Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Back to where it all began!

In every Football Manager series, my first team will always be my favourite team, Middlesbrough. I started a career with them and managed to complete 30 years as a manager, managing different teams in different countries. Now, I'm starting a new save with Middlesbrough, and I'm going to compare each season to see if perhaps I've become a better manager, too see if I can win more trophies, and most importantly not get sacked by my favourite team!

Here is a screenshot of my very first season on FMM 16. Not a bad achievement at the time yet could have been better.

image.png

Here is the first season in my new save as Middlesbrough and the results speak for themselves, winning the Championship and causing a massive upset by beating Arsenal in the FA Cup final. Huge achievement and I'm looking forward to next season with the Euro Cup and hopefully some good signings.

image.png

Cheers mate, last time I got sacked in my first season in the Premiership after a very poor run of form, even though I was top 8 so much to prove this time!

2 hours ago, Muzza2108 said:

My tried and tested 433. Hopefully I won't get sacked ?

Love a good 433 any chance we could see it mate.

I only tried it because my 41221 from FMM 15 didn't quite work and I've adapted it over time so it's pretty cool. And yes Fernando Torres on a free transfer, only started because Christian Stuani was injured but has been good so far.

image.png

image.png

Just completed my 2nd season. Doing very well finishing a respectable 8th. In comparison to my last save when I had just achieved promotion from the Championship in a very good season, so I'm a season ahead of myself already in theory. Hopefully become more consistent next season and I'm confident we can push for a top six finish this coming season.

image.png

image.png

Season 3 and we finished 5th. That's 3 places and 8 points better off than last season which is pleasing, despite the inconsistent nature of our results at times. In comparison to my first save, I was sacked after 30 games despite being 8th, and my next job came all the way down at the bottom in the VNN. So I'm doing ok ??

image.png

image.png

Think I'll stick with Middlesbrough for now, I've had a big squad overhaul as you can see from the pics, lost Ward-Prowse to the dreaded big club release clause but got good money for him. Bought some good young players and some good veterans on free transfers and I can feel some consistency developing in our results so a title win shouldn't be far away now. Fingers crossed.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Unlucky with Ward Prowse mate. I really hate that Big Club release clause. I have found a way to glitch it though. When the offer comes in offer the player in question a contract. The offers will then go away

59 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Unlucky with Ward Prowse mate. I really hate that Big Club release clause. I have found a way to glitch it though. When the offer comes in offer the player in question a contract. The offers will then go away

Good shout mate cheers I'll use that in future ?

Another season completed, another 5th place finish with a 1 point improvement on last season, not scoring as many but conceding less so all in all I'm happy, although we could have won the league had we not lost 2 and drawn 2 of the last 5 games. On a more positive note however, we did win the Capital One Cup and Euro Cup which is a great achievement!

Comparing to the first save, I had been sacked by Middlesbrough and ended up in the VNN with local club Darlington 1883, I thought the best thing to do at the time was start from the bottom and prove my worth as a football manager.

image.png

image.png

Just a little update. I am the new manager of Wales. Having failed to qualify for the 2020 Euros they are ranked 30th in the world. With key players Bale, Ramsey and Allen being aged 30 and below there is still time for me to achieve some moderate success with this team. Neil Taylor and Andy King play for me at Middlesbrough so I know they are in tip top condition.

image.png

Another end of season capitulation saw us miss out on the title again, but very happy with 3rd place, finishing 5 points better off than last season, and our goal scoring stats are improving. The highlight being a 5-0 mauling of Barcelona at the Riverside, with a 2-2 draw at The Nou Camp to seal a Champions Cup quarter final date with Bayern, which we lost on away goals.

In comparison to the first save, we had a great season in the VNN winning the league comfortably in the end, good players are hard to come by at that level with money being so tight, so I had to rely on a few youngsters to get a squad together but it paid off in the end.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Qualified for the Champions League again by finishing 4th. Not entirely happy as last season we finished 3rd with 4 more points but never mind. Goal scoring a problem again but form was more consistent. Made it to the Champions Cup final only to be beaten 1-0 by Manchester City.

In comparison to the first save we were doing well in the VNL after promotion, 8th after 24 games. However a big club came calling, and although I didn't want to leave this project, I felt as though I was a good fit for Coventry City, a sleeping giant to some extent in mid table in League 2. Mid table to winners in half a season and this is just the start of an incredible journey with the Sky Blues.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Our best season yet! Highest points tally, joint highest finishing position of 3rd, winning the Capital One Cup and the Champions League. Starting to gel just nicely now, onwards and upwards!

Compared to winning League 1 with Coventry City and reaching the JPT final.

image.png

image.png

Overachieved at the 2022 World Cup with Wales, reaching the final. Very dissapointed that we didn't turn up on the day, we beat Spain and Brazil along the way so expected a bit more but just weren't good enough. 

image.png

image.png

image.png

38 minutes ago, Taff said:

Fantastic going dude really enjoyed following this and thanks for getting Wales to the World Cup Final KIU

Cheers mate I'm so disappointed though, might never happen again, Bale is 32, Ramsey is 31, who I've just signed on free transfers for the Boro, Andy King and Neil Taylor won't make standard anymore, Sam Vokes is getting worse and there isn't many strikers to choose from. I shall soldier on and hope for some good young players coming through.

7 minutes ago, Muzza2108 said:

Cheers mate I'm so disappointed though, might never happen again, Bale is 32, Ramsey is 31, who I've just signed on free transfers for the Boro, Andy King and Neil Taylor won't make standard anymore, Sam Vokes is getting worse and there isn't many strikers to choose from. I shall soldier on and hope for some good young players coming through.

Hopefully you can get Bale and Ramsey regens once they retire but I'm sure you'll do my country proud