Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Jose vs Pep: The Manchester Derby

Jose vs. Pep: The Manchester Derby

José Mourinho and Josep Guardiola are two of the most famous and sports managers in the world. These two talented football coaches became best enemies in the Spanish Championship when, in 2010, Mourinho was signed by Real Madrid to end the reign of Pep Guardiola's FC Barcelona. During the following two years, La Liga became a battlefield where these two brilliant football strategists rallied the best footballers in world in a series of very intense matches. Guardiola left Barcelona in 2012 and Mourinho was sacked from Real Madrid in 2013.

However, Mou and Pep are set to renew their rivalary very soon in the English Premiership. Manchester City signed Guardiola to a three-year contract to replace Manuel Pellegrini, another Pep's long-time rival from his time at Barcelona.

Mourinho has also signed three-year contract with Manchester United, at the end of May, to replace the failure of LVG, a man he worked under at Barcelona. Pep and Mou have reached success with different styles. Mou has been often considered a more pragmatic coach and Guardiola's teams more pleasing to the eye. 

José Mourinho

Mourinho has won the league and cup in four different major football leagues.2013), Chelsea (20132010), Real Madrid (2010 (2008) Inter Milan worked as interpreter and assistant for Sir Bobby Robson at Sporting CP, Porto and FC Barcelona. He also worked for Louis Van Gaal in Barcelona before starting a very successful managerial career in Portugal, Italy, England and Spain. He managed Benfica (2000), União de Leiria (20012002), Porto (20022004), Chelsea (20042007), Jose Mourinho

Josep Guardiola

Josep Guardiola has been a captain of the Barcelona team and a very successful one at that. As a coach he has managed Barcelona B (2007-2008), Barcelona (20082012) and Bayern Munich (20132016). Guardiola is the only coach who has won the six official competitions in one year. 

Head to Head

Jose and Pep have played 16 games in total, and this is how it looks like

Played                                     

Guardiola Wins                           

Mourinho Wins                            

Draws                                         

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3435397/How-Pep-Guardiola-eclipsed-Jose-Mourinho-ready-round-bitter-rivalry-football.html#ixzz4C1PAD6kN 

On paper, Pep is the better manager amassing 7 wins to Jose's measly 3 in games where they went against each other

Trophies

Jose

Pep

Domestic Leagues

Domestic Cups

Domestic Super Cups

Champions Leagues

Europa League

-

UEFA Super Cup

-

Club World Cups

-

Total

Yes, Jose has more trophies than Pep. Although, he doesn't have the Super Cup and Club World Cups, he has made up for it. Jose Mourinho has trophies from Portugal, Italy, Spain and England! The fact, he has managed in England will also help in proving that Jose is fit for Utd.

Win Ratio

5767f76ec205e_WinRatioJosevPep.png.fd27f

Source: www.transfermarkt.com

Pep Guardiola has 74.3% of wins compared to Jose's 66.3%. However, Jose's anti-football got him 19.7% compared to Pep's 15.4% of draws and you can do the math for the losses.

Largest signings

Mourinho's Diego Costa

For those who did not know, Diego Costa was Mou's biggest signing for a fee of 32M activating his release clause. Costa scored in his debut match and went on to be joint PFA winner with Harry Kane. He also scored 20 goals in 26 appearances in his debut sesonmaking him a hit, however there were some disciplinary issues with him, as we all remember.

Pep's Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Now this is controversy... Zlatan has played under both coaches but for the sake of simplicity, let's stick to his time in Barcelona. Zlatan was signed from Jose's Inter Milan team for 59M plus Samuel Eto'o. Zlatan assisted in his debut match but only got to score in his third one. Zlatan ended the season on 16 goals in one of Barca's many league winning seasons. Zlatan ended the season in a game against AC Milan after which he claimed his relationship with Pep deteriorated and he made a loan move to AC Milan. This will surely make the PL very interesting with him as an imminent signing for Utd, thus the way I wrote his name.

Simulation

Well, my articles are always incomplete without a simulation, and to complete this article I will have a sim. Let's go forward with the results of my sim!

League Table

IMG_1694.thumb.PNG.bf58d3b170ea10c542b67

Man, do I like that view! United end up in 2nd place behind a over-powered Guus Hiddink Chelsea. It also seems our goal-scoring problems are fixed without hurting our defence too much. With only 5 losses we have the 2nd least amount of losses behind winners Chelsea. Indeed an impressive debut season for Mou

Not that bad of a season for City either. They ended up 4th place behind Arsenal with a considerable amount of point making the differene between both 3rd and 5th place. Pep brought in a decent amount of goals, however, it seems that his defence let him down this season. something he will look to improve next season...

