Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News FM Mobile 2017 Information - Transfer Update Out Now!

Dec

Look at the buzz on Vibe when SI revealed there would be two new playable leagues a few weeks back. Vibe went from very quiet to pretty busy in next to no time. That limited information caused a lot of excitement (relatively spesking). 

After the first week things dyed down when people realised the news release wasn't actually that ground breaking. 

Releasing news too early means customers will have time to digest it for what it is. 

Releasing news very close to release date will cause excitement and increased sales regardless of what the news consists off. 

If I was head of marketing and had lots of great new features I would release news early to drive enthusiasm. If I had little improvement to reveal, I would wait as long as possible and release info just prior to the on sale date. 

You guys might not like our strategy and the strategy might not be perfect but it's the one we are using for this year. Sorry :(

1 hour ago, Marc Duffy said:

You guys might not like our strategy and the strategy might not be perfect but it's the one we are using for this year. Sorry :(

I think we understand that and your reasons why. Unfortunately we have NOTHING to ponder over regarding FMM17 yet so we need to get our teeth into something. 

IF you released more details we would only pick holes in them :-)

2 hours ago, Marc Duffy said:

As long as the game is good it doesn't really matter.

End of the day it is a lose-lose for SI. They announce something and then that hype dies before 2017 is released, they release something the day before and the community say it is too late. The perfect time is a couple of week before which is what they will be doing as FM17 is out on the 4th.

43 minutes ago, JustM1kePlays said:

Can you please post in English so everyone can be involved.

sorry mate I just told him on my native language that unfortunately one day thay will cancel Mobile version and focus only on PC and Tablet version of game

2 hours ago, groove22 said:

sorry mate I just told him on my native language that unfortunately one day thay will cancel Mobile version and focus only on PC and Tablet version of game

That is purely speculation

9 hours ago, groove22 said:

No problem :)

Like someone else said, they probably announced nothing because they have nothing to announce. I don't really expect any new features. Is anyone optimistic? I am expecting a database update, the 2 new leagues and some meaningless crap like "10,000 new news stories" or something.

By the way how much does the game cost? I got it last year late at a reduced price.

5 hours ago, Steve8291 said:

Like someone else said, they probably announced nothing because they have nothing to announce. I don't really expect any new features. Is anyone optimistic? I am expecting a database update, the 2 new leagues and some meaningless crap like "10,000 new news stories" or something.

By the way how much does the game cost? I got it last year late at a reduced price.

£6.99/€8.99/$8.99 (2016 game) there could be a change in prices for the 2017 edition

Edited by TheHirinator
11 hours ago, Steve8291 said:

Price is the same as previous years. There are new features (along with the 2 new leagues) and I can confirm we do not have 10,000 new news stories.

Happy Monday Steve :)

2 hours ago, Marc Duffy said:

Price is the same as previous years. There are new features (along with the 2 new leagues) and I can confirm we do not have 10,000 new news stories.

Happy Monday Steve :)

Is it 20,000 new news stories then? ;)

1 hour ago, Dec said:

I think even that would be an amazing leap for the series. News is so boring in the game

Yeah, in the wrong direction. You're right the news is boring and it always will be. We fought for years to get the messages toned down and now we finally have everyone wants it back? Regardless of how new it is over the year of the game it'll still get dull and even more so in the following years when it's not changed. This is like the last thing the game needs while actual important areas of the game are massively lacking. 

What is the point of FMM?

Option 1: 

Going tactic vs tactic and player vs player in a bid for glory. Editing your playing staff and formation looking for that winning formula to bring you the success you crave. 

Or

Option 2: 

Hoping you select the right multiple choice answer that won't screw you over while dealing with the media and other interactions. Until the system has been learnt and broken that is as then we'll go back to ignoring it and moaning how pointless and annoying it is. 

54 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Yeah, in the wrong direction. You're right the news is boring and it always will be. We fought for years to get the messages toned down and now we finally have everyone wants it back? Regardless of how new it is over the year of the game it'll still get dull and even more so in the following years when it's not changed. This is like the last thing the game needs while actual important areas of the game are massively lacking. 

The thing is you are thinking one dimensional. News can help make your players perform better or not. Keep you in a job or get you sacked. Force opposition to sell or not.

34 minutes ago, Dec said:

The thing is you are thinking one dimensional. News can help make your players perform better or not. Keep you in a job or get you sacked. Force opposition to sell or not.

Yeah, if you tick the right box from the multiple choice question, how engaging. It stops the game being about your tactics and your players and more about how much you understand a stupid questionnaire which will get repetative by its very nature. I want personality in the game, not more AI crap taking everything out of my control. 

22 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Yeah, if you tick the right box from the multiple choice question, how engaging. It stops the game being about your tactics and your players and more about how much you understand a stupid questionnaire which will get repetative by its very nature. I want personality in the game, not more AI crap taking everything out of my control. 

That is the thing you are thinking of the current system. There will be no right answer and you get 4 answers each with varying results to stamp your personality. Imagine it a bit like a Tell Tale game.

For example, Ronaldo is complaining as he wants more money in the media.

