Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help What do these stand for?

Passes (Completed) - Key Passes (Assists) - Tackles (Won) - Interceptions - Headers (Won) - Shots (On Target) - Condition - Rating - Goals - Manners (Please)

54 minutes ago, Dec said:

Passes (Completed) - Key Passes (Assists) - Tackles (Won) - Interceptions - Headers (Won) - Shots (On Target) - Condition - Rating - Goals - Manners (Please)

Thanks... But manners (please)?

Just now, Kumail said:

Yes. It means that when you want something you say please and thank you when you receive it else it is very rude. and demanding. Merci in French.

23 minutes ago, Dec said:

Yes. It means that when you want something you say please and thank you when you receive it else it is very rude. and demanding. Merci in French.

I didn't intend for that to be rude. Isn't it your job to answer people's questions? And thanks I know my french

27 minutes ago, Kumail said:

No, my job is to do Digital Marketing for companies. This is a hobby I don't have to do.

On 15/07/2016 at 10:58, Dec said:

No, my job is to do Digital Marketing for companies. This is a hobby I don't have to do.

Seems quite rude considering he only asked what something stood for? "This is a hobby I dont have to", exactly you don't have to you but you choose to be admin/staff whatever you call it on this site, that would entail people posting with enquiries about various topics, just looking for some help. Which you have volunteered to do. Dont see why its so important that he didn't say please before asking you a question as he would probably have said thank you once he was answered. Sounds like someone had a bad day at the office.

5 hours ago, PabloPaton said:

Seems quite rude considering he only asked what something stood for? "This is a hobby I dont have to", exactly you don't have to you but you choose to be admin/staff whatever you call it on this site, that would entail people posting with enquiries about various topics, just looking for some help. Which you have volunteered to do. Dont see why its so important that he didn't say please before asking you a question as he would probably have said thank you once he was answered. Sounds like someone had a bad day at the office.

I agree 

6 hours ago, PabloPaton said:

How is asking for good manners rude of me? Surely good manners should be natural for someone and then to say it is your job (which is false) as an excuse doesn't justify anything. If I spend my time helping - which I am happy to do, then manners should be part and parcel of the community. I would never ask something without manners, it is just nice. Volunteered or not I shouldn't be spoken to like shit and demanded answers, that is not what I signed up for.

I don't understand the logic that I volunteered so I have to put up with rudeness every day. I am still human, being nice to me should be a given as I am spending my free time (at the moment) helping. Just because I choose to be doesn't mean I don't have to expect being treated like a lesser person. I see it time and time again that people come on here with no please or no thank you. It isn't like I am demanding the world, I am asking to appreciate someone who takes their time to help or will take their time to help with one simple word.

12 minutes ago, Dec said:

How is asking for good manners rude of me? Surely good manners should be natural for someone and then to say it is your job (which is false) as an excuse doesn't justify anything. If I spend my time helping - which I am happy to do, then manners should be part and parcel of the community. I would never ask something without manners, it is just nice. Volunteered or not I shouldn't be spoken to like shit and demanded answers, that is not what I signed up for.

Why are you so arrogant?

7 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

You are arrogant and I'm probably not the only one who thinks it.

he help to people a lot really, also help for something about the game for me... but there is rare people arrogant as him

5 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

You are arrogant and I'm probably not the only one who thinks it.

That wasn't answering my question mate. Though truth be told I don't care how I come across to this community, I have for the past 5 years done my best and more recently carried this community in my free time.

If me asking for a simple please is being arrogant and the one thing in this community then you will complain about then I am anticipating heavy involvement with some good content from you.

19 minutes ago, Dec said:

That wasn't answering my question mate. Though truth be told I don't care how I come across to this community, I have for the past 5 years done my best and more recently carried this community in my free time.

If me asking for a simple please is being arrogant and the one thing in this community then you will complain about then I am anticipating heavy involvement with some good content from you.

Ok mate ill answer your question, fair play on what you do for this site I can't speak highly enough of that and do appreciate it. But your arrogance is there for everyone to see. The way you wade in and dismiss people's comments when they are just trying to help and put them down acting like you know absolutely everything about this game is very annoying. Like I said you have my respect for what you do for the site but you are not above everyone else like you think you are.

33 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

Ok mate ill answer your question, fair play on what you do for this site I can't speak highly enough of that and do appreciate it. But your arrogance is there for everyone to see. The way you wade in and dismiss people's comments when they are just trying to help and put them down acting like you know absolutely everything about this game is very annoying. Like I said you have my respect for what you do for the site but you are not above everyone else like you think you are.

I don't wade in and dismiss anyone's comments unless proof has been given that they are wrong or it is globally believed. I will counter point someone to try and help the person the most. I am not arrogant at all. Anyone who knows me would say I am not. If I come across as arrogant then I apologise but that isn't the case and I am just making sure the person who needs help is getting the correct information or the best he can. FMM has very little few answers but when they are given wrong that doesn't help anyone and can create the spread of false information.

7 minutes ago, Dec said:

I don't wade in and dismiss anyone's comments unless proof has been given that they are wrong or it is globally believed. I will counter point someone to try and help the person the most. I am not arrogant at all. Anyone who knows me would say I am not. If I come across as arrogant then I apologise but that isn't the case and I am just making sure the person who needs help is getting the correct information or the best he can. FMM has very little few answers but when they are given wrong that doesn't help anyone and can create the spread of false information.

I've seen it with my own eyes mate so yes I do think you do dismiss people's comments. Maybe unintentionally but I've seen it, so for that reason I think people hold back on giving advice etc because it gets totally dismissed by you. Just my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

I've seen it with my own eyes mate so yes I do think you do dismiss people's comments. Maybe unintentionally but I've seen it, so for that reason I think people hold back on giving advice etc because it gets totally dismissed by you. Just my opinion.

