Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Only 3 stars PA?

RickyRicon

All this stupid feature does is cause confusion. I don't see why they feel the need for scouts to "lie" about players never mind the fact this isn't explained in game. This has to be one of the most questioned things within the game by new players. 

I understand coaches get it wrong in real life, but it's just a stupid feature in the game. I also understand it tries to push players to make their own judgement but when people don't know to not trust scouts it just doesn't work. With PA lists, the editors and everything else I just don't see the point in trying to mask this stuff anymore, because currently coach reports are a joke that confuse new players and are ignored by experienced players, completely pointless. 

@Real_RandomI dont trust those scout reports mate but thanks for heeding me of those pesky scout and coach reports. I just point out he obvious kind of as in complaining about how off target those reports come in.

@Ashez Totally agree with you I know not to trust those reports anyway but Iam venting about the dissatisfaction this brings me as when overseeing my team I like to see a list of shiny ramped up 5 stars but maybe Iam just bitching. This player obviously will be in my team but tarnishes the cosmetics a bit with his 3 stars. HOWEVER sometimes I see 5 star players with bad stats but get rated highly ingame which is evident in some of those winning Player of the year month world etc. Those are hyped up but ingame they get those awards and their prices skyrocket and in simulated games between 2 cpu teams they get asigned good form goals etc. So they get kind of a boost of being 5 star often got players way better not winning the same creds. Or see the same hype and price increase around them.

My point is if this rating and stars affect a player beneficial upwards I asume this also works downwards meaning having high stats players but getting toned down as in a player that logicalwise should have loads of chances because his stats are so much better than the defenders of an oposing team and has no reason to constantly bang in 5 goals a game gets toned down to 1 or 2 goals because a fauñty coach gives him 3 stars. (people that say wel 5 goals a game for one player is not realistic bla bla true but if I max out team players of the WHOLE team as in best of the best 70% in the green and the rest in blue players and thus the whole team is on steroids and a fusion of ronaldo and messi in their respective positions. This makes it like my team is like Real Madrid and most of the rest is an amateur club from Uzbekistan in comparisson [no disrespect meant] and so yes 20-0 games and players scoring routinely 5 goals a game is realistic).

Sorry about this long post hope you guys can understand what Iam trying to say.

Edited by RickyRicon

Though sometimes it does affect my actual playing as in that i keep players that I feel they are going to make it and my mistake and their stats become painfully obvious when they start to stall in their growth. No big deal as i'll just sell them but the thing is that I gave those players a spot and valuable playing time which equals developing time which I could have spend on another player. Acurate scout reports and coach reports would help if they at least were acurate... OR dynamic as in it changes the longer a player is known.. downwards if for example he gets injured long term and upward with training etc. for the CA but PA should be fixed and if not also dynamic but based on the time being at the club as to say the coaches get to know him better and better going only upward or stalling at his max but not up and down for obscure reasons. But definitly not how it is right now getting rated 2 or 3 stars no matter the time spend at the club. If a club signs Neymar maybe the first year the coaches dont know him that well and might be wrong but after 6 years and 200+ games countles goals after its ridiculous they keep their rating the same as when he just came in.

I can accept the scouting reports being wrong as this is realistic. 

What I can't accept is our own coach reports being way off. When they work with the player day in day out they should be more accurate with their evaluation of him. 

Bear in mind that the star rating is highly dependent on the quality of the other players in your squad, so if you have other players in the same position that are better then he would get a 3* rating (as the coach says, he's the 4th best midfielder).

In this case, the player looks good but it seems like he may already be near his max potential (as evidenced by the star rating for potential ability). Also I think that his physical attributes may be making the player look better than he actually is, 16 passing, 13 creativity, 14 decisions and 15 positioning is good, but not amazing (you likely have better players than this, judging by your other posts that I've seen).

We are looking to improve this area of the game though, so examples like this are quite useful, especially with screenshots of the players that the coaches think are better (if you think that they aren't).

Edited by Jack Joyce

Absolutely agree that seeing a good player with rubbish star ratings is frustrating, I've got my own example ,

Screenshot_2016-07-05-08-30-57.pngScreenshot_2016-07-05-08-31-07.png

Statistically the best Midfielder in the world, I've taken him round with me to most of the clubs I have managed, and always get a "however the fans are slightly disappointed with the signing of...".

Might be worth noting he was a greyed out player when I promoted him at norwich, but come on coaches, you got a grudge against him after a training ground bust up or something?

After I left Marseille he was released at the end of his contract and signed for Crewe on a free, playing 6 times in 3 seasons.

Bull?

@Fish18ish Hahaha yeah that happened with me too when I left a club they let a star player go for free and then withers away.

And yes you got a very solid midfielder there definitly worldclass! But as @Jack Joyce said its in comparison to what you already have in the club. Coaches should compare with whats out there in the game so world class stays world class if you got Pogba, Kroos, Rakitic and James in one team they just have a superstar midfield its not like one of them or two of them become mediocre because there are other topnotch players around. A good way the game could fix this is have a third rating. So current star ability, team rating (team-compared ability which compares you with your current set of players) and potential star ability (which should give you star rating on how the player compares to the rest of the world) One could say well at some point there can be 50 worldclass strikers at a time so it stays the same and you can recieve 3 stars anyway this is where the game should throw in perspective there might be 50 worldclass strikers but of the 5000 there are they are the one percent thus still worthy of a very starry rating. This should be correctly balanced otherwise its just same old, same old.

(Everything mentioned is just my opinion nothing more Iam still playing FMM this (2016) is the first one on my phone but got hooked in 2006 with FM2007 [recently found a bunch of papers from about 8 years ago -guess FM2008 was running- with scribbled up player lists players to buy to sell to loan hahaha] I dont know the CM series though but now all in all almost 10 years playing FM only skipping 2016 on PC I'll pick up the slack with FM2017... so always played FM and will for a very long time to come)

Couldnt leave not editing this in... Who remembers Sherman Cardenas? World Class...image.jpeg

Edited by RickyRicon

We are looking at some of the ways scout/coach reports give you feedback so hopefully there will be some improvement in these areas in the future. I agree that it is useful to have a 'general' rating when looking at signing players, but I think for coach reports the assessment should be purely about where they rank in your team (since a coach will not be concerned about these things, but a scout would). 

Couldn't disagree with Jack more. 

If you have Neymar, Messi and Suarez in your team then it stands to reason they should all be 5 stars. 

The best being 5 then the next two players given less ratings solely because they are just not quite as good is ridiculous. They are all 5 star players, end of. 

2 hours ago, Fish18ish said:

Trust me, this guy was my best Midfielder by an absolute mile

Hahaha yup I got him a couple of times too just like Oscar Ustari was the goalkeeper sensation.

1 hour ago, billy2shots said:

Couldn't disagree with Jack more. 

If you have Neymar, Messi and Suarez in your team then it stands to reason they should all be 5 stars. 

The best being 5 then the next two players given less ratings solely because they are just not quite as good is ridiculous. They are all 5 star players, end of. 

Yes that was kinda what I was aiming at... I always tend to get carried away. :D