Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat What to do?

RickyRicon

Now I started a game in League 2 England with Wycombe Wanderers randomly chosen because I liked the 'feel' of the logo colors and name haha... really. Now I put them on steroids built an amazing team young (with the exepcion of Tevez) facilities maxed coaches too. Absolutely smashed League 2, crushed League 1 and just finished the Championship winning it not so much smashing or crushing but still breezing through. Now I got my team ready to go for the Premier League full of talent and beasts that have gelled 3 years hardened their defensive wall and loosened their goalscoring feet.

Now its 2018 and the World Cup is about to finish, the Dutch (Iam) got knocked out which means surely the coach will get sacked and so I was pondering to take it over by sending a request to coach. So i went to the Job Offer screen but meh... the Dutch national side was not up for grabs the managers position wasnt even insecure. When the WC finishes surely it will but now this happened. Browsing through the list I found Clermont Foot in League 1 France, never seen Clermont Foot before so must be a promoted side. Guess what now I like the feel of that club haha and thinking about managing it and giving PSG nightmares... Should I? 

On the downside I'll leave Wycombe Wanderers and my goal was to win the Prem with them but if I do somebody else will coach Clermont and since I feel Clermont is a fringe club in the French League 1, it most probably gets relegated and I wont be able to pick it even if the manager position becomes vacant in lower leagues because i can only choose from French League 1. :@:@:@

image.png

Hey mate :)

First of all - you are NOT the only one sometimes picking the team by colours and logo :)

second - it could Sound like you hit the end of the Road with wycombe, IF youre in doubt - then skip them and start a whole new game with another coloured team in another country - OR take on one of the Challenges in the forum, thats my only "advice" :) 

good luck with your choice :)

@AndersJ Yea you got to look at those colors and logos for a while so I guess thats true. And with Wycombe I know I will end at least top 3 Premier League. I got the team crammed with beasts each for their positions obviously. Should be a breeze. As for the challenge I was actually thinking about doing the Euro challenge but in a save game not a new one so its fresh and wont be looking up the usual names to sign. But for now...image.thumb.png.edf0606ccd2988217ae7ec0eimage.thumb.png.f2fa0ac07a73849fb46b1922

.... I joined Clermont Foot 63!!! And as I thought would happen:image.thumb.png.156cce6a71ae2f3044320fedSo I got that job too, though choosing the English Leagues first the dutch players arent that many and really mediocre bwa for my taste but I'll manage untill I can plant regens in the dutch side.

As for Clermont threw out a lot of players it really cost me to sign new players to it more so then with Wycombe (Wycombe was League 2 the 4th tier in England) and Clermont though relativly unknown is in the French equivalent of the Premier. Also it was very difficult to find good coaches that wanted to come over for the posts I wanted (got them though needed to train one up and thank god he passed the exam otherwise FIRED! haha). Couldnt get the players I liked but got the ones I needed so got a mishmash band of people from all over. Cant sign over players from Wycombe (one of the very few rules I stick with... though when I left Wycombe sold a promising youngster to a League 2 club and well I bought him out of there immediatly) and I try to sign national players for the country Im playing in (Wycombe had Englands best or promising in my opinion) and besides the Pogbas that I cant sign I didnt find much French players to my liking so the team ended up like the United Nations (hope to straighten that out in the next couple of seasons).

Dont have the perfect team after a real bland start I start to win:image.thumb.png.9efac888b59fe52d11bf6c03And guess what? Wycombe in my absence is demonstrating I left it in good shape to content for the Prem years to come:image.thumb.png.5e602f4395167a53d8410b34Still got a Wycombe backup save just for when I might want to return to the exect team I left.

@CroweAlready jumped ship, right on board 2 other ones: Netherlands and Clermont! Green and Yellow you say? .... Must be talking about ADO or Fortuna Sittard surely:laugh:image.thumb.png.3f431f0f65f8c0f334283e83image.thumb.png.a79f5edc4d60b5e39cef5125

image.png

Edited by RickyRicon

Really? I left Wycombe with a dream team and chockfull of players... like I mentioned above I had to scramble players for my new Clermont team from all over. On top of that they got Blanc to manage the team currently number one.image.thumb.png.c0fecb77567730c01dc0d576

Now after 10 games into the season Wycombe wants to buy a player of mine (Not gonna happen)image.thumb.png.6002fe2104f29007e7821373image.thumb.png.1e9017ce3855e38e7552c76d

WTF? Cranked the price up to 90M surely they where going to back down and Zahovic wasnt going to complain for flat out rejecting...image.thumb.png.d0e2a12ec834e8ec077e135f

Wycombe counters with 95M!!! PSG looking like cheapskates here...

Edited by RickyRicon

@AndersJ Denmark right around the corner :D. Ajax big in Denmark? Well I guess that makes sense colorsceme-wise. Anyway Ajax is not only known in Denmark since Barcelona is Ajax's son just as Pep Guardiola is Cruijf's son ;)image.thumb.jpeg.f25aa39d3587cc6b6c0b966

Admitted by their own president!

What did I do with the 95M? Shoved it up Laurent Blanc's behind hahaha. I raised it to 130M (on purpose) which they didn't follow up.

Thing is I can't get the top established strikers to come neither I want to. I like signing the youngsters preferably pre 20's develop them and be 'homegrown' so Zahovic is a bit on the older side for being a new signing. As I said before my team is a national mishmash and unaffortunatly age-wise too due to me not liking too much what is out there right now in this save. So I dont find any player I like that can replace Zahovic thus I decided to stick with him.image.thumb.jpeg.5841b7b3bf24df033d4d178

Edited by RickyRicon

How did you sign so many beasts for wycombe?...its boring i think far to easy....but i to have thought about being them and often gone for the wycombe job cus of the colour scheme lol

Edited by Rhys Rockley