Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics 4-4-2 defensive ruins the whole game

I have been playing FMM for some months now and im currently playing on a save with Milan. The first season I just lost the Serie A title to Juve in the last round and Im currently half way through the second season.

The first season I played a 4-2-2-2 attacking formation with short passes either down both flanks or mixed. The roles would be: 2 central defenders, 2 wing backs, 2 central midfielders, 2 inside forwards, a poacher, and Bacca in the Trequatista role.

Every game i started i would create around 10 shots on goal in the first 30 minutes. After 30 minutes the opposition would always change to 4-4-1-1 defensive with passes down both flanks. My counter would always be to put the poacher as AM with an IF role and change WBs to FBs. This almost always resulted in the same amount of chances created for me as in the first 30 min. Shortly after they would changed to the same tactic but in 4-4-2 formation and the game would almost stop. No more chances would be created in the game (no matter the oponent). The only difference between games after the opposition had made these changes would be whether the opponent scores 0 or up to 3 goals (most commonly 2) on the very few counters they would get.

Im now in my second season and every opponent starts with the 4-4-2 defensive with passes down both flanks and pressing, counter, and men behind ball (The only exeption is the champions league. So I still beat their asses). Im placed mid-table right now in the Serie A even though my best lineup has got almost as good stats as Barcas best lineup.

I have been trying loads of different playing styles to beat this 4-4-2 trying to play more down the flanks or down the middle, long or direct passes, 3 central defenders or central midfielders or even 3 attackers, or with defensive mentality and so on, but they still manage to score on the few counters they get and the outcome is rarely different. The most of the matches end 0-0 or 1-1 and it seems to me that the game is bugged this way. It is not my first career this is happening and Im loosing the will to play the game.

If anyone has got any experience with a tactic that is effective against this 4-4-2 monstrosity, please share your experience so i can go back to whooping ass!! :)

Hi mate 

I'm not experienced in creating tactics and I'm not sure what engine your using but I can recommend two tactics which I know are pretty good

Original Match Engine - PriZe's Black Pearl

Enhanced Match Engine- The Very Beast Tactic

I have found these tactic to be reliable no matter what team you play as and I used the Very Beast Tactic with AFC Wimbledon in my first season in the premier league.

I find that 2016 FMM is really basic about players and tactics.

- Top Players are really top (too top). You have some killing player and they really ruin the game.

- Every tactics stop working after 1 or 2 seasons (at most). Just change 2 or 3 thing and everything change...

- Evogen is predictable and no matter where you are in the game (2016 or 2025) you always know who will be strong or not.

And the 4-4-2 thing... well, you have to handle it but it's really not that difficult with good players. With mid tier players... well good luck :)