Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Inspired by Taff's and AndersJ's roads to glory!

Xxandx

By reading the stories by @Taff and @AndersJ, I got so inspired to something on my own. To take a team from the very bottom, and raise them up to into glory just seems like to much fun to resist!? The last time I took any lower league team anywere, was with Wolverhampton in CM 97/98 (I think?)? I have no idea what I'm getting myself into this time (alot of trouble as always most likely...?). I have no knowledge about the teams, nor players. 

I present to you: FC United of Manchester aka Red Rebels!

-The team was founded in 2005. By most teams standards, that's no history at all! The pages are blank, trophy cabinets are yet to be filled and team legends are yet to be made. It's all new adventures from here!?

-The goals are simple enough: The throne of Manchester and England, and world domination of course...? As I look over my team, I realise we have some ways to go, a long long long road ahead of us, but we are coming Man Utd and Man City!

-Like I always do, I create more challanges for myself, so I'm gonna build my team with only UK & Ireland players, to see if that's even possible! And I will build the team with young talented players. Homegrown and scouted talents. Basically I want to grow my own heros! 

-With the little funds I started out with, I have used to delve a little into my "grey reserves" for backups and filling some gaps. There is not much to sell really, a couple of older players for a cop of coffee maybe...?

-First season objectives by the board, is getting a respectable league position. I said yes to the lowest expectations to buy me som space and time. If we get promotions the suprise will get all that much greater, right???

-I'm using a tactic I have grown very fond off, a tactic created by a really nice and welcoming person @Mikee1984, I really hope this is alright with you mate??

Cheers!?

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

@XxandxHey there mate, it would be my pleasure for you to use my tactic I hope it brings you plenty off success with FC United. I will look forward to seeing how you go, also love the twist of a only using Uk and Irish players that's cool.. so good luck my friend.

Edited by Mikee1984
29 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

@XxandxHey there mate, it would be my pleasure for you to use my tactic I hope it brings you plenty off success with FC United. I will look forward to seeing how you go, also love the twist of a only using Uk and Irish players that's cool.. so good luck my friend.

Thank you mate!? Really appriciate that! 

Very very interesting only to use players from the uk and Ireland :)! Im sure you will succeed in time with that tactic although you dont have the money to fund greatness at the moment :)

best of luck from here :)

The road so far:

-As I started out, I noticed these wanarama teams are Semi-Professionals. None of the players in my team had a contract beyond 2016.? Come January and end off season, players will be snapped up by other teams or just run out contract. With very meager funds, there's no way to keep all the players. The new contracts they wanted are just way to much. After extending 3 of the players contracts, I was already entering "the dark side".? I decided to just sell a bunch off them now while I can get something out off them. Players aren't really worth much, but you release a lot of high wages. I used some off those new-found wages to delve into the "grey reserves" for replacements. Youngsters only demands 150-170£ a pop for an extended contract, and does have bigger PA. Now we have our heads above the water, and not sinking in dept.??

-Squad contains: 1 Irish, and the rest are English.

-We have started out this season very strongly. We are attacking each opponent with fury!? 

The Red Rebels marches on...

Cheers!?

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Great start mate, some really impressive results. Are you using the same tactic, defence looks to good to be my 442 counter ha.

Edited by Mikee1984

It's working wonders for me. ? Thank you Mikee for this tactic!?

All I've changed was the AF to a Poacher, and using FB's and CD's instead of the usual WB's and LD's. And I put one off the CD's as captain. Seems to stabilize defense a little. And sometimes during a match, if we are in the lead, but things feels a little unstable, I tone it down to 'balanced' and hit the 'men behind ball' button. The game gets a little more rigid, but tends to slow opposition down a little. 

Be well mates!?✌

image.png

Edited by Xxandx

Wow that's very impressive mate glad the tactic is working so well for you, and your still scoring for fun but hardly conceding which is great. 

Edited by Mikee1984

I'm not trying to come off as an expert or anything, cause I'm really not. As I'm fairly new to the game, I test a lot as I go, and try to learn from the tactics others are making, to understand how roles and everything works.? 

A January update:

Since the last update we did hit a little more bumpier road, but we are fighting tooth and nails, and we still have our eyes on the big price. ?

We also do have a little eye on that F.A Trophy Cup. ?

We are still hanging around in the F.A cup, although we face a tough challange in our next match against Sheff.Wed. As this is not a priority right now, my goal will be to keep key-players from potential injuries.

We are staying true to Mikee's tactic, and it's serving us well!?

In other news, Louis van Gaal has been sacked!? Not important right now, but the day we take over Manchester, something in me needs to know that Utd and City are still among the big clubs. If you know what I mean??

Take care and be safe!?

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Xxandx

It's a fun little tactic you have there!? As I have played on. I have noticed the difference it can make using a CD as captain (if they have good leadership). Keeping the back 4 more in check. Just meant as a slight observation.? And having two strikers on top is really great. Both TM and AF, creates a lot for each other and the other players around them, while they are also scoring goals. High Teamwork is a nice stat to have on players I think...?

Other than that I think winning 100% matches is not possible. Just how the game works I guess...?

Edited by Xxandx
1 hour ago, Xxandx said:

It's a fun little tactic you have there!? As I have played on. I have noticed the difference it can make using a CD as captain (if they have good leadership). Keeping the back 4 more in check. Just meant as a slight observation.? And having two strikers on top is really great. Both TM and AF, creates a lot for each other and the other players around them, while they are also scoring goals. High Teamwork is a nice stat to have on players I think...?

Other than that I think winning 100% matches is not possible. Just how the game works I guess...?

Haha great observation there mate we can never win 100% of matches but we will always try. With perseverance and a bit of luck on the way we will SUCCEED ?.

End off season 1!

Since I'm utterly utterly utterly speachless right now, I'm just gonna let images speak for themselves!?

When I started out, I thought my team looked like they were asembled outside a local pub, and that it would take some doing getting a promotion. I didn't expect this! A promotion and the FA Throphy Cup! What is going on...?? All I did was deploy Mikee's 442 (attacking), and press play!??

What a season by the Red Rebels!

We will be back with more news as we start off our second season in the Wanarama National!?

Take care and have a fantastic weekend!?

Holy Moly....

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

8 minutes ago, Talisman said:

What a great first season! Keep it up and by the looks of it, conference prem will be a walk in the park :P

Thank you mate!? It will be tons off fun, I'm sure!?