Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Dreaming of Crossing the Irish Sea.

SEASON FIVE

OMG!!!

We are up again!!!!  This season my friends, quite unbelievably we have managed to win League One & and the JPT!!

We started very slowly and had to use the first 12 games to find the right adjustment to our main tactic since losing Jovanovic and accommodating Quintilla.  We started to settle down once finding the right balance.  It was obvious from the start that many of the trusted squad that performed so well in League 2 were now clearly out of their depth as 5 first team members struggled to make the step up.  This was the main reason for the adjustment to the tactics.  The season felt very much like season 3 where every game felt like an absolute battle and could have gone either way.  Going into the final game of the season any one of the top 6 teams could have won the league title, that's how close it was!

I have to admit, with so many players struggling to make the step up we relied so heavily on our new Superstar Quintilla.  Quintilla finished as our top scorer, highest assists and highest average rating!  He got injured twice throughout the season and our results immediately dipped.  He was so often the match winner in 1-0 and 2-1 wins.  Next season will definitely be a year of change for Whitehawk and quality reinforcements will be required just to prevent us from falling back into League One.

So here are the juicy bits you all want to see, enough of me rambling on!

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Massey127

Transfer Update.

It's currently 1st July in pre season and we are really struggling to attract players that will improve the squad.  Proving very difficult to hold onto our stars too.

We have had to let a few of the old guard go now they are out of their depth so we have our work cut out in this transfer window!

We have £1.1m to spend but it's just the reputation of our club that restricts us.

It's a challenge though and we will keep on fighting until we get that one gem!!!

Have you got a good holding midfielder?  Why kind of tactic do you play?

Have you tried Upexchanging players, for example, I used my high value crap players or High wagers and use them to trade for a better player which will cost less wages.

Never underestimate loans too.

Edited by M4cc4n4

Transfer Dealings

A year of change with many old guard now considered obsolete leaving the club and replaced with new blood!

Ladies and Gentlemen I introduce you to Le Tallec, Schubert, Gomis and Gunnarsson.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Amazing run love seeing the little guys make a run. Just crazy how your seasons are so close at the end.. Don't take a big club offer resist it !! Once you get Whitehawk to BPL/Europe which with your luck seems very close then prob think of going to big club if board never increase stadium, training ground, budgets , staff etc as you will hit a wall but might not as you are killing it.

I got stuck in my Chesterfield save lost in playoffs year 1 then took step back had to sell n get budget in line year 2 finished 8th then finally year 3 got promoted thru playoffs . It's crazy going thru playoffs wish could win it outright like you did . Board is stingy here to in preseason for Championship promotion and budget $1.2m avoid relegation or can get $2.3 win league which don't see happening tbh had to take avoid relegation and needed to dump bunch old weight from L1 years. 

How are loans going for you ? Seems I can't get a whiff of any players they reject 100% ,50%, 0% 3 months, 6 months, end of season it's crazy . 

Great finds in your transfers as I'm frustrated just getting news left n right of other clubs in my league buying players for millions and wages are even $1m plus a year my highest allowed is $400k yr ...

Perfect timing winning the JPT last year you are in it, kinda regret promotion not winning it before moving up to championship. 

The struggle is real brother hard to use wonder kids if they don't wanna come or are way over budget . 

SEASON SIX

Do you dare to dream?!

This season in the notoriously difficult Championship the strategy was the same as previous seasons - exit the cups ASAP and give the league everything.

WE WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

It has been a difficult season with many of my best players wanting to move to bigger clubs and that has been all season long.

To put into perspective Whitehawk winning the Championship I have included many screenshots below.  The reputation of our club must still be that of a L1 club as even against many L1 clubs we were never the favourites.  Our stadium was definitely the smallest of all the Championship clubs with only 11k seats and average training facilities.

The success in gaining 5 promotions in a row with Whitehawk has purely been down to recruitment and tactical awareness.

Here is my starting 11 and how much they cost:-

GK - McHugh - £70k

DR - Last - £140k

DL - Menez - £10k

DC - Le Tallec - £20k

DC - O'Brien - £20k

DMC - Maric - £50k

MC - Gunnarsson - £85k

AMR - Young - Academy

AML - Quintilla - £140k

FC - Schubert - £450k

FC - Gomis - Loan

TOTAL COST OF THIS STARTING 11 = £985k!!!! not even £1m!!!

