Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Who Should I Pick for my 1K challenge????

Taff

Hello to all my fellow Vibers Taff here and I'm looking for some help and hopefully a bit of fun

I'm going to try my first ever attempt at the 1K goal challenge and I'm doing it in the English Premier League with the Mighty Gunners, Now I have my team I have my tactic and I have made two significant transfers in John Stone and Leon Goretzka

But my question is who will be my main man in my attempt to find the holy grail of 1000 goals in the English Premier League, I have roughly £25M to spend

Now Here's where I need your Help, below are 10 potential candidates for you to chose from and we have until 1400hrs Sunday to pick him.

so without further ado here are my 10 potential strikers (in no particular order)

1. Kelechi Iheanacho

So after a pretty good season with Man City this year this young talent could be a future star he has decent stats and good movement and stamina but could he function as my sole striker?

IMG_6106.thumb.PNG.0ca53a13bfec9def69d34

2. Chuba Akpom

Since I'm using Arsenal this could be a good choice already having him in the squad I must admit I always leave him alone so no idea if he could step up but greens in movment and pace could be a viable option?

IMG_6109.thumb.PNG.2587d1a60a099133328f9

3. Gabriel Barbosa

Now this is the young man of many a TT or 1K attempts but truthfully he has never produced the goods when I've bought him, but he is a star in the game for most so should I give this young Brazilian another go the first in the list with green stats for shooting maybe Barbosa could light up the EPL?

IMG_6110.thumb.PNG.aba73331ea8955547358d

4. M'Baye Niang 

Now here is a player who has been producing the goods for me in another Challenge and has an excellent set of stats in dribbling, passing shooting and pace but will AC Milan let him go for less than £25M?

IMG_6111.thumb.PNG.fb120781560904c5623ee

5. Timo Werner

The young German was a favourite of mine in previous versions of the game as a decent backup striker, but can he now hold his own with the big boys, with stronger pace and shooting stats than some on this list maybe he can break his way into the record books?

IMG_6112.thumb.PNG.1855d2286447c700403a5

6. Adalberto Penaranda 

I know nothing of this young Venezuelan but saw him with some interesting stats and added him to my potential options, with many green stats and with good decisions, dribbling and teamwork could this unknown be the one?

IMG_6114.thumb.PNG.b6fa91c2928722a91f993

7. Breel Embolo

Another in the mould of Barbosa, this young Swiss player comes recommended by many other Vibers but again has not really come through for me but he is a viable option but with only one green stat in dribbling is he the best option?

IMG_6115.thumb.PNG.a5cfbf641b062376709fa

8. Richairo Zivkovic

A true FMM favourite of mine he has been a staple in most teams and most challenges I've done green stats for shooting and pace but his stamina is very low and as I've used him so much maybe it would be a nice change of scenery to choose someone else but is he the man you want to see up front for me?

IMG_6116.thumb.PNG.4a82c43ab05d26bbfabd9

9. Luka Jovic

A wonderkid is previous versions of the game, I haven't seen his name crop up anywhere on this years version of the game, and probably the lowest stats on the list don't fill me with confidence but could this be the opportunity to bring Jovic out of the Shadows and into glory?

IMG_6117.thumb.PNG.a87492fc9d260dec9b518

10. Ayoze Perez

And Finally the man from Tyneside who helped my Newport Co team in last years version of the game and at 21 could be the ideal age for the challenge, green stats in some key area but not in shooting or pace could hurt his chances plus the fact Newcastle may begrudge letting him go, but if I can snag him can he be the flying bullet for my gunners?

IMG_6118.thumb.PNG.cb6ae3e7c2b13deaf1fd5

So there you have them 10 viable options but now I'm leaving it to you, the player with the highest votes by 1400hrs on Sunday will become my striker so please vote and comment 

Adalberto Penaranda would be a good choice. I have used him briefly at Watford and he was very good at INF not sure how he would do at striker, still probably be good. And I don't think anyone  has used him for a 1k before

Edited by Rjgreeno

Personally I think the beauty of this challenge is finding your own unique player. Uniqueness is key to standing out on Vibe and a number of those have been done over the years (1, 3, 4, 7, 8 - Werner and Akpom might have been done but not sure, hard to remember lol). 

