Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Tactical_templates.xml

Dar J

I was look at the files in the games data and I came across the file named in the title so I opened it and it seemed interesting so I want to ask if someone knows what it is or if it is something that can be used and how.

Thanks for any reply 

14 minutes ago, Dec said:

Can I have a snippet of what is in the file please? Is it readable?

Screenshot_20160810-114645.thumb.png.2ca

Yes it's readable and you can edit it, I've played around with it in the screenshot to see what it does but I'm not sure 

26 minutes ago, Dar J said:

I think that is what it does but i'll need people that play on the enhanced engine to try and play with it and see if it changes something

As far as I am aware it does. I believe people have tried it before.

This folder is for AI team tactics. AI team will load these .tac file during match against you.

As my understanding, this is like a template file. Edit this file will not impact player performance.

I believe the 2-4-4.tac file is the real tactics setting file. But I have no idea for it now.

PS. I have tried to delete some .tac file and only remain one tactics, for example, I leave 2-3-5.tac file only. I hope this will force AI only use 2-3-5 formation. But I failed.... Game crushed.

More...

xxxx.pct file in formation folder is pre-set tactics which game player can select.

And .cpt file and .tac file is not in same structure. So, AI is using another tactics setting system.

1 hour ago, rseven said:

More...

xxxx.pct file in formation folder is pre-set tactics which game player can select.

And .cpt file and .tac file is not in same structure. So, AI is using another tactics setting system.

I'm confused now ??

1 hour ago, rseven said:

More...

You said the xxxx.pct file in the formation folder is the pre-set tactics which game player can select which is right. My question now is "what happens if I don't play play any of those would it be under the xxxx.pct or xxxx.tac

I've edited the template a little bit to see if it has any effect in game and I noticed a slight change in my players so now I don't know if I see the changes because my mind tells me there should be changes or because I changed the way the AI players play or because I changed the way my players play