Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Rise of the Lions

Harish

Right,so after seeing my Liverpool career attract only few I have decided to go to a club that I have not managed since the days of CM 98/99,it was my most memorable save ever in my life and the club is.....

Screenshot_2016-08-04-13-08-53.png.2b15c

Guiseley AFC!!!!!!!

So,what made me manage this club?

Simple,I looked for a challenge in the lower league and when I came across this wonderful team,my old memories came back flooding towards me.Not only that Guiseley have a stadium capable of holding only meagre 3000 and minimal capacity.Oh and we are predicted to finish last.Joy.....

I am really a bit rusty in these types of saves so if you guys can please help me with signings, tactics etc.It would be really appreciated.

Wish I could help you out there mate, but I have so little knowledge about lower leagues and it's players. I go by extensive scouting and bad judgement calls...? Not that my FC United has any funds anyways...?

But enjoy the game, it's very rewarding when things starting to work out. ?

Looking forward to see how you get on with it?

20 hours ago, Xxandx said:

Wish I could help you out there mate, but I have so little knowledge about lower leagues and it's players. I go by extensive scouting and bad judgement calls...? Not that my FC United has any funds anyways...?

But enjoy the game, it's very rewarding when things starting to work out. ?

Looking forward to see how you get on with it?

Well mate bit unhappy to hear the lack of tips but nice to see someone  at least mention the reason for it. 

The save will definitelyl  get interesting as it progresses. 

15 hours ago, AndersJ said:

Best of luck Harish - this looks - as you mentioned yourself - a bit more interesting that a career with Liverpool :)! 

Thanks AndersJ this career indeed will be interesting than Liverpool. 

14 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Good luck mate. Hopefully you can get the, to the Premier League

Thanks mate, getting to the premier league is going to be interesting. 

5 hours ago, Taff said:

Good luck dude I'll be following this with great interest 

Thanks mate, happy to keep you interested. 

Summer update 15-16:

So after taking over the reins I went on t analyse the squad and here are a few point I noted:

No one is good for a promotion campaign

Almost everyone in the club have low pace and stamina

I have no proper wingers.

I thought I could bring some new faces in to solve some of the problems but when you have only 40k in your kitty and almost no room in the wage budget to spare,its hard to bring in reinforcements.But I managed to add some quality to the squad.Please forgive for the lack of transfers quality,like I said my knowledge of the lower leagues is almost none.

Transfers:

Screenshot_2016-08-06-04-02-36.png.ffb57

I bought in some decent guys in and though they are not exactly gonna set the world on fire they could certainly do a decent job.

Warburton was bought in to replace my main striker Haddock who wasn't good enough for this level.Ian vicars despite looking unspectacular was capable of playing both near the keeper and the strikers.October again was not exactly great but my scouts rated him stronger than my best left back.Lafferty was bought in because he had a finishing stat of 17 and that's a rare thing in the non-leagues.Lowe on the other hand was surplus to requirements and so was shipped of to Whitehawk.

League so far:

Screenshot_2016-08-06-04-02-58.png.7918f

Well we started off awfully but slowly built on wins,so I actually think that as long as injuries dont cripple my squad I can finish in a higher midtable position or even reach the playoffs if I am lucky 

I will be posting an update after the January transfer window shuts.

Thank you guys for reading this.

On 18/08/2016 at 12:53, Taff said:

Nice start dude I'm sure things are only going to improve from here on

Thanks mate certainly hoping things will get better.