With Schubert costing almost half of that alone there was big expectations and he did not fail to live up to these and turned out to be quite a gem!

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

The way you've managed the transfers dude I cant wait to see what you do with that kind of money

and a huge congrats on 5 consecutive promotions what an achievement

KIU 

Remember this guy?  He is the defender I bought for £65k and sold for £1.1m.  Well I included a sell on clause also and have now just pocketed another £625k.  That's a total of £1.7m and a profit of more than £1.6m!  Add that to the kitty thank you very much.

1 hour ago, Taff said:

The way you've managed the transfers dude I cant wait to see what you do with that kind of money

and a huge congrats on 5 consecutive promotions what an achievement

KIU 

Hi Taff, thanks mate.  

Again the biggest challenge is keeping hold of what I have and my reputation is shocking as I still struggle to attract anyone who will add value to our team!

I will not give up though!

Gotta agree with Taff . You have done a fantastic job and should feel proud for your great achievements with lowly Whitehawk. Congratulations and you deserve that transfer money. You might want to search for Messi and Ronaldo's Regen to help your team

20 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Gotta agree with Taff . You have done a fantastic job and should feel proud for your great achievements with lowly Whitehawk. Congratulations and you deserve that transfer money. You might want to search for Messi and Ronaldo's Regen to help your team

I concur with @Real_Random regens might be the way to go as they are great players but will sometimes sign for smaller clubs

Many thanks to you both for you help and advice.  I have searched all regens and unfortunately all the good ones have already turned up at the bigger clubs.  Messi is still only 34 and it's funny you mention Ronaldo, he has just been released by Madrid and he is interested in joining our club lol.

Sad news regarding Conor McHugh (Givens evogen) he would not sign a new contract and I lost him to Spurs but I did get £4.5m for him. ? Bitter sweet moment.

image.png

Just amazing bro. I just hit the Championship and I'm stuck in the bottom 3 with Chesterfield as like you our training, wages, and stadium are the smallest in the division. I cant believe all those transfers worked out so well I seem to always get 1 or 2 that fizzle about a year or so later bu yours have nice blue/green stats for such a small club. Cant wait to see what you do in the BPL will have prob longer odds than Leicester City did this year,

Wow you didn't just win the league you destroyed them with 11 points and +60 goal diff!!!!

Could you post the end of year screenshots also in future updates that show award winners, top scorers and winners of ther leagues just to get a picture of the footballverse you are in...

How did you get Schubert to 20 Stamina ? Seems he played every game for you including cups which I find is hard to do as players tired for games close to each other, have a unhappy period  or get an injury over the course of the season?? Dude is a Beast.

15 hours ago, DIRECTFX said:

Just amazing bro. I just hit the Championship and I'm stuck in the bottom 3 with Chesterfield as like you our training, wages, and stadium are the smallest in the division. I cant believe all those transfers worked out so well I seem to always get 1 or 2 that fizzle about a year or so later bu yours have nice blue/green stats for such a small club. Cant wait to see what you do in the BPL will have prob longer odds than Leicester City did this year,

Wow you didn't just win the league you destroyed them with 11 points and +60 goal diff!!!!

Could you post the end of year screenshots also in future updates that show award winners, top scorers and winners of ther leagues just to get a picture of the footballverse you are in...

How did you get Schubert to 20 Stamina ? Seems he played every game for you including cups which I find is hard to do as players tired for games close to each other, have a unhappy period  or get an injury over the course of the season?? Dude is a Beast.

Hi, thanks again for your support mate. 

I can include as much detail at end of season as you wish so will include the requested going forward.

I have never suffered from tired players or any player complaining about my schedules.  Every single player goes on intensive fitness training from 1st June - 31st July then straight back onto their respective intensive training.  It has always worked fantastically well for me.

I will add a few screenshots of the schedules I use.

Training schedules have been like this from the start.  I use the technical schedule to tailor a specific schedule for any player.  

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

2 hours ago, Massey127 said:

Hi, thanks again for your support mate. 

I can include as much detail at end of season as you wish so will include the requested going forward.

I have never suffered from tired players or any player complaining about my schedules.  Every single player goes on intensive fitness training from 1st June - 31st July then straight back onto their respective intensive training.  It has always worked fantastically well for me.

I will add a few screenshots of the schedules I use.

I have been doing the same from June-July also ut it seems players lose some stamina over the season or they are down to 80% condition and can't use them for games played close together.... I have been using the Intnsive training setup on here Ill take a try at yours and maybe will help.

