Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Sweeper Keeper?

Unfortunately sweeper keepers are part of an elite group of roles which never seem to get used in popular tactics (SK, Sweeper, Defensive Winger and Defensive Forward.)

If you really want to use one, they will operate most effectively in a team that plays a high defensive line, and aims to retain possession in the opposition half- as this allows them to fulfill all aspects of their role.

4 hours ago, Fish18ish said:

Unfortunately sweeper keepers are part of an elite group of roles which never seem to get used in popular tactics (SK, Sweeper, Defensive Winger and Defensive Forward.)

If you really want to use one, they will operate most effectively in a team that plays a high defensive line, and aims to retain possession in the opposition half- as this allows them to fulfill all aspects of their role.

Depends on how you play, i use defensive forwards and defensive wingers sometimes while I really use SK because I haven't found anyone with the right attribute 

4 hours ago, Dar J said:

Depends on how you play, i use defensive forwards and defensive wingers sometimes while I really use SK because I haven't found anyone with the right attribute 

Thats quite impressive if you've got those roles into a good tactic, but I don't know of any tactics here on Vibe that use defensive forwards or defensive wingers. Whenever I've had a flirtation with them I always find they just aren't very good compared to other, more versatile roles.

I use the defensive forward when I play 2 strikers and because I was tired of the DLF taking long shots.

The DF passes the ball always and shoots (rarely) when needed.

I played the defensive wingers in the 4-4-2 narrow diamond because the AI wingers were causing a lot of problems from crosses so my wingers pushed forward to press them before the got into crossing areas 

I don't use sweeper keepers because I don't trust them. I don't like giving the AI cheap ways of taking advantage or giving the game a chance to screw me. I was so excited for the role but it's just a liability. Same reason why I don't ever use a back three anymore, from experience the AI will always batter you from wide and that one cross and header will always out smart your back three and keeper :@

Yes. Too many combinations and roles in the game that simply don't work. There should be atleast some way to have success with every role, other wise it shouldn't be in the game. Perhaps adding the role mentality things from the PC version (attack, defend, support) would get around these issues?

Issue is we have to guess what each role does. The tactics are preset and we guess. We have no real control, all we can do is what SI suggest, we aren't managers, just directors of football ;). Maybe what I think a BBM is isn't what SI think? 

We need the PSP style back, being able to edit what roles do. Turning off long shots on ISF and stuff like using arrows so your DMC splits the CBS who cover the WBs and so on. 

8 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Issue is we have to guess what each role does. The tactics are preset and we guess. We have no real control, all we can do is what SI suggest, we aren't managers, just directors of football ;). Maybe what I think a BBM is isn't what SI think? 

We need the PSP style back, being able to edit what roles do. Turning off long shots on ISF and stuff like using arrows so your DMC splits the CBS who cover the WBs and so on. 

Definitely agree with the arrows thing, it's never been clear to me exactly the difference between a BWM and a DLP and which one (if any) does what you just mentioned. Arrows would clear that up. Just greater tactical detail in general is what we need though, because theres only a few tactical combinations in fmm2016 that actually work. So making tactics feels repetitive as I constantly find myself relying upon the same formations and roles to achieve success, with little room for experimentation and variation without the AI cheating you out of results.

It's all up to interpretation and opinion which is the issue. It's why I don't write or read "tactical" things here anymore as its all myths and theories as only SI know. Look at Moreno's in game stats, are these people you trust? lol. 

We think a role isn't working as it should, maybe that's what SI think that role should do? Tbh we have no idea if a role works as it should as we have no idea what each role is meant to bloody do according to SI lol. The game offers no insight at all, one of the reasons Vibe is so big is for people coming here looking for such info. 

I miss the days of creative freedom in this game, honestly you guys would lose your heads if you saw my set up in 2013 haha (for my eyes only but it had 3 fullbacks :p) 

Sweeper keepers are useful if you are playing a pressing tactic and the offside trap, but you really do need the right kind of keeper to do this effectively. Just as in real life (witness City banishing hart) there are very few players with the technical ability, the command of their area, and the tactical awareness to do this. I think the game should give reasonable clues as to what should work if the manager employs a bit of common sense ;)