Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Harish's attempt at the Sir Alex Ferguson Challenge

Hello,guys after starting my Oviedo story I needed another save to prevent me from losing interest on fmm,so after seeing my fellow countryman @Risheek post this challenge,I immediately decided to attempt this .In fact I will be giving this save a bit more priority.

For those who haven't heard about this challenge,its aim is to emulate the great Sir Alex Ferguson.

If you need more information I suggest you go straight to this link:

http://vibe.community/forums/topic/37970-the-sir-alex-ferguson-challenge/

So the team I have selected for this challenge is......

w10Pgk2.jpg

Heart of Midlothian!!!!

I originally wanted to choose Aberdeen but since @Risheek already chose it.I went for Hearts because they have decent squad and stadium,also they have only one goalie,so its almost similar to Fergie's stay in East sterlingshire and they have one of the brightest Scottish talents-Callum Paterson.

I will post season 1 results shortly.

zzNNMli.jpg

Edited by Harish
55 minutes ago, Risheek said:

Looking forward to this m8. Hearts always give me a hard time. Good luck!

Happy to keep you interested.:)

Hearts giving YOU a hard time??

Then ALL HAIL CALLUM PATERSON:P

@Risheek Actually,tbh I myself prefer overseas but I have not tried Paterson even once except for a certain Liverpool save in which I bought him for filling the bench with quality players,he scored 3 in 3 matches but never threatened the first team places,so sold him for big money(23 mil if I remember correctly)to Barca,so I am just excited to manage this guy from the start,if he impresses me then might carry him to "MY UNITED".

Edited by Harish
42 minutes ago, Harish said:

Actually,tbh I myself prefer overseas but I have not tried Paterson even once except for a certain Liverpool save in which I bought him for filling the bench with quality players,he scored 3 in 3 matches but never threatened the first team places,so sold him for big money(23 mil if I remember correctly)to Barca,so I am just excited to manage this guy from the start,if he impresses me then might carry him to "MY UNITED".

I used to sign Patterson back in FMH 14 as he was such a utility player and was young as well, or was it FmH12? I forget.

Good luck

Hey guys,so season 1 is finished and here are the results

Transfers:

6H6KAi1.jpg

Due ti the low budget,I didnt spend much time in the transfer window,just brought in some promising loanees

League:

oOBrP0n.jpg

68iGWIF.jpg  

A little bit too close to comfort,but we managed to clinch the title

Scottish Cup:

CgWRtD1.jpg

iaZeWd0.jpg

Again a nail biting match which we managed to win

League Cup:

JoFPuTz.jpg

73xFFb9.jpg

Same story as the above two.

Player Stats:

yUyTsiQ.jpg

d3VpcoZ.jpg

Sdq1x8y.jpg

Awards:

QcpQcI2.jpg

rIBIOwb.jpg

So,I wish to win the Europa next season and tie up the super cup in the third season so I have an extra season in my belt.

Thank you for reading this.

@Risheek,I have a small doubt that needs to be clarified,In your challenge,you said that we need ro win 4 domestic cups,so are you referring to the Scottish cup or both the cups?

57 minutes ago, Risheek said:

Any of the 2. It could be 3 Scottish and 1 other, or 2 of each or even 4 of one.

So if I have won both the cups in both of my seasons does that mean I have fulfilled the requirements?

Edited by Harish
15 minutes ago, Harish said:

So if I have won both the cups in both of my seasons does that mean I have fulfilled the requirements?

Yeah I had the same query but If you win the double both years then that's the cups finished, I just wished I read the bit about the Europa Cup more carefully as I managed against all odds to win the UCL but I need the Europa but thats fine I'm there now so lets see

10 minutes ago, Taff said:

Yeah I had the same query but If you win the double both years then that's the cups finished, I just wished I read the bit about the Europa Cup more carefully as I managed against all odds to win the UCL but I need the Europa but thats fine I'm there now so lets see

But after that,he has mentioned that we have to win one league cup,so that means i have to win another league cup?,its a bit confusing....

Dont worry,if you.can win the UCL then Europa will be a breeze

42 minutes ago, Risheek said:

I'll make it damn simple. Just do what u did in the first season, and the domestic is done

So that leaves me with just the europa and the super cup,thanks mate

AAARRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!,Sorry guys but I havent been able to get my hands on the mobile recently,first it was my studies,now its house shifting,but I have managed to finish a couple of seasons,so will update it as soon as I can.

Sorry again for the delay.

Wheww!,at last managed to unpack all the things so will be updating this post in an hour.

Again sorry for the delay.

So well,after seeing @Taff and @M4cc4n4 zoom past the Scotland part,I knew I had to step up my efforts or get left behind,so after a marathon fmm session,I managed to finish a couple of seasons,so here's season 2:

Transfers In :

ipT84Ro.jpg

Some nice transfers this season and my first million pound buy ,Luckassen (who turned out to be a failure),but the loanees were way too good for scotland.

Transfers out:

nGvfImJ.jpg

Well,despite being the leading goalscorer last season, juanma did not fit into my new system so out he went for a good fee,and buaben was surplus so it was not at all important.

League:

hzJfs8X.jpg

WjytApi.jpg

The league was a bit easier this seasin,but we almost slipped in the last few matches.

League Cup:

ueFxPox.jpg

ksl7jhY.jpg

A hard fought match against Celtic saved by an own goal.

Scottish Cup:

exeENzQ.jpg

1Z3Gl0z.jpg

The cup was already ours after the final teams were announced.