I totally concur with that. A community should be a conversation, especially such an open ended game. If someone cannot have a debate about something to benefit the person they are replying to or another person cannot chip in and say why they think that the advice isn't the best to help them then that advice isn't beneficial. I have seen time and time again bad advice due to fundamental issues with it that would seriously harm the person asking.

I am not the issue with people not helping, people don't help as they are selfish. This is an issue with the community as a whole. No one contributes.

p.s. Dismissing is saying "you are wrong, my opinion is better" not saying "I don't think that is right.. In FMM..." Or "That wouldn't suit that team the best because...". I always validate what I say to try and make the help the best possible. I never pretend to know the best or say I do, as this doesn't exist and I don't believe it anyway.

31 minutes ago, Dec said:

I totally concur with that. A community should be a conversation, especially such an open ended game. If someone cannot have a debate about something to benefit the person they are replying to or another person cannot chip in and say why they think that the advice isn't the best to help them then that advice isn't beneficial. I have seen time and time again bad advice due to fundamental issues with it that would seriously harm the person asking.

I am not the issue with people not helping, people don't help as they are selfish. This is an issue with the community as a whole. No one contributes.

p.s. Dismissing is saying "you are wrong, my opinion is better" not saying "I don't think that is right.. In FMM..." Or "That wouldn't suit that team the best because...". I always validate what I say to try and make the help the best possible. I never pretend to know the best or say I do, as this doesn't exist and I don't believe it anyway.

And you know what I do agree with you mate but for let's say someone who is new to the site, try's to give a bit of help or advice and then 2 comments later you come in with your advice and totally rip up what they've said and say it's wrong. That to me is dismissing comments which in turn puts people off even commenting a little bit. And honestly I'm not having a go and you have my upmost respect for what you've done for this site, I look forward to logging on here everyday so thanks.

Edited by Mikee1984

The problem I think with this game is that there's no one way of playing it so different people do the same thing different ways. Some people on this website however have a way of playing the game and think everyone has to play it this way otherwise they aren't playing the game properly (if that's the right word).

54 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

And you know what I do agree with you mate but for let's say someone who is new to the site, try's to give a bit of help or advice and then 2 comments later you come in with your advice and totally rip up what they've said and say it's wrong. That to me is dismissing comments which in turn puts people off even commenting a little bit. And honestly I'm not having a go and you have my upmost respect for what you've done for this site, I look forward to logging on here everyday so thanks.

The thing is if we allowed every opinion to not be critiqued/every false fact to be ignored or protected new members what use is that to the people? Doesn't that just go against free will to everyone to voice their opinion as we have to step on egg shells around new members? That isn't beneficial to everyone and if they feel like that then they will struggle in more situations than this.

7 hours ago, Dec said:

The thing is if we allowed every opinion to not be critiqued/every false fact to be ignored or protected new members what use is that to the people? Doesn't that just go against free will to everyone to voice their opinion as we have to step on egg shells around new members? That isn't beneficial to everyone and if they feel like that then they will struggle in more situations than this.

You can come across as condescending, I appreciate the work you have put in to this site and I am grateful as some content has helped me. Its clear its not just me who has these views.

14 minutes ago, PabloPaton said:

You can come across as condescending, I appreciate the work you have put in to this site and I am grateful as some content has helped me. Its clear its not just me who has these views.

Everyone has their opinion but I am not sure you can come across as condescending on the internet though. Whenever I counter point someone I always back it up with you I feel that way, if people cannot argue their point for why they feel that way or get upset over someone disagreeing it isn't a strong point and won't help the person.

As for the above post. Maybe asking for manners is wrong. I don't know, We get asked so many questions a day and to not spend 10 seconds writing please when you expect someone to dedicate their time to reply is just rude. I don't see that as condescending but to not get manners is frustrating. You have to understand that. I am not arrogant in the slightest. If I was surely I would pull rank? I have never done that.

3 hours ago, Dec said:

Everyone has their opinion but I am not sure you can come across as condescending on the internet though. Whenever I counter point someone I always back it up with you I feel that way, if people cannot argue their point for why they feel that way or get upset over someone disagreeing it isn't a strong point and won't help the person.

As for the above post. Maybe asking for manners is wrong. I don't know, We get asked so many questions a day and to not spend 10 seconds writing please when you expect someone to dedicate their time to reply is just rude. I don't see that as condescending but to not get manners is frustrating. You have to understand that. I am not arrogant in the slightest. If I was surely I would pull rank? I have never done that.

Ok mate.

5 hours ago, Dec said:

Your still missing the point mate, just when I think your actually agreeing you go and say it's rude not to say please. Pathetic in my opinion.

Edited by Mikee1984
2 hours ago, Mikee1984 said:

Your still missing the point mate, just when I think your actually agreeing you go and say it's rude not to say please. Pathetic in my opinion.

It is rude not to use manners, if you don't agree then maybe you have been bought up differently but I have been bought up to always say please and thank you and to respect people. You have obviously not been.

3 hours ago, Dec said:

It is rude not to use manners, if you don't agree then maybe you have been bought up differently but I have been bought up to always say please and thank you and to respect people. You have obviously not been.

Whoa hold on a minute you know absolutely nothing about me, your getting a bit to personal for my liking telling me how I've been brought up. Do not make assumptions based on a few comments on here you got that.

7 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

Whoa hold on a minute you know absolutely nothing about me, your getting a bit to personal for my liking telling me how I've been brought up. Do not make assumptions based on a few comments on here you got that.

Isn't that hypocritical with the way you are saying I am arrogant?

No not even slightly hypocritical I'm basing you being arrogant on the way you conduct yourself and speak to people. What the fuck are you going on about my upbringing for that's well out of order.