*We will open contract negotiations immediately (player expects you to do this and will get unhappy in a few weeks - delays unhappiness. Fans may be happy if he is popular and more players may try their luck)

*Ronaldo should be happy with what he is given (He is unhappy and starts to dislike you but other players may be happy and makes them think twice about asking for a new contract. If a popular player fans may be unhappy)

*If he plays well we will consider it (Player could be jaded or determined dependent on personality)

*He will be spoken to in private. This isn't a matter for the press (Fans may be unhappy and press may force the issue in future if nothing is done with a bigger effect. Ronaldo will expect player interaction or contract negotiation - keeps unhappiness).

See how there isn't a right answer? What would you pick?

What does that add though? It's like two extra options from a normal wage increase request. It adds nothing but a chance of screwing up based on if you select which ever option the game thinks is right at the time. 

I can do that right now. Ronaldo asks for more money, my options on 2016.

1. Give it him

2. Don't give it him

3. Sell him. 

Dont need a boring feature to glam it up. 

5 minutes ago, Dec said:

That is the thing you are thinking of the current system. There will be no right answer and you get 4 answers each with varying results to stamp your personality. Imagine it a bit like a Tell Tale game.

For example, Ronaldo is complaining as he wants more money in the media.

*We will open contract negotiations immediately (player expects you to do this and will get unhappy in a few weeks - delays unhappiness. Fans may be happy if he is popular and more players may try their luck)

*Ronaldo should be happy with what he is given (He is unhappy and starts to dislike you but other players may be happy and makes them think twice about asking for a new contract. If a popular player fans may be unhappy)

*If he plays well we will consider it (Player could be jaded or determined dependent on personality)

*He will be spoken to in private. This isn't a matter for the press (Fans may be unhappy and press may force the issue in future if nothing is done with a bigger effect. Ronaldo will expect player interaction or contract negotiation).

See how there isn't a right answer? What would you pick?

They could probably achieve that by making the board's confidence a bit more complex, like adding a media and fans bar. For example, if you decided not to a extend a contract for a player the fans like, the media would turn against you and the board's confidence in you would decrease. This way an strictly game related decision would affect how the media interacts with you without having repetitive multiple choice questions.

3 minutes ago, Guillermo Alberto said:

They could probably achieve that by making the board's confidence a bit more complex, like adding a media and fans bar. For example, if you decided not to a extend a contract for a player the fans like, the media would turn against you and the board's confidence in you would decrease. This way an strictly game related decision would affect how the media interacts with you without having repetitive multiple choice questions.

I am all for a Fans confidence, great suggestion.

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

What does that add though? It's like two extra options from a normal wage increase request. It adds nothing but a chance of screwing up based on if you select which ever option the game thinks is right at the time. 

I can do that right now. Ronaldo asks for more money, my options on 2016.

1. Give it him

2. Don't give it him

3. Sell him. 

Dont need a boring feature to glam it up. 

The thing is this is more complex, it can make other players happy/unhappy or fans. It also helps when you have a youngster and want to play him in the future but he wants game time now. Think of the bigger picture.

It's just fluff and while things like the engine and tactics are half baked this shouldn't even be considered. I'm not stupid though and I know when the writing is on the wall so bring on email manager 2018.

Just now, Ashez said:

It's just fluff and while things like the engine and tactics are half baked this shouldn't even be considered. I'm not stupid though and I know when the writing is on the wall so bring on email manager 2018.

This is all my opinion but I just think that you want more ways to manage but then when I give viable, intuitive options you don't like them as you would rather more tactical options. For me news should create exciting scenarios and being able to deal with the players in responsive ways that feel natural. Some of these should be done through media. If you aren't reading news at the moment then that is bad as the system doesn't work. Media is a huge part of the game and at key parts of the season there should be opportunities to change the situation in an instant. It isn't 1000s of mails but just restructuring.

It's a tactical game though, it should be about tactics, it should be about player stats and it shouldn't be about the media! The worst part of football in real life is the media circus surrounding it.  

You want new ways to manage? How about more tactical options, new training, actual set pieces, youth teams and an ITN revamp? Those things are a lot more vital to football than the gossip pages! 

Just different perspectives I guess, I actually want to play the game while you have an interest in media. 

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

It's a tactical game though, it should be about tactics, it should be about player stats and it shouldn't be about the media! The worst part of football in real life is the media circus surrounding it.  

You want new ways to manage? How about more tactical options, new training, actual set pieces, youth teams and an ITN revamp? Those things are a lot more vital to football than the gossip pages! 

Just different perspectives I guess, I actually want to play the game while you have an interest in media. 

It isn't it is a Football Management game and without talking to players and media it wouldn't be realistic. It isn't just gossip pages but actually dealing with players better and as a whole. What if your system is fine but your players are getting complacent as they are young? We should be able to say something to them.

1 hour ago, Dec said:

It isn't it is a Football Management game and without talking to players and media it wouldn't be realistic. It isn't just gossip pages but actually dealing with players better and as a whole. What if your system is fine but your players are getting complacent as they are young? We should be able to say something to them.

When the day comes that the system and tactics and all that are fine I'll be willing to discuss the media. The tactics and engine are the be all and end all of the game. You could remove everything but the engine and you'd still have a football manager game. 

Don't even go down the realism route as that's the biggest joke going.