Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Rooney's a defender?

Fish18ish

Sorry for the title @Ashez ?

Been checking on the EPL regularly during my Norwich save (using an updated database). Manchester United ended up winning the title.

Funny thing is, all season they've been using attacking players in defense, and their actual defenders have only a handful of appearances between them.

Screenshot_2016-09-21-19-05-58.png

I know the AI's decision making during games is normally ludicrous, but this is just taking it to another level.

Other tactical abominations to note are that Pogba and De Gea haven't played a single game this season, and both have been fully fit.

This is a wider issue too. Regularly when teams switch to that wretched 4-4-2 around 60 mins, multiple players end up in positions they have no ability in for long periods of the game. Yet the opposition normally go on to do quite well in these cluster f*ck formations. 

As you can probably tell I'm quite angry. This 4-4-2 and the mispositioning bug are so bloody pathetic for such a big brand like football manager. Why would a big team completely ditch it's philosophy during a game to switch to the exact same 4-4-2 with the exact same roles and instructions that every other team does??!

If these issues prevail in FMM2017, I shall be rating the game 1 star on Google play, and I urge other members to do the same.

Now I wonder whether anyone from SI will bother to reply? They normally shy away from posts like this.

I agree with you on the unfairness of the game as AI with players grossly out of position play and perform like they are tactically sound more so with big teams (sounds like hardcoding perfomances and results for the hyped few) if so this is completly fake and not at all realistic if for example MU in real life plays out of position or would over time buy crappy players or in this case having top notch players and not play them for some unknown reason they would lose like an amateur club would in the premier league still in the game they get results.

On players not being played a real real waste because their stats drop its like withering away a player when I leave clubs it bothers me they let gems i put in a couple of years wither away or sell them cheap or for free and wither away in another club WHILE inferior players get favored.

Big issues of tactically unsound AI with the worst part of this they still get decent results. And players being wasted.

We've already stated on many occasions that we are looking into this issue. It's not so much 'shying away' as it is not wanting to waste time addressing something that we already have several times (we're very busy).

1 hour ago, Jack Joyce said:

We've already stated on many occasions that we are looking into this issue. It's not so much 'shying away' as it is not wanting to waste time addressing something that we already have several times (we're very busy).

We need result. Not excuse. We pay for game and fun, not bugs.

23 minutes ago, rseven said:

We need result. Not excuse. We pay for game and fun, not bugs.

What excuse have I made exactly? :unamused: We're looking into it.

We're incredibly busy so can't respond to all posts, not many companies will regularly respond to questions/queries on 3rd party fansites, especially during busy periods. I respond to a lot of these issues in my spare time outside of work or during my lunch break. I'm not going to waste valuable time responding to the same issue that's already been addressed on 5/6 occasions. If all i'm going to get is rude responses like yours, maybe it's best if we stuck to the official forums in future.

We're incredibly busy so can't respond to all posts, not many companies will regularly respond to questions/queries on 3rd party fansites, especially during busy periods. I respond to a lot of these issues in my spare time outside of work or during my lunch break. I'm not going to waste valuable time responding to the same issue that's already been addressed on 5/6 occasions. If all i'm going to get is rude responses like yours, maybe it's best if we stuck to the official forums in future.

Even in official forum, late or no responses. And the most reply is 'please sent us the save, We will take a look.'

Hi mate, my reply is not to your person. Your replies is very appriciated.

But I am dispoint with the attitude of SI to fmm gamers.

Even in official forum, late or no responses. And the most reply is 'please sent us the save, We will take a look.'

Hi mate, my reply is not to your person. Your replies is very appriciated.

But I am dispoint with the attitude of SI to fmm gamers.

Forget "It is being looked into", a bug as bad as this should never have been in the game at launch.

A back four made of attacking players is totally pathetic, several months later, why are we still getting the same robotic response.

The issue is on the original engine and has been for sometime. SI were unable to do anything about that so gave up and their response is use the EME lol. 

I wouldn't hold your breath for it ever getting sorted. 

I type this whilst playing a save on my tablet. My reserve player has just won player of the month even though he hadn't played a single minute. Another bug known for years without being fixed. 

I don't know about anyone else but I would rather SI just come out and say 'sorry folks, we tried but are unable to fix that' . The constant 'we're looking into it' gets annoying after a while. Mind you so does the threats of staying away from vibe. I always have the image of a baby throwing their toys out the pram. 

1 hour ago, Fish18ish said:

Forget "It is being looked into", a bug as bad as this should never have been in the game at launch.

A back four made of attacking players is totally pathetic, several months later, why are we still getting the same robotic response.

Exactly, I paid around £8 or round about that for it as soon as the game was launched, quite a let down the amount of bugs in this game for that price.

1 hour ago, Fish18ish said:

This is the enhanced engine @billy2shots

I know mate. That's why it's so funny. When I pointed out my continued frustration with players in crazy positions on the OME to @Jack Joyce his reply was the OME is outdated and to use the EME. I guess he ignored the fact that the issue is just as bad on EME. Ironic to say the least  

Edited by billy2shots
2 hours ago, billy2shots said:

I know mate. That's why it's so funny. When I pointed out my continued frustration with players in crazy positions on the OME to @Jack Joyce his reply was the OME is outdated and to use the EME. I guess he ignored the fact that the issue is just as bad on EME. Ironic to say the least  

Yes

Started another save.

The problem continued up until I played them. Interestingly United reverted to a more logical system. I thought the problem was fixed, but no. In they next fixture they played the same dodgy back four they had done all season.

Around January, Mourinho got sacked. Since then, (under Guus Hiddink) they have played a totally normal team, which includes Pogba and De Gea.

How odd