Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat RE: The Vibe.Community Summer 2016 Update

Dec

Hi all,

Today I am sadly passing on some bad news. The FMM2016 Summer Update by Vibe.Community is not happening.

Over the last couple of months I have been working with people to get an update out. My hope for this was to make a better update by a dwindling community instead of all the burden of research and creation all falling upon me. I have approached people asking if they would be interested in doing research but sadly even distributing a proportion of what I have done for the past couple of years - twice a year was too much work and time after time I got let down. I don't blame the people, it is a lot of work but these expressed an interest in helping and agreed to take it on before realising the mountain of the task.

As my time is limited now that I have graduated from University and got a full time job I cannot commit what I had before. I saw this as a great opportunity for people to show that this community is still alive and kicking, however sadly I think FMM players have given up with their passion for the game. I was hoping this would prove me wrong but sadly it just solidified what I posted months ago in the hopes of trying to ignite the community again - this has now tailed off again without a lasting impact.

Also with Jay (rightly so) prioritising family the PGE has some issues and releasing what I did in January isn't an option this time. I was really unhappy with the Winter update and felt it lacked the quality that the community was used to.

I am sorry for all those who feel let down. I have tried my hardest to make this possible. To not release an update makes me very disappointed, however there is no other option.

I hope you all understand.

Kind regards,

Dec

I dont know you personally but i know all the time and effort you put into making this a great community. I really aprriciate all the time you spent  and MY "gaming" addiction is once again live and kicking thanks to you and the other gamers in here. So Dec thanks for helping me out several times AND just a big THANKS for all of THIS :D

i know its probally too late but IF there is anything i can do although im here in Denmark - let me know :)

best regards Anders

Dec this site is what FMM needs and it's a huge help as you can see the many help topics posted. I just think any large database editing would've a huge job plus it's hard to get momentum this time of the year when seasons are over and game has been out for awhile I think it's not dead just bunch of players are waiting for FMM 17 as its the same with console game I play FIFA series still have a career but once seasons end its same there many look foward to the next edition of the game. 

I do wish they would give us more updates for the starting rosters besides just team changes also attributes and potential etc so players match what really happened in the past season . I think it was a good idea but don't know exact logistics but it seems any big edits on FMM are a bit more complicated than maybe most realize when they signed up. Like the apple problem can't even do oregano editing has to be in a save plus if you use the in game editor only to look at CA/PA and not actually change anything it seems the game auto marks it as edited save so can't even do simple look at database..

if they came out with some tools that let all users not just android users that was user friendly and had more freedom to move teams, leagues, add teams/leagues, add players as season progresses plus edit starting attributes/potential to equal any real life changes and you could do most of the work on the phone I bet there would be huge amount of volunteers. 

Just don't let it get you down as this site is the only place for FMM users to go that they won't be the minority and have a hard time finding fellow FMM players as you would be surrounded by the PC FM players who would drown us out. I love to see the stories , guides, chats etc as I was about to give up thinking there was a community like this that loved playing FMM like I do.. 

Thx for all your work and maybe you could do a simple release not so time consuming of only player movements? Don't need all relates or anything just more accurate rosters where you could just ask volunteers to cover this league or that and they just find official league sites and copy paste and roster changes? Just a thought as I prob couldn't use database update since I'm not on android ..

either way I don't think it's dying here just summer is slower as weather warmer , no school/college , summer vacations so think picks up again when summer over, school start, leagues begin again plus new game released . 

I have done it for the past 3 years on my own. I was splitting the work up into managable chunks for people to simply research not edit so no PC or Android was needed. It is done on bigger scale for many other games, we did it as a team back when it was on PSP too. Also it can be used on iOS with the Save Editor.

A simple release is possible but I wouldn't like to do that, it means that it is unrealistic and I see that as a waste of time. When I've already been let down lots for research (I have lots of sources for different things) and transfers also means missing player creation too which takes up hours. I cannot do it all on my own and quite frankly I am refusing to now as no one else seems to care to be able to spend a few hours a week to do things. The fact this has only had 2 comments shows the lack of interest for the update and also for anything creative in the community.

