Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Dreaming of Crossing the Irish Sea.

13 minutes ago, Massey127 said:

Thank you very much to all of you who have been so kind as to comment and show your support.

This has been a terrific career and one I have thoroughly enjoyed but had it not have been for all of you showing your support I probably would have ended this a long time ago!

It's now the weekend and its forecast to rain!  Season 4 lets get cracking........

Ano but you can still do stuff on the weekend that rains, sure last weekend we had David Guetta rocking Belsonic theres got to be something on,

But absolutely loving the career mate keep us updated

Edited by M4cc4n4

Just to keep to my original goal of trying to have with me in every team at least one fellow countryman every step along the way here is my compatriot at Whitehawk.  He was already in the team before I arrived (which is just as well since I had nothing to spend).

Dwayne Nelson had an extensive career back in Northern Ireland with both Dungannon and Ballymena before moving to Whitehawk for 1k.  

Since joining Whitehawk he has been my number 1 for both title winning seasons.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Massey127

It's Transfer season as we look to improve the team and ready to compete in League 2!

The board have given me a transfer budget of 200k and I can increase my wage budget by almost 5k more.  I have literally spent hours scouting and searching for players that I could bring in and I have quite a little surprise for you all.

Stay tuned and I will reveal at the end of the transfer window later today.

It really could be a game changer for us!!!! ?

TRANSFER UPDATE 

As promised a transfer update and we have a few little gems!

One of which I believe with be an absolute game changer!  All these for 170k!!!!!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Massey127

The only downside is the only way I could bring in Gomaa, McHugh & Jovanovic was to use the Big Club Release clause but at least if they do leave they will bring in substantial funds for our club so it's a win win and worth the risk.

Season 4 lets get cracking!

5 minutes ago, Massey127 said:

Looks like the new signings are going to make all the difference this season......

image.jpg

Very smart of you to bring in Shay Given's Evogen, He's was a brilliant keeper still is tbf but he will set you up for the future.

18 minutes ago, M4cc4n4 said:

Very smart of you to bring in Shay Given's Evogen, He's was a brilliant keeper still is tbf but he will set you up for the future.

Yes, I was absolutely delighted to be able to get him!  I have to admit already at the start of this new season I can instantly tell the new signings are a step above the rest of the team.  Gomaa and McHugh in particular are breathtaking! 

Like you said even if I lose them, the money they bring in will set us up very well.

59 minutes ago, Massey127 said:

Yes, I was absolutely delighted to be able to get him!  I have to admit already at the start of this new season I can instantly tell the new signings are a step above the rest of the team.  Gomaa and McHugh in particular are breathtaking! 

Like you said even if I lose them, the money they bring in will set us up very well.

Yeah, Damien Duff seems to retire at the end of 1st  season his regen may be good.

SEASON FOUR

I have always been a great believer in preparation!  At the we invested a huge amount of time in pre season searching for those bargains that would bring much needed quality to our squad and boy has it paid off!  All four of my main signings were absolutely pivotal for us this season.  

As well as these four extraordinary signings there was one player I called up from the reserves, another striker but not rated great at all.  He was merely to serve as support.  Again though injuries forced me to play him and the rest they say is history!

My strategy was simple for this season, exit all the cups as early as possible and give the league everything we had and then see what we get at the end of it!

What a season it turned out to be (inc four job offers along the way)!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Massey127

And here is the new tactic that proved so successful for this season.  This was inspired by simply trying to get the best out of my four new signings and it turned out to work an absolute treat.  I also start with my entire team on Fitness training from 1st June to 31st July and found it works very well regarding the fitness of the team all season even those with apparently low stamina!

image.jpg

Just caught up with this mate and got to say every credit for your achievements so far, loving that tactic looks like nothing else I've seen, very original.

9 hours ago, Roffatje said:

Nice going mate! You inspired me to do also a same career.

Thank you very much, I was inspired by many of the great stories on Vibe so to hear you say that about my save is very touching.  

Thanks again and best of luck for your own save.

7 hours ago, Mikee1984 said:

Just caught up with this mate and got to say every credit for your achievements so far, loving that tactic looks like nothing else I've seen, very original.

Many thanks indeed. That means a lot coming from an active Viber.  I have learned so much whist progressing through this save.

Thank you very much for your support.

KEY LEARNINGS

I thought it might be useful to share just how much I have learned so far during this save.

Before starting this save I was definitely one of those people who bought players with as many greens as possible then cracked up when we didn't win because surely that's all it took right?!!!

How wrong I was!  

I have learned an unbelievable amount during this save and I would say my Key Learnings are as follows:-

1) The DNA of the team is much more important than "Greens"!

2) A consistent player with blue stats is ALWAYS better than an inconsistent player with lots more green stats!

3) Tactics are the most important part of the game! I used to have just one tactic, but as many green player stats as I could then expect to win every game!  I have learned thoughout this save that even with a much inferior team you can win by out-smarting your opposite number.  You need to change your tactics often depending on the situation and your opposition (tired players, injured player, red card, not keeping possession etc etc etc).   Your tactic in a cup may well have to be very different than in a league game.  Your tactics will also vary when you are trying to keep your players as fit as possible during those periods when the games come thick and fast.  Always know your fixture schedule and which games are ahead and the rest period between each.  This is essential!