I just got a big list of regens when I was looking in my save but same thing all with big clubs and $20m + so def cant afford them.

Nice start to the season, very surprised that the competition hasn't won a bit more as now in BPL your team should be overwhelmed at every position talent wise and thought it would overtake tactics unless you go in a defensive ball and go for ties and steal some 1-0 late winners. I was def wrong as you manhandling them again 3-0 breeze.

I don't know if I missed it but what did u spend the I owe you unlockable on? Plus what does the board have for expectations this year?

If you are wondering about the reputation thing you can check team/manager reputation using the free save editor on here

Or you can check the reputation using the in game editor you need to buy.

Hi, I used my "I Owe you" for the seating capacity upgrade.

See my clubs info below.

My team have developed nicely considering the training and considering the screenshots are of them having just come off fitness for two months their defensive and attacking stats will improve over the next month or so.  The main thing though is my players have decent stats in the places that matter, they may not be as well rounded as the opposition but they are consistent and to me that is much more important.

Board expectations were to battle against relegation but I selected to avoid relegation.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

First 3 games of Premiership and we are not afraid of anyone now!

Beat Everton in first game, drew against Watford in 2 no game and now beat Chelsea 3-1 in third game.

Transfer update will be posted once window closes.

@DIRECTFX the only way to manage the fitness when the games come thick and fast is to always be aware of your upcoming fixtures, for example if I know I will have to play say 3 games in 8 days (3day or less gap in between) then yes you have to be clever about how you use each player.  I concentrate on playing my "Stars" and rotating the rest.  So I will ensure my "Stars" (Schubert, Quintilla and Young) play every game.  They will not last 90 mins but the way I manage it is never start a player less than 90% condition as he will not recover in time so in this instance rest him. As long as he is 90% plus then I will play him but will sub him when he reaches around 75% during the game.  That ensures that he will be 90% + again for the next game.

Thats the way I have always managed my players fitness and it has worked a treat.  I have 4 strikers and four wingers so rotate as often as I can and always planning ahead to keep the three stars for when I need them!

Exiting the cups ASAP is vital for this!

image.png

image.png

image.png

Positional Retrainng

Horvat signed for £55k (another steal) but I bought him for the sole purpose of versatility.  He was bought as a replacement for Sam Deering but in order to provide the versatility of Deering, Horvat would have to learn to play as an AMR as well as his natural AML.  Thought this might be worth sharing his journey through this training phase.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Dude you are killing it beyond words

This tactic your using have you thought about sharing it in the tactic thread because it looks like a beast the way your going.

TRANSFER UPDATE

So the window has now closed and I introduce you to the new footsoldiers that will enter the gladiatorial arena at Whitehawk to compete in the Premiership.

The top 3 signings are Laux, Gomez (2 quality strikers) and Calero (my insanely talented new right Wing Back).  The rest of the incoming soldiers have also proven themselves consistent and reliable performers over the past few seasons at their respective clubs.  

With these new foot soldiers, sadly we must say farewell and thank you to a host of the old guard who have got us where we are today.  

I usually monitor my signings for seasons before I sign them and ensure they are consistent enough before the outlay.  Another player I am keeping an eye on is Lucas Alves (Screenshot below).  I just want to see a bit more from him before deciding whether or not he will be a good addition to our squad so I will monitor him over the next 4 months with a view to potentially adding him in January.  His second nationality is French in case anyone was wondering.

As you will have seen from the most recent posts we have enjoyed quite a solid start to the Premiership and although our pre season expectations were to avoid relegation I am going to stick my neck on the line and fight for a TOP TEN finish (yes in our first season in the Premiership)! 

I believe our new soldiers, main tactic and training will see us through this!

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

With the first ten games played in the Premiership, How do you think we have fared?  

Well incredibly we currently sit 1st after ten games!!!!

We also have our academy prodigy Young become our first player at Whitehawk to be valued at £10m!!!

The future looks promising for the Whitehawk Gladiators!

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Honestly cant give you enough praise dude considering the original objective was to move to a higher club and here you are sitting at the top of the Premier League with Whitehawks just immense dude

9 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Fantastic work mate. KIU

4 minutes ago, Taff said:

Honestly cant give you enough praise dude considering the original objective was to move to a higher club and here you are sitting at the top of the Premier League with Whitehawks just immense dude

Many thanks for your continued support guys, I really appreciate it! ?