Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News FM Mobile 2017 Information - Transfer Update Out Now!

Dec

Pleased we FINALLY have some info on the game, and I'm a bit more optimistic than I was before. However, new leagues isn't a huge concern for me (I would rather have good new features) and I worry that these alleged 'other features ' might be along the lines of "the 4-4-2 bug is half fixed".

Hopefully these upcoming screenshots and features surprise me...

Intrigued to find out what they will do with U21 JPT competition changes etc.

1 hour ago, UKFootballScore said:

Sooooo can we rule out the MLS guys with that responce guys...

There's that false hope I was talking about. At announcement everyone was hoping for the almighty MLS. Few hours later and those hopes and dreams are destroyed. In record time too! 

1 hour ago, Fm2008ZG said:

Croatia hope so :)

Me as well, brother!

442 bug should not be mentioned..if it is not fixed there is no point releasing the game tbh

8 hours ago, Ashez said:

This style of marketing is going to be the games downfall. Most people aren't expecting much as it is but announcing leagues in this way just promotes false hope and false hype. Not everyone will be happy but all this does is make people think it could be MLS or Turkey or whatever else is highly requested, it's just asking for people to be disappointed as not everyone will get the two they want. 

If they just outright said "so and so" will be on the game the hype would be real and we wouldn't have to deal with false hope. All of Twitter is saying MLS and Turkey which I just don't see happening, it's just setting itself up for a fall IMO. 

Sure people would still be disappointed but they'd go from not expecting new leagues to getting two new ones for free, now everyone wants the two they want.  If the details were just announced we could hype reality and fact instead of fan fiction and make believe. 

SI know we're largely negative on the game so why breed false hope when they could show us what they do have and make real hype? Look at all the false hope we dreamt up for coaches compared to what we got? We as fans dream bigger than SI and stuff like this just helps us do that but also ends in our dreams being crushed. If I was staff now I'd be writing articles on potential new leagues, potential wonder kids from said leagues and so on which is just a waste of time and false hype compared to dealing with the facts.

This has obviously been released as marketing and as a selling point for the new game but it's the same old mistakes every year. I'm fed up of being pushed up the hype ladder to only be pushed off the top. 

Nothing good comes out of this style, especially when we're already pretty negative on the series. It just leaves room for disappointment in a series where they've already pushed more than their luck. 

Don't know if I go along with that (is that a surprise)

Today was just game announcement day where we would typically release some logos and date the game. We could have just left it at that but then I am almost certain the reaction would have been negative.

The full feature reveal will be fed at a reasonable pace via our website and social media networks in the coming weeks. The difference between this year and say last is a) The FMM announcement was broken away from the main FM announcement b) We decided to mention early on that we are planning to add new leagues. 

All that said, I'm not following why you'd think these are the same mistakes as previous years when it's a slightly different approach. I know there has been some negativity towards the game in the past few years so please try to break it down for me in a constructive fashion.

At this point I wonder if we'll continue with really poor iPad support that people have complained about headaches due to unsupported resolutions or if that will finally be fixed. Otherwise it seems like it's just another minor update at a high price while major old issues remain unfixed.

41 minutes ago, Marc Duffy said:

Don't know if I go along with that (is that a surprise)

Today was just game announcement day where we would typically release some logos and date the game. We could have just left it at that but then I am almost certain the reaction would have been negative.

The full feature reveal will be fed at a reasonable pace via our website and social media networks in the coming weeks. The difference between this year and say last is a) The FMM announcement was broken away from the main FM announcement b) We decided to mention early on that we are planning to add new leagues. 

All that said, I'm not following why you'd think these are the same mistakes as previous years when it's a slightly different approach. I know there has been some negativity towards the game in the past few years so please try to break it down for me in a constructive fashion.

My issue isn't with what was announced but how it was done, like in that example you've left what we're actually getting up to the imagination which causes false hope, you've left a window of disappointment. All I've seen spoken about today is the MLS which "more invested" people know isn't coming. Yet it's allowing the "casual" players to dream and hope things that you can't deliver. This morning MLS was possible in some fans eyes, only a few hours later Alari basically says it's not happening, false hope/hype. 

If you announced today "Russia and South Korea" added to 2017 the hype would have been real and focused on what we're actually getting instead of on pipe dreams which may or may not come true. For example I want Ukraine and Turkey, I know two leagues are coming and if they aren't them I'll be disappointed as I had chance to think about it, if you just announced what they were today my attention would have been on these new leagues instead of on what league I want over another. People haven't questioned the release date today as all the hype has been on these mystery leagues which is why they were included, it's your headline grabber, tbh it's your only one at this point. New leagues catches the eye a lot more than new skin or engine tweaks. 