SI providing stuff isn't the problem here, frankly it is the opposite. If they provided us a new update we'd get less hype for new games and we'd have less content and members due to that as people wouldn't search for it. Also we have the tools, just no one is interested anymore in using them or even help someone use them.

Also the community is dying/dead (delete depending on your optimism), it has been since release. Very little content has been released and the site was quite less than a month after release.  It was like this last year for 2015 but not this bad, we said it was due to the game, said that for 2014 too but it is getting worse and worse year on year. There is no one creating and hasn't for months. Without creators we have nothing. The Social Media channels have been having little engagement on game related posts and hasn't been gaining any likes/followers/members. In the past we have seen a growth in the summer due to more free time, not what is less than 20 posts a day which are all help or chat about the game.

Mate, about summer transfers. I made all transfers in all english and scottish football leagues (from february to may). I know it is not to many, but I planned to make all summer transfers but because studying on my university I have not yet managed to do it. So if anyone interested here is change.file with all transfers from 4 scottish and 6 english leagues,but only from february up to may. Cheers

changes.txt

21 minutes ago, groove22 said:

Mate, about summer transfers. I made all transfers in all english and scottish football leagues (from february to may). I know it is not to many, but I planned to make all summer transfers but because studying on my university I have not yet managed to do it. So if anyone interested here is change.file with all transfers from 4 scottish and 6 english leagues,but only from february up to may. Cheers

changes.txt

Thanks. We don't use changes though. What I asked for was research which could be useful but as it doesn't distinguish loans and transfers then it is difficult to use that.

Nice to see someone has put some effort in though :).

7 hours ago, Dec said:

Thanks. We don't use changes though. What I asked for was research which could be useful but as it doesn't distinguish loans and transfers then it is difficult to use that.

Nice to see someone has put some effort in though :).

I dont care for other leagues, but I like to have all scottish and english leagues similar like in real life (I'm talking about transfers)  so that why I am always trying to found what happened with transfers in that countries. But because I dont use PGE I could only make this change text, in wich is hard to include any loan activity

10 hours ago, groove22 said:

I dont care for other leagues, but I like to have all scottish and english leagues similar like in real life (I'm talking about transfers)  so that why I am always trying to found what happened with transfers in that countries. But because I dont use PGE I could only make this change text, in wich is hard to include any loan activity

Which is fair enough for you but I think that is the issue with the community. People only want things for themselves and don't want to put more effort in. I never use the Transfer Update, I don't use any of my content but I still make it for others. Going to a few more hours effort a week makes a huge difference to a community but no one cares about that anymore apart from themselves and that is why we are struggling with no content and just have career posts (show off posts) and asking for help.

55 minutes ago, Dec said:

Which is fair enough for you but I think that is the issue with the community. People only want things for themselves and don't want to put more effort in. I never use the Transfer Update, I don't use any of my content but I still make it for others. Going to a few more hours effort a week makes a huge difference to a community but no one cares about that anymore apart from themselves and that is why we are struggling with no content and just have career posts (show off posts) and asking for help.

Every year I try to make transfers for those leagues. I made it for october, november, december and january but I deleted it when official FMM16 update came out. But I think it's bit stupid to make any kind of unofficial update of sumer transfers, and only reason for this is released players from clubs. Because for example many english lower clubs at the end of season release many players, so it can happen that some semi-professional clubs got only a few players at their roster. And in this scenario we could have a few hundred released players, and clubs with no more then 5 or 6 players, wich is for me stupid. And about Vibe Community Summer Update like you I still have not downloaded it at any FMH/M version, because I like to make it by my own. I like to read all available sources as like lower leagues internet portals, and even than when I'm not sure is some player released  then I go to them twiter profile :) to see is there any news for wich club they play now. And about  activity on this forum, why is lower than last year, I think that reason is in this game which is far worse than FMH14 and FMH15. Personally I bought game same night it's came out, but I think that I played it not more than 10 times. Reason? Too many thing I dont like it, and I think that FMH15 was far better, so maybe that is one of background reason why is activity so low

And ofcourse sorry for bad language, and many mistakes

We don't do below League 2 for releases unless they have loads of players to prevent but with the game not out until November/December it adds another 3 months onto the game. Also with the lack of players we create missing ones for major clubs.

