite my opposition who were from a league below me having 2 men sent off, unfortunately I don't have a screenshot for that one though. The fact that a goal was ruled offside really leads me to believe that this off of thing is scripted, and how SI employees can keep coming out and saying otherwise I don't know. This happens far to frequently in the game across many saves and formation for it to just be bad luck. The 4-4-2 needs a nerf anyway ?

Screenshot_2016-07-05-12-39-02.thumb.png

2 minutes ago, M4cc4n4 said:

Erm, What they have 2 Clear cut Chances score; yet my players cant seem to hit a freaking barn door.Screenshot_20160706-144202.thumb.png.446

It's very realistic that's to much for some people