Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Streaming/YT

Talisman

I have been thinking and i want to start streaming/upload a YT series but i have a few questions to ask before i start.....

How many people would be interested in watching either?
If so, any recommendations on who to be?
Should it be challenge based or just general gameplay?

Look forward to any response!

18 minutes ago, Lav50 said:

I would watch YT series any day but my advice is to wait for FMM17

That is months away still. I was thinking of doing a series on YT to finish off this game and to welcome FMM17 with a brand new one?

Out of interest why does video content appeal over written content here at Vibe? 

Historically FMM videos haven't really taken off and that's down to the simple fact of the game just not being interesting enough to watch. Personally it's something I'm not interested in at all but the perfect person to ask would be@JustM1kePlays

8 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Out of interest why does video content appeal over written content here at Vibe? 

Historically FMM videos haven't really taken off and that's down to the simple fact of the game just not being interesting enough to watch. Personally it's something I'm not interested in at all but the perfect person to ask would be@JustM1kePlays

I really enjoy streaming and we have a fair few people with written content and I'm interested to see if there is a follower base for FMM outside of vibe that could potentially be brought here. 

That is one thing I'm fairly worried about is it's not as interesting as desktop FM because it's so streamlined etc.

4 hours ago, Ashez said:

There is always a first timee

Streaming may be better but with YouTube it is a huge waste of time. The game isn't pretty enough nor have enough variety to make it exciting. Even when heavily editing I don't think the audience is there to warrant the amount of time spent on it. Look at Mike'a videos. Less than 1000 on his Feature wish list. That should be buzzing. Then sometimes less than 100 on videos that take 3 hours to edit.

6 hours ago, AndersJ said:

I would say GO for it - best practice is when somebody takes a chance with something :)!

Thanks, will do!

5 hours ago, Dec said:

Streaming may be better but with YouTube it is a huge waste of time. The game isn't pretty enough nor have enough variety to make it exciting. Even when heavily editing I don't think the audience is there to warrant the amount of time spent on it. Look at Mike'a videos. Less than 1000 on his Feature wish list. That should be buzzing. Then sometimes less than 100 on videos that take 3 hours to edit.

Thanks for the advice. I do agree with the lack of variety but there must be something we can do to make it exciting for viewers?

51 minutes ago, Talisman said:

Thanks, will do!

Thanks for the advice. I do agree with the lack of variety but there must be something we can do to make it exciting for viewers?

I think it comes down to time v reward and it is heavily skewed to time. Mike tried with the Heskey challenge. It ticked all the boxes - Memorable, clear aim, short and heavily edited to be just action. It didn't do well at all. That was mostly just goals and Heskey news too.

1 minute ago, Dec said:

I think it comes down to time v reward and it is heavily skewed to time. Mike tried with the Heskey challenge. It ticked all the boxes - Memorable, clear aim, short and heavily edited to be just action. It didn't do well at all. That was mostly just goals and Heskey news too.

That is very disheartening to say the least. I will give his youtube a watch and see the content he has done and see if there is anything different that i can add and hopefully with some more variety of content used from both of us and with some severe hoping it may end up being beneficial.

22 minutes ago, Talisman said:

That is very disheartening to say the least. I will give his youtube a watch and see the content he has done and see if there is anything different that i can add and hopefully with some more variety of content used from both of us and with some severe hoping it may end up being beneficial.

Apart from Mike a YouTuber averages 10-20 views at most on regular content for FMM. It isn't that he hasn't tried but sadly the audience just isn't there. The FMM audience in general is struggling too but for reasons mentioned already and more the game just isn't really going to suit YouTube. Even FM struggles really and that is a much more exciting game. The only reason Mike has all his subs are for FIFA Mobile.

Heskey Video Playlist - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuQ2P53IcQaLCMzSkpkwnKpAui6OaIyAZ. 8 videos, 135 views.

I would watch...there is a lack of vids on youtube...what i would recommend though is not being the typical Barca, Real Madrid, Munich...of the limited vids there is people always seem to be those teams and its very boring...i would suggest career vids (shortened to keys points - promotion, relagtions cup wins etc), tatics, wonderkids, challenges etc...i thought about doing it myself but i sound like a prat and don't know how to stream lol

I'd love to have a decent FMM streamer to watch but theres hardly any audience lol its the interaction that makes it really fun to do also my home wi-fi isn't good enough to stream well enough to do it tbh 

Whenever I do stream and I have say 3 viewers but no one says anything on the chat at all so its just me playing talking to myself most of the time

That stuff takes so much longer to produce in a video format though and so much longer for the viewer to take in. 

Edited video would take a few hours I suppose, let's run with Dec's 3 hour suggestion. An article post here takes less than a hour depending on style/detail. 

On YouTube you have competition from everything under the sun and no guaranteed audience like you do here. 10-20 YT views or hundreds an update here, I average 100-150 views an update, that's a massive amount more with so much less effort from a posting stand point. 

Why watch a video which takes longer and needs a dedicated time slot (able to hear it etc) when you can read anywhere. 

Streaming is a different animal and it could work but then you can't get around the fact the game isn't fun to watch. All the boring stuff outside of highlights would be so dull, like watching a slideshow presentation. Even on the PSP days people tried to make video content work and it just never has, the game doesn't have enough to it. When you play FMM do you dedicate yourself to it completely or are you traveling, watching TV, listening to something and so on? FMM is a game I'd rather play myself than watch someone else play, it's not like Minecraft or whatever where you can see someone else's creativity or whatever, FMM is just FMM, basically always the same just slightly different goals and ways to get there.   

There could be a market for guide type videos which can be harder for people to understand in a written format but I don't believe they've ever really taken off either. 

If anyone ever wants any advice about streaming or youtube they can DM me. I agree with what Ash, Dec and Jack have said. Streaming does well for me. Last one I did I had 193 viewers. 

Videos are fun if you enjoy editing but you need to edit almost 90% of the game out as it's boring to watch. Need to have an entertaining personality as well to keep people interested. 

If you want to start an give it a go. I will supper you and if you enjoy it keep it up just don't expect much from it. :)

24 minutes ago, JustM1kePlays said:

If anyone ever wants any advice about streaming or youtube they can DM me. I agree with what Ash, Dec and Jack have said. Streaming does well for me. Last one I did I had 193 viewers. 

Videos are fun if you enjoy editing but you need to edit almost 90% of the game out as it's boring to watch. Need to have an entertaining personality as well to keep people interested. 

If you want to start an give it a go. I will supper you and if you enjoy it keep it up just don't expect much from it. :)

Any reason why via DM? That will just lead to you repeating yourself any time this question comes up. With help I've always tried to do it in a public form as in the long run it helps more people out and doesn't waste your time. I did originally try and do the DM approach but it soon resulted in me constantly repeating myself just to different people etc. Just my advice anyway :). 

Cheers for the advice. Just to let people know they can DM me more then anything.

My advice would be to produce writien content as it's quicker, easier and will reach a bigger audience. The game isn't the most attractive to look at so it's really hard to keep people interested in your videos. My last one got 202 views and 129 likes. The only reason I continue to do it is because I really enjoy it but I know I won't make much from it. The market is to niche. As I said I will give advice on editing and so on to anyone who wants help.

I would say you would getover triple if not more views on here for some writen content however .

Sorry about the really late reply everyone, i have been quite busy with starting the year at university and settling etc.

I appreciate all the responses and will attempt both in the near future, if they fail they fail its worth a try right?