From what you've said I'd say Werner as he's the one you connect with and haven't used year. 

Penaranda or jovic for me, I want to do this challenge myself but hitting them really high numbers on eme seems to much for me.

37 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

Penaranda or jovic for me, I want to do this challenge myself but hitting them really high numbers on eme seems to much for me.

I've never even contemplated it myself but I thought what the hell let's give it a go

Thanks for all the votes and comments so far guys

Monday I started a TT with Berardi, Barbosa and Niang.

Barbosa 25 goals in 42 games.

Niang 22 goals in 30 games (injuried).

Berardi: 45 goals in 47 games. He isn't on the list but he's a fucking god.

2 hours ago, Creeper69 said:

Monday I started a TT with Berardi, Barbosa and Niang.

Barbosa 25 goals in 42 games.

Niang 22 goals in 30 games (injuried).

Berardi: 45 goals in 47 games. He isn't on the list but he's a fucking god.

Could we be looking at an outside contender?

I've used Jovic before but he can barely hit 35-40 goals in Holland so I don't know how he'll perform in the EPL. Also I wish you luck with EME

OK guys deadline day and it looks like a tie between Werner and Penaranda and as much as I'd like to use either of these two I think I'll save Penaranda as I can use him in my current Villa save Werner's scout report came back with "not much difference between Werner and Akpom" and to be honest I like what @halamadrid said about using Apkom as he's already at the club and unused by me and an English player to try and set the EPL alight so thank's for all the comments and votes but I think Akpom is my man for my 1K challenge    

I'm sorry if I upset everyone by ignoring the vote I really do appreciate all the comments but this has to be my choice ultimately and Akpom is my choice, I'll post a thread in Stories once the first season is over

11 minutes ago, halamadrid said:

Good luck mate! 

cheers dude, he's going well 5 goals in 4 games I think I've made the right call

Edited by Taff

Good choice mate, looking forward to this a lot as I'm an eme player to so wanna see what kind of numbers you hit. Also what tactic will you use for this?

5 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

Good luck mate, just checked your tactic looks really good but id be a bit worried with 2 IF grabbing all the goals.

Look at the 2nd or 3rd page I changed the tactic around slightly it uses one IF one W a CM and BBM in the midfield an ADF upfront and two CD's and a BPD at the back

3 minutes ago, Taff said:

Look at the 2nd or 3rd page I changed the tactic around slightly it uses one IF one W a CM and BBM in the midfield an ADF upfront and two CD's and a BPD at the back

Yh just seen it now mate, looking forward to ya first update.

3 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

Yh just seen it now mate, looking forward to ya first update.

The way today is going I'll have it up in 2 hours (so bored)

Good, this is a challenge that I've always wanted to try but dont think I'd be able hit the high 70s and 80s on the eme engine. Hopefully you'll show it can be done mate, I've got three very good players in mind if I do attempt it.

12 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

Good, this is a challenge that I've always wanted to try but dont think I'd be able hit the high 70s and 80s on the eme engine. Hopefully you'll show it can be done mate, I've got three very good players in mind if I do attempt it.

He's not to hot so far but he's young and hopefully can only improve 

1 minute ago, Joewins said:

As a strict EME'er this is what I've been waiting for!

Cheers dude, I'm starting to feel the pressure now with all the EME users watching me

For @Mikee1984 at the begining of JAN he's 18 goals for 28 games, not awful but could be better

4 minutes ago, Taff said:

Cheers dude, I'm starting to feel the pressure now with all the EME users watching me

For @Mikee1984 at the begining of JAN he's 18 goals for 28 games, not awful but could be better

Haha pressure, what's that lol and nice start mate hopefully get closer to a goal a game before season ends.

15 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

Haha pressure, what's that lol and nice start mate hopefully get closer to a goal a game before season ends.

Pressure I thrive under pressure lol yeah a decent start might swap tactics next season to see if it helps