Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics God Tactics (Middlesbrough)

Hi,

I am new to this website and the mobile version of FM. I am looking for the best tactics that are suitable for any group of players at any level. Some of you may call me boring etc. but I couldnt care what you all think. so... i'll try anything. want to try to make my beloved Boro (Middlesbrough) conquer the world.

This doesn't exist, in football it isn't a thing so in FMM it isn't either. A tactic alone cannot make you a world beater and there isn't an one fits all approach. You may sign 3 great strikers and this would then mean you have to really play a 442 to make the most of them.

@Dec are you sure? I have played the PC version of FM for years and there have always been game breaking tactics. Even this years PC version. Considering FMMs match engine is based of a older PC versions, I would have thought that these 'exploits' still existed massively. I dont usually use them but atm i dont have much time to play the game, hence why i now play the mobile game as it is more streamlined. Just need a quick tactic that will work with most teams and so i can just play yhe game in a quick manner.

1 minute ago, FinWebster said:

@Dec are you sure? I have played the PC version of FM for years and there have always been game breaking tactics. Even this years PC version. Considering FMMs match engine is based of a older PC versions, I would have thought that these 'exploits' still existed massively. I dont usually use them but atm i dont have much time to play the game, hence why i now play the mobile game as it is more streamlined. Just need a quick tactic that will work with most teams and so i can just play yhe game in a quick manner.

There are good tactics, but recently in FMM and FM there have been less game breaking tactics, especially in the FMM enhanced engine.  The best recommendation over the last 2 years for the games have been to work around your clubs' strengths as it saves money and makes you perform better.

@Ben Allingham thank you. does this still work on the latest version of the game? or/and are there any tweaks you know, that in your experience, make it even better and help to consolidate leads as it looks pretty leaky at the back.

8 minutes ago, Dec said:

There are good tactics, but recently in FMM and FM there have been less game breaking tactics, especially in the FMM enhanced engine.  The best recommendation over the last 2 years for the games have been to work around your clubs' strengths as it saves money and makes you perform better.

@Dec do you have any recommendations on what to do with Middlesbrough? Also i have seen that the training regime affects how your team performs... is there one that would in general help my team?

Edited by FinWebster
1 minute ago, FinWebster said:

@Dec do you have any recommendations on what to do with Middlesbrough?

Every manager is different, I would say you know the side more than me.  Give this a read and come back to me with your analysis of the squad and what you think would suit the team the best while being balanced. Then I will give you feedback. This way you are learning the game and would be better in the long term :).

1 hour ago, Dec said:

Every manager is different, I would say you know the side more than me.  Give this a read and come back to me with your analysis of the squad and what you think would suit the team the best while being balanced. Then I will give you feedback. This way you are learning the game and would be better in the long term :).

used the guide and every thing. the team is of superb quality for its division and my tactic is fairly balanced. nothing works though, as usual.

image.png

image.png

image.png

I would say the issue is in several places:

• Midfield lacks strength. Isn't Leadbitter a better BWM and Clayton a CM?
  • You have two playmakers next to each other
  • Rhodes won't stay central, he isn't a player who can drift to the wing. I would say he is more of a PCR or TM. I cannot remember his exact strength or aerial attributes but I think they are decent for that level.
  • You are playing short passing with big gaps from defence to midfield and asking defenders to get forward a lot by using committed which can be dangerous on counters when you have a Limited Defender meant to be covering a player who gets forward anyway.

Have a look at this to make sure your players suit their roles by reading this.

1 hour ago, Dec said:

I would say the issue is in several places:

• Midfield lacks strength. Isn't Leadbitter a better BWM and Clayton a CM?
  • You have two playmakers next to each other
  • Rhodes won't stay central, he isn't a player who can drift to the wing. I would say he is more of a PCR or TM. I cannot remember his exact strength or aerial attributes but I think they are decent for that level.
  • You are playing short passing with big gaps from defence to midfield and asking defenders to get forward a lot by using committed which can be dangerous on counters when you have a Limited Defender meant to be covering a player who gets forward anyway.

Have a look at this to make sure your players suit their roles by reading this.

took your advice and changed to a direct style of play putting heavy emphasis on wing play and getting balls into the box for Rhodes as a target man. got an incredible result in my first game. do you have any suggestions for improvement? 

image.png

image.png

image.png

Looks spot on to me, only issue may be counter attacking as you have to defend more and they are a good team for the level but if it works, it works.