Stepping away from FM is a massive sign of intent and a positive move in my opinion. If it was just a release date today I'm sure it wouldn't have been pretty I can agree with that too. Don't get me wrong I'm grateful for what we're getting compared to previous years but it's the info which is none info that's the false hope causer. For example you're getting leagues but which are a secret. 

Last year you just announced "coaches" more or less and our imagination ran wild with all sorts of wild theories on what they'll actually do, we were all super hyped about this game changing idea. Then it released and it's a stat boost, a poorly implemented stat boost. Wow. We were so disappointed as you gave just enough info to allow us to dream up ideas only to shatter all those dreams with the actual games release (read any Coaches hype article from last year). Just like what's happening now, "oh guys here comes two leagues, guess what they are and get all excited for a few weeks", then you announce stuff people don't care about compared to what they've dreamed up. If one is a marketing pick will all fans understand and be happy with that? Or would they have taken it on face value today as they weren't given time to dream up what they actually wanted?

I've always said we're allowed to dream more than you guys, we know what we want while you know what's possible, that'll always be the case but it ultimately ends in disappointment when we're encouraged to dream with this type of announcement. If the facts were given we'd know what to run with, instead of debating about what leagues are possible we could be debating on facts like who we want to play as, wonder kids from that league and so on. We've already had league hype articles popping up, further encouraging disappointment as fans are being teased stuff that won't/can't come true (as in article covers way over 2 leagues/nothing against Chelsea8). 

Fans shouldn't pay attention to fan theories and all that but they do and these types of announcements encourage them. Take a look through Vibe and look at all the hype articles, theories, questions and suggestions and compare them to what the game has actually delivered in recent years, it's clear to see why we're disappointed. Don't get me wrong hype articles in some form or another will always exist but with the state the game is in currently with the community I don't think encouraging hope thus disappointment from day one is a good thing. I wanted this announcement to pull me in and not to make me doubt what's possible and what's not. 

Did you hope this announcement would cause a stir? Did you hope it would create discussions? Did you hope people would theorise on what the leagues would be? Of cause you did as that was the point in the announcement thus my point stands. This announcement was meant to encourage people to think what they wanted which in turn can lead to disappointment. Especially with a subject this big. MLS is popular yet too hard to implement and Turkey is popular yet massively pirated, two sets right there of people who you've given false hope to (going on old reasoning for no Turkey in game, no idea how issue is currently). 

Am i right? I'm not sure as all I can do is give my opinion. My opinion however is coming from someone who has admittedly self hyped himself so much with this series it's almost dead to him. Constant disappointment is a killer and I'd love nothing more than to receive no more from FMM. For 5 years it's been my "job" to hype such announcements and maybe it has worn me down over the years, maybe I'm just tired of not having my dreams for the game realised or maybe it shouldn't be encouraged to begin with? All I know is from experience this isn't a good thing with coaches being a massive example of how far away our views can be.

Imo, a lot of you are forgetting some really basic stuff.

a) The game is only 7 pounds (10 euro), which is far below the 30-40 price point that FMH always commanded back on the PSP. 7 quid is next to nothing for a full game that is as immersive as FMM is. I see a lot of people saying "if SI dare to charge 7 pounds, it better be damn good". I'll drop a hard truth for you: if you get any other mobile game for 7 pounds or less, you'll be far worse off. You get what you pay for, and seeing where we came from, you get 10x as much as you're paying for with FMM. I challenge you to go back to FMH13 (the last PSP version), come back and say that the game hasn't made any progress in those four years. 

I believe the SI team are doing wonders for a game that could easily cost 15 or even 20 pounds. Instead, you get everything for just 7! I'm really happy that the game I play for an entire year (hundreds of hours) costs less than a third compared to a second hand Fifa 16.

b) The MLS is on FM Touch as well, but without most of the rules. You have the Eastern and Western conference, the supporters' shield, the play-offs and continental competitions. Then you have the domestic rules for the US cup. And that's pretty much it. Yet the league is very enjoyable to me. What I'm trying to say is that even if they say that there are too many rules too completely implement the MLS, it can still be done in a toned down manner. It would probably look a lot like the Australian competition on FMM, but it would still be very much awesome.

Tl;dr: let's not count our money before the very sensibly priced game is out or until we know which leagues we are talking about. As far as I'm concerned (@ashez) we can't be sure of any guesses, which is, to me at least, a viable way for marketing to work.

Well said Jens, anyone arguing the game is too expensive doesn't have a leg to stand on or it's their own fault they don't get their money's worth, simple. However with any games bugs and poor features will always be an issue and a sticking point. 2015 and 2016 released with game breaking bugs, to some 2016 is still broken and for any amount of money that's just not on. The point of FMM is to manage a football team yet the tool used to do that (the engines) have massive issues. It's like buying a nice looking car which has a temperamental engine, sure the fluff around the engine is fine but if you can't trust the engine to run what's the point. 

