Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Can't win away from home.


 Share

Recommended Posts

Currently playing a MyClub save. Started in the Vanarama South and have stormed to two consecutive titles, but I always noticed that my away form was not quite as good as my home form, but that's to be expected, right? 

Well this season, I have failed to obtain any wins away in the league, despite regularly dishing out big wins when at my home ground. And it's worth noting that I have one of the strongest squad's in the league (think I might have made the MyClub players a bit too good ?).

Screenshot_2016-08-19-21-05-11.thumb.png

This is a common example of an away game this season, whereby I play really quite well, yet results don't seem to go my way. I don't feel as though the game is cheating me out of results, yet these bad results are still coming, despite acceptable performances, too frequently to just be bad luck.

Screenshot_2016-08-19-21-05-38.thumb.png

I don't think it would be right to blame it on the game's dubious and somewhat random results system here, so I'm going to ask this:

Do you guys approach away games any differently to home games, and if so, how??

This is my formation and tactics: 

Screenshot_2016-08-19-20-56-50.thumb.pngScreenshot_2016-08-19-20-57-05.thumb.png

I think perhaps I might need to play more defensively, but I'm not familiar with good defensive tactics, and would like to retain the core philosophy of my team. 

I would appreciate any sharing of advice or knowledge on the matter, and hopefully someone can help me out...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm just a novice but I'll try to help. From what I see it's probably the fact that your mentality is attacking, no naturally your players are going to be caught out of position often and the opposition will counter. I'd switch the mentality to balanced, turn on offside trap (if your defense has the attributes to do so), and maybe switch to direct on away games. Also take into consideration on how the opposition teams line up and adjust your tactics to counter thiers.

EDIT:I'd definitely turn on offside trap if you stick to attacking.

Edited by LOLITSLIT
Link to comment
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LOLITSLIT said:

I'm just a novice but I'll try to help. From what I see it's probably the fact that your mentality is attacking, no naturally your players are going to be caught out of position often and the opposition will counter. I'd switch the mentality to balanced, turn on offside trap (if your defense has the attributes to do so), and maybe switch to direct on away games. Also take into consideration on how the opposition teams line up and adjust your tactics to counter thiers.

EDIT:I'd definitely turn on offside trap if you stick to attacking.

I have fiddled with the idea of an offside trap before but my defenders don't really have the pace, decision making nor positioning to make it effective (and that is the case with most defenders in the lower leagues of English Football). 

I have also tried using a more balanced mentality away from home, but over time I have come to learn that balanced actually encourages your players to be more patient with their build up play and thus keep posession. Trying to keep posession kind of goes against the idea of being the more defensive and deep sitting away team, and doesn't suit my quick attack players who thrive from fast balls to the front men.

I think your ideas are logical and thanks for your advice, but I think the tactical adjustments you mentioned go against the philosophy I currently have implemented in my team, and perhaps doesn't suit the player's which I could potentially have at my disposal.

Although in saying that, your points make a lot of sense and would probably work with a lot of teams, so thanks for taking the time to leave a reply and try to help me out ?.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Fish18ish said:

Why do you think the offside trap is so useful BTW? I've not really cared much for it myself.

It could be useful if you have the right players if you plan on attacking mentality because when the AI hits you on counter attacks with long balls you are more likely to catch the attackers offside then when the defenders stay deep and try to deal with 2 strikers especially if they've got pace.

For me it's a gamble because it doesn't always work.

I'm running a save in Wales and my defenders are slow but I choose not to use the offside trap even when I go attacking because I've set the tackling option to cautious so theoretically when those long balls come they won't dive at the strikers but take time to position themselves for s tackle at the right time. like I said it's only a theory no one knows if it really works that way but I've had more success with that than playing with the offside trap and tackling hard 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Fish18ish said:

I have fiddled with the idea of an offside trap before but my defenders don't really have the pace, decision making nor positioning to make it effective (and that is the case with most defenders in the lower leagues of English Football). 

I have also tried using a more balanced mentality away from home, but over time I have come to learn that balanced actually encourages your players to be more patient with their build up play and thus keep posession. Trying to keep posession kind of goes against the idea of being the more defensive and deep sitting away team, and doesn't suit my quick attack players who thrive from fast balls to the front men.

I think your ideas are logical and thanks for your advice, but I think the tactical adjustments you mentioned go against the philosophy I currently have implemented in my team, and perhaps doesn't suit the player's which I could potentially have at my disposal.

Although in saying that, your points make a lot of sense and would probably work with a lot of teams, so thanks for taking the time to leave a reply and try to help me out ?.

 

16 minutes ago, Fish18ish said:

Why do you think the offside trap is so useful BTW? I've not really cared much for it myself.

I completely understand as I like to play fast pace football using attacking formations.I hope somebody can help you out :).

I use the offside trap since whenever I use it my team tends to leak less goals than without it on, more so with a really attacking formation or 3 at the back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interestingly after playing another 20 games or so  away form did start improving, despite me not making any major changes. Thanks for all the suggestions though, and I plan to try the offside trap when(or if) I've got the player's to perform one effectively.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quick question expanding on the last one though, does anyone always set out with an entirely  system for away games from what you use at home? I know on a lot of Football Manager forums people do, but I didn't think this was something popular in fmm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...