Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Risheek's Sir Alex Ferguson Challenge

Risheek's The Sir Alex Ferguson Challenge

So, there I was. Sitting in my room, watching a replay of that 8-2 Man Utd vs Arsenal game, and then the face of Sir Alex came up. I thought to myself, "Man, that was one great man". Since then, I was crazy in replicating his success in FMM. I watched countless FM SAF Challenge videos to get prepared, checked out all the different threads, and decided, no, this is not all I want to do. So, I started using my mind, and made this whole challenge and thought, It's time. Thus, I bring to you... My Sir Alex Ferguson Challenge

My Lucky Team

So, as per the rules I set, you can start with any Scottish team, other than Celtic. The possibilities were there... Rangers, Dundee, Queens Park( Who am I kidding :laugh:). But I though to myself, do I really want these teams? Why not the legendary team itself, Aberdeen!

So, here it is! I have started the challenge with Aberdeen. This team hosts a variety of players, who fit extremely well together and they are also in the qualifying rounds for the Europa, so I thought,"What the Heck, let's go! 

Thanks for reading guys and I hope you all will stay with me through out this Long, Long, Long journey as I will surely need your support along the way.

Risheek

image.png

Edited by Risheek
5 minutes ago, Taff said:

I'd love to just have to finish the other 4 careers I have going at the moment 

Hmmm... You have a point there ;) 

Season 1 hopefully coming out by the end of the week, I'm still in mid season though...

21 minutes ago, Risheek said:

Hmmm... You have a point there ;) 

Season 1 hopefully coming out by the end of the week, I'm still in mid season though...

No worries dude, I'm working on season 3 of my 1K attempt plus a season with Villa testing a tactic plus my 80's Milan go Dutch Challenge and my follow the Zlat one but this is my next one once one of them is over

29 minutes ago, Taff said:

No worries dude, I'm working on season 3 of my 1K attempt plus a season with Villa testing a tactic plus my 80's Milan go Dutch Challenge and my follow the Zlat one but this is my next one once one of them is over

Man, just wow. How do you have so much time?! Well good luck to you for all those challenges. Wow

28 minutes ago, Risheek said:

Man, just wow. How do you have so much time?! Well good luck to you for all those challenges. Wow

A very easy and boring job gives me some time most days, but I tend to go season by season, finish a season in one challenge and then to a season in another

7 minutes ago, Taff said:

A very easy and boring job gives me some time most days, but I tend to go season by season, finish a season in one challenge and then to a season in another

Ah, well. A very hard and boring school life gives me very less time to play... :P 

1 hour ago, Lunar Strike said:

Ah taft no wonder you never really lose interst in the challenges ahahha

btw really looking foward to this good luck!

Thanks mate

Risheek's SAF Challenge

Season 1

Transfers

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.720e078611504b283f56d597

image.thumb.png.8a017da0619079d0c885264eNot many of you know of Aberdeen that well, and I'm one of you. So, like I always do with a relatively new team... I didn't make that many signing. The only man going off was Graeme Shinnie, a defender, to QPR as it was the right price and coming in was Paul Quinn as I looked to strengthen the average midfield of mine, as my tactic is quite based on good midfielders

Europa League

image.thumb.png.66c791eec925f002774977ef

It was a very one sided game from the start. McGinn started it off and Adam Rooney followed doubling the lead. However, towards the last 20 minutes of the game, Porto started showing some resistance and got almost 3 shots. But, my Aberdeen team weathered the storm and only let in a single goal, clinching the Europa!

League

image.thumb.png.246c329da612669d72b69441

The table speaks for itself! Celtic and myself were tied on GD during mid-December and it stayed like that all the way until March when Celtic started to lose or draw many of their games, allowing us the win the title with 4 games to spare(If I'm not wrong). We had some problems at the front towards the end if the season, with Rooney and McGinn not firing, however, my solid Defence kept us in with fine displays 

Domestic Cups

image.thumb.png.f15422c8e9b5ae7add85b162

It was a hard fought battle with Celtic. They were obviously the better team and that lead to extra time coming into play. However, a tackle on McGinn meant that Rooney could slot it in and bring us home. For the first time in the season, my tactical changes throughout the game failed to work. :( 

image.thumb.png.21517ed49461f7dfb50d41c4

The second Domestic Cup Wasn't easy task get as well. Even though our possession was great, the attack wasn't building the play good enough and gave away many opportunities. When extra time proved futile, it was up to the lottery of the penalty shootout which we comfortable won.

Other Information

Look in here for information such as the POTY, etc

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4483cb523938dd8931ea0597

image.thumb.png.7e8a88585aad5cb2dd6f9e00

image.thumb.png.221a04d70cef95e71d9f301c

image.thumb.png.2cc2c957ebb4b51db303538d

It was raining awards for me, but, I dedicate it to the team. Who am I kidding, I'm a great manager ;) 

image.thumb.png.3732abfd9649b088a2dc4847

My attacking duo picked up winner and runner up for the POTY award. A great duo, I am gonna keep till I leave...

image.thumb.png.324cbb8561094305cfa93038

image.thumb.png.b7994cb8e84b12efd197ccdb

There were a healthy amount of goals and assists in the team however, I would have welcomed a couple more with open arms

Season Review

image.thumb.jpeg.d4eb47f06ff68169016169c

A Massive season as I win the quadruple in my debut season. However, every cup had its challenges. The Domestic Cup had Celtic waiting for me on either the quarters or the semis. And don't get me started on the Europa. It was a hard fought battle there with us coming face to face with PAOK, Villareal, Dnipro and of course Porto. A great season which has made my life easier. 

What's Left!!!

Spoiler
  • The European Super Cup
  • 2 Domestic Cups
  • 2 League Cups

Thanks for viewing guys. I hope you enjoyed yourself and continue to support me in this challenge that I have decided to commit suicide with...