Europa:

So,how did we do in our first europe season,fantastic if you asked me,forgot to screen shot the playoffs but we went through it successfully,and were rewarded with a group containing real Madrid and united,how did we fare?

pTXhQnj.jpg

really great performance by the boys to finish in the 3rd place,with the 4-2 win against united easily the best game of the season.

So now our Europa season has begun and did we do it?

sldSEvl.jpg

sxv8SHW.jpg

Here I was biting my nails on whether we could get past the first knockout round,and there they were thrashing Slovan out of the ground.

z6mQfaB.jpg

NLq6fhv.jpg

A tricky draw against AZ which we thankfully managed to win.

XdvImUK.jpg

b3zLEBY.jpg

What a close shave this one was,but one step closer to glory....

Xupsba3.jpg

JQoYMUi.jpg

My heart literally stopped after seeing this draw,an overachieving club against an europe giant,but the boys managed to draw the first leg and a lucky goal in the second leg ensured our place in the final against liverpool.

Can we do it???

gFjJkNG.jpg

6scivog.jpg

Hell yeah,the team completely outclassed Liverpool which is both good and bad.

That means next season is possibly my last in Scotland.

Sorry for the long hiatus guys but I have played a lot of seasons so expect nice and smooth updates from now.

Here we take an assumption that you there have been no "restarts" ?

Looks great by the way.. Also share your tactics for the win against big teams... which is quite a surprise.

17 minutes ago, johnvibe77 said:

Here we take an assumption that you there have been no "restarts" ?

Looks great by the way.. Also share your tactics for the win against big teams... which is quite a surprise.

Haha,m8 I know these wins look way unrealistic,but I dont stick to a single tactic,always change it according to the opponents instructions, for example lets take that euro cup final,I started out with a counter attacking style which helped to bag a goal against an all out attacking Liverpool,they immediately switched to counter and focused their passing on the flanks,so I employed timewasting techniques until they got tired,after which a sudden counter switch yielded another goal.a match has many indicators,but not everyone uses it.

Hope this helped to clear your doubts.

37 minutes ago, Taff said:

Fantastic going dude immense season and congrats on getting the Euro Cup KIU

Thanks Taff,Its heartening to see atleast one guy still interested in the thread despite the hiatus.

The Euro win was fantastic but bigger suprises are awaiting.....

14 minutes ago, Harish said:

Thanks Taff,Its heartening to see atleast one guy still interested in the thread despite the hiatus.

The Euro win was fantastic but bigger suprises are awaiting.....

OHHH the suspense cant wait dude, everyone seems to have gone in to hibernation at the moment

13 minutes ago, Taff said:

OHHH the suspense cant wait dude, everyone seems to have gone in to hibernation at the moment

Alright:), updating in five minutes,enjoy the results

Season 3:

And here's our final part of the scotland journey.

Transfers:

Really sorry guys but forgot screnshot the transfers but I got 8mil to spend,which was supplemented by an amount of 5mil of sales so In came a number of players,some notable names are Dragowski,and a Bulgarian regen and the amazing Bastien.

Super cup:

3rsEHiW.jpg

Again really sorry the long breaks have affected my habit of screenshots,but we won against a strong PSG side,but to be honest Cavani got injured 2 minutes into the match,so the win was a lucky one.

League:

qQDnTxa.jpg

faEtYLg.jpg

At last a big gap between me and Celtic. The Hearts era has started ...

League cup:

Qs09Apm.jpg

MI5tyT7.jpg

Tight match but we managed to win.

Scottish cup:

tpgByKe.jpg

a repeat of the league cup final...

Champions league:

So could we challenge europes elite...

zk4AUIF.jpg

F5bYv54.jpg

Well that was quite unexpected but we did it.

So I have successfully completed the scotland part.heres my trophy cabinet.

NnFTw0y.jpg

32 minutes ago, Taff said:

Your just teasing me now!!!! :P

Haha,sorry,bit slow connection but update is posted ,enjoy!!!

22 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Only one more season. KIU

Thanks real random,I have already posted the final season so onto the premier league!!!!!!.

12 minutes ago, Harish said:

Thanks real random,I have already posted the final season so onto the premier league!!!!!!.

Sorry mate didn't realise. Good Luck in the premier league

20 hours ago, Taff said:

Cracking dude can't wait to see who you end up with

You will see in a short time,but let me give a bit of a clue,its a championship club.

Season 1:

So,my motivation for playing has been greatly low these days hence the erratic interval between updates,but this save is the only reason I am playing fmm,so lets get down to the matter...

After resigning from the club,I started holidaying,I was a bit nervous because even though getting a job might be easier the difficulty of the challenge depnds upon the type of club you get. @Taff got the Norwich job which made the challenge a bit easier so where did I land?

dHmDfvc.jpg

Fulham!!!

A great club this one is dont ask me how but over the years they have managed to bring in Badstuber,Herrera and Alessandri,but the squad morale is really low.

The board wanted me to battle bravely against relegation and gave me 5 mil.

Did I do it???

cfWiSyF.jpg

Definitely.A great run saw us rocket to the top of the table and finish just outside the top 4.

Transfers

1M7qgqe.jpg

Really great transfers which helped in our charge,and I never thought I would bag Bravo.

CubBUU9.jpg

Some high earning underperforming players shipped out for good fees

FA Cup:

7TRW1Ck.jpg

0d5G8KH.jpg

A great hard fought win against Liverpool which ticks off one of the criteria of the challenge.

Player Stats:

WoP7oXT.jpg

Dembele turning out to be our top scorer while new signing Kowlaski comes in second.

lvNm04D.jpg

What a wonderful start to the premier league part.

Thanks for reading this.