The activity on this site has been declining for years, same with Social Media which should have new players not knowing the game is worse than 2015. The whole community over time has been in a decline and had a shift from selfless to selfish.

Sorry to hear the bad news Dec,about the decline I myself have seen it with my own eyes,there used to be a time when this site was bubbling with content,there was always something new to see,but nowadays its hard to find new content,I am doing my best to rekindle this site but It would be nice if others made some effort.

I know its late but if you wish,I can take on some research work,I dont know how to edit but I am from India and if you need any research to be done here,just let me know.

7 hours ago, Harish said:

Sorry to hear the bad news Dec,about the decline I myself have seen it with my own eyes,there used to be a time when this site was bubbling with content,there was always something new to see,but nowadays its hard to find new content,I am doing my best to rekindle this site but It would be nice if others made some effort.

I know its late but if you wish,I can take on some research work,I dont know how to edit but I am from India and if you need any research to be done here,just let me know.

Thanks. The best way to rekindle the site is by making content such as guides or discussion based content like simulations.

27 minutes ago, Bernardht Andy said:

Will take place in September an updated official game on google play store ?

SI never release an update with the summer transfers. It will likely be November or December when 2017 is released.

First off all, congratulations on graduating from the University and the full time job? 

Second, this is one off the most functional communities I've seen. Everything I ever need to know about this game and football in general is all here. Lists off how to manage coaches, key attributes for players and positions, training scheduals, youth prospects, lower league players and tons off other information. This is one off the nicest and most helpfull communities I've had the plessure off entering. Try entering communities in WoW (World of Warcraft) and ask for help. You get "WTF's", some "lol's", and get called a "newbee". I never deleted a game that quickly! ?

People are creating alot off tactics, challanges and stories all the time, and they share it all so we can test and follow and learn. I talk to people here all the time, and they all seem just as excited about this community as I am, and they have been here much longer then me.?

Believe you me, you have done some fantastic work here, and people do notice your dedication to it. You might come across ungratefull people some times, but that's just how the world works, they are usually ungratefull about everything in general anyways and can not be helped.

So thank you Dec for everything you've done here! You're good people mate!?

And really, good luck with your new job!?

Cheers!

11 hours ago, Xxandx said:

First off all, congratulations on graduating from the University and the full time job? 

Second, this is one off the most functional communities I've seen. Everything I ever need to know about this game and football in general is all here. Lists off how to manage coaches, key attributes for players and positions, training scheduals, youth prospects, lower league players and tons off other information. This is one off the nicest and most helpfull communities I've had the plessure off entering. Try entering communities in WoW (World of Warcraft) and ask for help. You get "WTF's", some "lol's", and get called a "newbee". I never deleted a game that quickly! ?

People are creating alot off tactics, challanges and stories all the time, and they share it all so we can test and follow and learn. I talk to people here all the time, and they all seem just as excited about this community as I am, and they have been here much longer then me.?

Believe you me, you have done some fantastic work here, and people do notice your dedication to it. You might come across ungratefull people some times, but that's just how the world works, they are usually ungratefull about everything in general anyways and can not be helped.

So thank you Dec for everything you've done here! You're good people mate!?

And really, good luck with your new job!?

Cheers!

Thanks, the job is going well.

While I appreciate the sentiment all the guides are from earlier in the year and most from a few years ago. The fact people cannot simply do some research that is more extensive than the databases that have been created shows how much this community is struggling. While it is helpful there's a massive lack of people helping and creating content daily/weekly which is needed.

2 hours ago, Xxandx said:

What kind of research is needed? If there is anything, I will do my best to help! ? 

Thanks but sadly given the date it will take a lot of time from multiple people and one dedicated person to edit it.

I can work, I'm used to that, but I need guidlines. If there is anything I can research, I will give my best to do that. Don't know to much about edeting tho... Anybody else here that could help me out with that? Lets help Dec out here!?