4) Finances!  In a smaller club managing your finances is vital for longevity.  Keep a very careful eye on your wage bill and be prepared to sacrifice your transfer kitty for the benefit of a healthy wage bill.  Contracts expire and will inevitably cost you more to renew so NEVER have your wage bill maxed out at the start of a season!  Be prepared to recruit from your reserves as back up rather than buy and DO NOT keep dead wood!  You cannot afford to have many players at a smaller club so every player on your team must be serving a purpose!  If you do need to spend to bring in players then do your homework.  Invest the time in scouting the database and looking in all continents.  There could well be a player in Argentina that is within your budget and considerably more talented than your local counterparts, Ah but he won't get a work permit, will he?  Well have you checked if he has a second nationality??? The point is you must use every tool at your disposal to be successful when you have nothing!

5) Training - Again I used to ignore this completely.  Now I know just how important this is.  In smaller clubs you have to maximise whatever you have.  Nurture the talent you have, you can tailor the training schedule to get the best out of that young striker that has just come through and that could make the difference for you as my save has proved!  I would highly recommend starting all your players off on fitness training in pre season as I have found this is extremely important in keeping your team competitive throughout a season.  I usually start every player on fitness from 1st June - 31st July.

6) Goals (Not the type we spend most of our time praying for) - The biggest threat to any save is our own motivation and boredom!  How many saves have you started and quit because you got bored or changed your mind or wanted to try something else?  If you are like me then this will be dozens if not hundreds!  Have yourself a goal you want to achieve and realistic milestones along the way as this will inspire you to carry on as you go.  In my save for instance my ultimate goal was to start off with my local club in Northern Ireland and try to work my way up to one day manage in the Premiership.  My milestones along the way were simply getting closer to the Premiership.  Northern Ireland/Vanarama South/North/Vanarama National/League 2/League 1/Championship/PREMIERSHIP!  For my goal it doesn't have to be in order as I am hoping to be offered a job in a higher league as my reputation increases etc.

7) Share your story - I genuinely never would have seen this save through if I had not have shared it here and had the support from you guys.  I would have lost motivation and yet again just like above quit and tried something else.  The fact you guys want to see more of this and are enjoying it makes me continue to want to do this.  This as a result has been the most enjoyable and rewarding save I have ever had on FMM.

8) VIBE - When I feel I am at risk of getting bored or fed up (after that losing streak) I often just come to Vibe and read through some of the great success stories on here and then before you know it I am back on my save with much more vigour and conviction than previously.

Apologies for the long post but if this helps at least one person then it has been worthwhile.

Thank you to you all for all of your support so far and what will next season bring in League One!

Regarding point 4 above here is exactly what I was talking about.

I bought this player on 2nd July for £65k and he played only 3 friendly games for me and I have just sold him now for £1.1m.  Considering my biggest transfer budget has been £500k so far this is double that in just one sale!  

image.jpg

image.jpg

Transfer Window closed!

Another exciting transfer window seen us bring in a couple of decent support players as well as one fantastic little gem.  We also bought made a huge profit of over £1m on a player we literally just bought for £65k.

We lost Jovanovic due to the big club release clause but he then also generated us much needed funds.

I then managed to get Gomaa to resign a new contract without the big club release clause meaning the only player currently in the squad with that clause is McHugh (Givens evogen). 

Our little gem this time is Quintilla!  A player I had tried to sign last year but couldn't afford his wages.  He is an Argentinian and was playing in Argentina but had a second nationality and he is FANTASTIC! See below his first game for us against Charlton in the Cup!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Massey127

Great job love to see a story mode not just challenge types.. Amazing signings and moving up fast . 

Have you thought of maybe staying with club and bring me to Prem League since you are flying up leagues ? Plus kindabe odd starting new club and leaving the current players behind ?

What a fantastic career dude you are smashing it and have made some excellent signings and decisions regarding your tactic and the way you play.

simply outstanding 

6 hours ago, DIRECTFX said:

Great job love to see a story mode not just challenge types.. Amazing signings and moving up fast . 

Have you thought of maybe staying with club and bring me to Prem League since you are flying up leagues ? Plus kindabe odd starting new club and leaving the current players behind ?

Hi, yes I was worried that I might have brought Whitehawk as far as I could as board will not expand stadium or training facilities (currently 8500 and adequate) and I seem to have climbed up the leagues faster than the clubs reputation has grown as we are now really struggling to attract players that will improve the squad.

That being said, I see it as another challenge, so yes the plan now is to fulfil my ambition with Whitehawk and drag them screaming into the Premiership!

Thank you for your support and next update coming tonight!

1 hour ago, Taff said:

What a fantastic career dude you are smashing it and have made some excellent signings and decisions regarding your tactic and the way you play.

simply outstanding 

Hi Taff, thank you very much for your kind words, coming from you that certainly means a lot.

Season Five update will be posted tonight.  How did we fare in League One????

Little spoiler of Quintilla in action again .....

image.jpg

7 minutes ago, Massey127 said:

Hi Taff, thank you very much for your kind words, coming from you that certainly means a lot.

Season Five update will be posted tonight.  How did we fare in League One????

Little spoiler of Quintilla in action again .....

image.jpg

your welcome fella it's been a great thread to follow and you are doing amazing work