Once again thank you for viewing and please remember to leave a comment.

:) 

Edited by Risheek

Fantastic debut season dude, couldn't have asked for more KIU will be following this to the death (I mean the end not your possible suicide lol)

Just now, Taff said:

Fantastic debut season dude, couldn't have asked for more KIU will be following this to the death (I mean the end not your possible suicide lol)

Thks mate. Of course you mean that... ;) 

8 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

Wow what a season mate your making Aberdeen look like barca :) KIU

Nah, a combination of tactical changes.at the right time and a team striving to be the best is all.it takes. But I have to say I have been pretty lucky. Porto somehow.defeated Liv 2~0 to follow us into.the final. Would'be hates.to go against the team I lost both times to.in the grp stages... 

Thanks for your support :) 

1 hour ago, Mikee1984 said:

Hey mate we make our own luck so fair play on that epic season, gotta admit I was shocked u cleaned up in your first season.

Haha, it didn't come easy. In the start I used to spend up to 10 minutes analysing the next oppponent just to find out that they changed.tactic, everything was.futile. So thanks

Just now, Real_Random said:

Looking good mate. Hopefully you can get this done within the 4 season limit you've imposed.

Thanks for your support mate

38 minutes ago, JAY LEAF said:

What tactic did u use?

I used to change through out the match. Would enter the match with a tactjc similar to that of the 2~1 Cup Winners Cup Aberdeen win against Real. But, at the start of the game I would look at their player roles and instructions then change it accordingly. If I was not the better side, i would change again. There was no tactic I would stick to for a long period of time

Risheek's SAF Challenge

Season 2

Transfers

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b8f3a20fa68ed97e26cdcea3

image.thumb.png.730eef50db6600b73831bdc3

image.thumb.png.b738d1175e8d14e580d5f2b3

image.thumb.png.8399bdaa0cea3cb2ab86fffb

image.png

I remember I had said I was going to keep the McGinn and Rooney duos till I leave, but I then realised, this duo was the reason of my lack of goals, so the less successful one left. However, to replace him, In January I brought in a certain Swedish striker and to help my Aging keeper, a certain Italian keeper. TBH, this was for the future, so that I have ripe good players who don't cost much at the next club I join. It just happened to be regens that I chose. A few others also left, will in the summer I made, the signing of Southampton's Harrison Reed, however, due to a left than impressive spell he left for Malmö as par of the deal for my youngster Natale. There were many releases, many. They were all mostly youth with a few Aging players. I brought in Antonio Nata,e and a certain Italian keeper just to discover they were not fit enough and would tire easily for games, so, I realised them just 3 months into their contract. A few players coming in on loan to support the wings and a lone defender from Spain. Insua was also sent back as he failed to make an impact in the 6 games he started.

League

image.thumb.png.b2cdf8fc8d8f53d51818db04

Winning the league for the second time in 2 years, however, this one was not so straight forward where we had to fight it out with Celtic till the last day of the season. Once again, very less goals but the most solid Defence in the league. I becoming a certain United, aren't I? ;) 

My journey in Europe

image.thumb.png.7728b915c167007f390a86be

Unfortunateky, we got the group of death for my first UCL campaign where I dominated the 2nd spot but the 2 losses to PSG cost me on GD, and a last day narrow loss to Feyenoord meant we would return to the Europa

image.thumb.png.fc9f5e3b791c01d84297802b

'I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody Hell'-Sir Alex Ferguson,1999/ Risheek Sharma 2016

Dont, ask me how but we somehow got FCP again, but this time in the quarterfinals. It was a generally poor match, with Aberdeen not converting the possession and shots while FCP scored all their shots on target. I was gutted as I was obviously the better team. FCP, remembered the last season finale humbling and came out a hungry team. 

image.thumb.png.eab42521c37c0e5cab20a608

We did not come back, empty handed from Europe though. We managed to complete another trophy with a penalty win against Sevilla. They were the better team and pure luck managed to bring this game to half time and by gods grace, we managed to edge past them. Starting to love my keeper

Domestic Cups

image.thumb.png.169ea792212b2a23b9a07cc0

Anothr poor game with the strikers not converting and the Defence showing itself to be leaky, however, I have to give it to Natale, he's doing a fine job at the back. The match turned to extra-time where a tackle on Larrson gave Rooney the chance to put it away and win us the game.

image.thumb.png.bf0f57214ab42942118dde21

We met rivals, Celtic in the Quater finals where they showed some class and knocked us out. A good philosophy," if not the league, then the Scottish Cup" Again, we were the better side in terms of possession however, there was a lack of chances created. I need to chalk my midfield again, don't I?

Extra stuff

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6ee46714d55ea9ebb58213ce

image.thumb.png.4e903fe861c98869532e8d67

Not many awards this time, but, I'm not doing it for the glory. Wait, I am. I would've have wanted a bit more, but I'll take what I can get.

image.thumb.png.3f4cd2fff04d93958ee9fec9

I am now ranked no.3. Whichever lucky team I am going to manage are going to get themselves a very good manager indeed ;) 

Season Review

So this time, we had somewhat of a treble but more importantly 3 trophies, including the prestigious Super Cup are now out if the way. 

What's Left!!!

Spoiler

1 Domestic League

1 Domestic Cup

Thanks for reading guys. I am looking to wrap up Scotland by the next season, so that I have more time to become SAF and because this team is killing me. They aren't able to score and the money u am investing in the wings is outrageous for a Scottish team, without any results. Stay tuned as I hope to finish Part 1 in style

Thanks for reading

Risheek

Edited by Risheek
21 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

So close now mate hopefully you can finish this with a season to spare 

Yah mate, the extra season will.be useful in the long run. Thke for the support