Manchester Derby

Derby 1

5767f4031d91e_Derby1.thumb.png.eb8b0fab4

Played at the Ethiad, Man City received a full performance from the Red Devils as they were beat 0-2 and i can only wander who scored.

Derby 2

5767f43bc446e_Derby2.thumb.png.e0a011e55

When the men in Red, went back to their home turf, they received full backing from the home fans as they grabbed a 2-1 victory, while City offered some resistance. However, that was not enough to get the game back

Transfers

Man Utd                                                                  

IMG_1695.thumb.PNG.63085cc96cbaa2325af91

Man City

IMG_1706.thumb.PNG.5337a8e76126287d4b504

Well, you can understand why City had problems in the defence, Pep was too focused on attack! However, he did get the quality of Andriy Yarmolenko and Patrick Herrmann into the side and only getting rid of some deadwood known as Richard Wright.

Jose put faith in the Utd team and only brought in Nuri Sahin to strengthen the midfield. Sahin is not any Paul Pogba but sure made a difference to the side, probably increasing the creativity. Jose, known for buying stars and getting rid of youth, did not buy any notable signing nor did he sell any youth.

Trophies

IMG_1696.thumb.PNG.4697211cea94309171abd

IMG_1697.thumb.PNG.bfbfa8fbea41563ecb620

5767f76d12f20_ManUFACup.thumb.png.0b6ae7

Well, Man City got their revenge for both Manchester Derby legs by edging past Utd on away goals. Then, Utd received a humbling from Arsenal in the Capital One Cup Finals and Utd missed out to Sheffeld Wednesday in the FA Cup 3rd round. All in all a decent debut for Jose

Trophies

IMG_1703.thumb.PNG.cafae03b66d8ba3608d1e

IMG_1704.thumb.PNG.16e505f609b95b3778293

5767f76526046_ManCityCapital.thumb.png.2

Pep finally made it to the UCL Final but lost by the smallest of margins to Atletico. He also made it to the FA Cup Final but once again lost 1-0 to Arsenal. City met Arsenal once again in the Capital One Cup Semi Final but they received a aggregate humbling from them. Pep should be happy with what he has got in his 1st season!

Something Weird!!!

IMG_1693.thumb.PNG.ca7fc92afb81b716700e8

Just wanted to share with you guys something weird that I saw !!! How does this make any sense? Rooney in defence, Johnstone over De Gea. But strangest of all, Mourinho using youth!!! And they still achieved 2nd place. This is beyond me...

End Off

Thanks for reading guys. It took a lot of work to do this so do not hesitate to comment or like.

I used the 1st edition of the transfer update, so thank you to @Deniz Canpolat

I used the save Editor to move the managers, so thank you to @JayMarvels for his wonderful editor

Lastly, thank you to you guys for reading this long article

Thank You!

Risheek

Edited by Risheek
1 hour ago, Risheek said:
Pep finally made it to the UCL Final

What do you mean finally when he has won two of them, which you already put in this post

4 minutes ago, Rjgreeno said:

What do you mean finally when he has won two of them, which you already put in this post

Well, at Bayern he did get to only 3 semi final defeats

2 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

Great read mate, just a pointer Richard Wright is a veteran not a youth.

Erm ya, I swear I fixed the that. Technology these days... Thanks mate

Kind of wish you wrote it in an unbiased manner and had a conclusion that you could draw that was a bit like TL;DR but it was a great, thought provoking piece. Well done.

30 minutes ago, Dec said:

Kind of wish you wrote it in an unbiased manner and had a conclusion that you could draw that was a bit like TL;DR but it was a great, thought provoking piece. Well done.

I was trying my best, but a football fan is a football fan...

Thanks though

Hey @Risheek- So I did something similar where I put the incoming managers in their respective clubs. Below are the results.

Jose pretty much won everything except for the Champions League and one other domestic cup.

image.png

image.png

image.png

4 minutes ago, JAY LEAF said:

Hey @Risheek- So I did something similar where I put the incoming managers in their respective clubs. Below are the results.

Jose pretty much won everything except for the Champions League and one other domestic cup.

image.png

image.png

image.png

HAHA, I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that sacked message. Absolutely amazing. However, highly unlikely, its good.that I tried. Out of interest, who were Jose's transfers