I'm not saying this marketing doesn't work, it clearly does but it causes harm in the long run, that's my point. 

I so hope we have a director of football this year in fmm17 as I'd prefer too focus on the management and not the contracts ect.

The implementation of MLS rules such as having three players who aren't from the US would be far too advanced for the mobile version. The coding would be complicated and it would add a huge chunk of storage onto the game, thus making it run slower etc.

I personally hope that the two playable leagues they're adding are the Chinese Super League and either the Turkish League, or the Ukrainian League. The Chinese Super League would be reaching out to a whole new audience as people not only in China, but in Asia, would have more of an incentive to purchase the game (If it's available in Asia) and I think the popularity of the league over the last year would just be too hard to ignore, especially with the likes of Hulk, Jackson Martinez and Ramires all plying their trade in China.

I, like everyone else, will be waiting for more news and announcements on the game within the coming weeks. You have to remember that there's only a certain amount of stuff they can put onto the game before it becomes a mass game that would simply be unable to no longer run on mobile devices.

Edited by Robbrown172
3 hours ago, Robbrown172 said:

The implementation of MLS rules such as having three players who aren't from the US would be far too advanced for the mobile version. The coding would be complicated and it would add a huge chunk of storage onto the game, thus making it run slower etc.

I personally hope that the two playable leagues they're adding are the Chinese Super League and either the Turkish League, or the Ukrainian League. The Chinese Super League would be reaching out to a whole new audience as people not only in China, but in Asia, would have more of an incentive to purchase the game (If it's available in Asia) and I think the popularity of the league over the last year would just be too hard to ignore, especially with the likes of Hulk, Jackson Martinez and Ramires all plying their trade in China.

I, like everyone else, will be waiting for more news and announcements on the game within the coming weeks. You have to remember that there's only a certain amount of stuff they can put onto the game before it becomes a mass game that would simply be unable to no longer run on mobile devices.

Some mobile devices are more powerful than the tablets that run FMT, which has MLS and 3D highlights, right? So, it doesn't make sense to me why adding what's already in one app (that runs fine on devices) to another app that doesn't even have the complex 3D engine should make it too big or slow. If it works on one, why can't it work on the other? 

Just now, curtneedsaride said:

Some mobile devices are more powerful than the tablets that run FMT, which has MLS and 3D highlights, right? So, it doesn't make sense to me why adding what's already in one app (that runs fine on devices) to another app that doesn't even have the complex 3D engine should make it too big or slow. If it works on one, why can't it work on the other? 

It may be that it would need lots of UI changes and balancing tweaks

I'd like to have more contract options: loan with a buy clause or something like that.

It could make the game even more enjoyable as it would be another move to a more similar.

Obviously not everything can be implemented in the game,but adding more clauses would make more interesting.

Think about it: Coman is on loan to Bayern. And it may have an option to buy him for bayern.

So at the end of the season,Bayern can choose to buy him or leave him.

I would be pretty happy with clauses, I just pray we don't get buy out clauses as that would potentially kill a whole style of playing the game. 

For me the most essential thing that should be added is player interaction. I'd still be happy if they only add new leagues, but I hope that will not be the case.

Edited by Цветан Чуканов
17 hours ago, vcadu92 said:

My bets are going to leagues of Russia, Sweden, Ukraine, Argentina or China

I feel a league from a scandinavian country will sure be the one.

So is Sweden or Denmark + China for me.

2 more playable leagues sounds good. 

Hopefully the 4-4-2 issue has been resolved. The connection between the Player's tactical decisions and what happens in game doesn't always feel very strong. Would also be nice to have a little more tactical depth to be able to deal with specific 'must-win' fixtures (For example, cup matches). Perhaps you just get a 'bad day' dice roll for weather/ morale or other reasons, and you just have those additional player instructions to deal with the situation.

I'm not that bothered about staff/ press interaction. I think that is just pushing the game out of the casual gaming sphere. 

everybody keeps saying about 442 bug...so what is wrong with 442 tactic...I always play with 442 formation and I did not noticed any bug so far...maybe i'm blind?

13 minutes ago, groove22 said:

everybody keeps saying about 442 bug...so what is wrong with 442 tactic...I always play with 442 formation and I did not noticed any bug so far...maybe i'm blind?

What happens is the opposition always seems to change to it and also play their players in the wrong positions due to this.

On 10/4/2016 at 16:27, Marc Duffy said:

What would you like to see?

at least 1 coach for every specialization. not just limited to 4 (exclude manager).