Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News FM Mobile 2017 Information - Transfer Update Out Now!

Dec

2 hours ago, FreeMen said:

at least 1 coach for every specialization. not just limited to 4 (exclude manager).

thing about that is that i like to have to pick certain types of coach for my style as it would be pointless to just get the best coaches for each section and you'd use them every save aswell

1 hour ago, UKFootballScore said:

thing about that is that i like to have to pick certain types of coach for my style as it would be pointless to just get the best coaches for each section and you'd use them every save aswell

I do agree, it would be pointless having staff for each option. 

It could however be a decent unlockable? 

16 hours ago, edhdurham said:

Bit off topic but will the basic specs change for the usable tablets?

I doubt the specs will change in relation to Android version/iOS. Especially as they cater for the original match engine and the EME

Sometimes I wonder if people want FMM to be a transfer simulator or a management/tactical game. Seen today people want clauses and what not above tactical features and now the possibility of skipping matches, it really does baffle me. 

4 hours ago, Ashez said:

Sometimes I wonder if people want FMM to be a transfer simulator or a management/tactical game. Seen today people want clauses and what not above tactical features and now the possibility of skipping matches, it really does baffle me. 

I really miss the PSP tactics designer. I miss runs, I miss individual instructions. While I would like clauses as well (as I feel they might be a quick thing to implement), certainly not over a desperately needed improvement to the tactics engine.

2 hours ago, BleedsBlue said:

I really miss the PSP tactics designer. I miss runs, I miss individual instructions. While I would like clauses as well (as I feel they might be a quick thing to implement), certainly not over a desperately needed improvement to the tactics engine.

Same, I miss the personality and options the PSP gave us. 

My favourite part of the game is squad building so transfers are important to me but they work fine as they are. Yeah clauses could be cool but does it really change anything? Not really in gameplay terms. How a feature is more requested than a working engine and tactical features baffles me as surely that's the point of the game?

Maybe these people don't enjoy making tactics and/or use the default ones or take them off sites like here but how it's seen as a second string feature is confusing. Vibe alone shows how happy people are to just lift a tactic in off someone else and that's fine, each to their own but at the same time you need something to keep people wanting to create tactics for people to use. Most people find their way here looking for a transfer update or looking for tactical help imo. I guess the question to ask is why do people not care as much about the tactical side? I stopped following the tactic forum here last year as everything is the same, it's so boring as our options are so limited. 

I really think FMM could cater to both sides of the fan base as I've said plenty of times. Look at say Pokemon, it's one game but has an in depth scene and a casual scene and FMM can be the same. Keep the base roles while also giving us the option to edit them or the ability to create our own roles etc. 

33 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Keep the base roles while also giving us the option to edit them or the ability to create our own roles etc. 

like this idea!

11 hours ago, Ashez said:

Same, I miss the personality and options the PSP gave us. 

My favourite part of the game is squad building so transfers are important to me but they work fine as they are. Yeah clauses could be cool but does it really change anything? Not really in gameplay terms. How a feature is more requested than a working engine and tactical features baffles me as surely that's the point of the game?

Maybe these people don't enjoy making tactics and/or use the default ones or take them off sites like here but how it's seen as a second string feature is confusing. Vibe alone shows how happy people are to just lift a tactic in off someone else and that's fine, each to their own but at the same time you need something to keep people wanting to create tactics for people to use. Most people find their way here looking for a transfer update or looking for tactical help imo. I guess the question to ask is why do people not care as much about the tactical side? I stopped following the tactic forum here last year as everything is the same, it's so boring as our options are so limited. 

I really think FMM could cater to both sides of the fan base as I've said plenty of times. Look at say Pokemon, it's one game but has an in depth scene and a casual scene and FMM can be the same. Keep the base roles while also giving us the option to edit them or the ability to create our own roles etc. 

I think we all realise that the current tactical options are limited, but it's already very widely talked about, clauses are something that aren't so frequently brought up so spark more interest.

Yet when SI look at what people want from the series they'll see stuff like clauses as more important than actual things that change the game. If what you said is what is happening the community is the games own downfall. 

19 hours ago, Ashez said:

Yet when SI look at what people want from the series they'll see stuff like clauses as more important than actual things that change the game. If what you said is what is happening the community is the games own downfall. 

I think downfall is a bit extreme but we could certainly put more of an emphasis on tactics in future feature requests.

2 minutes ago, Fish18ish said:

I think downfall is a bit extreme but we could certainly put more of an emphasis on tactics in future feature requests.

I didn't mean it as what the community is "voting" for is the downfall. I meant it as in your example as in "people know tactics are poor as it's always talked about so let's vote for something else". 

In such a vote or a discussion the reason for you to suggest something else over something isn't explained, all that vote would show is you want this over that and not that you voted in that way as you see the other option as already known. 

If SI looked at such a poll they'd see and think fans want more transfer options over tactical options without any background knowledge. We want them to listen and now they are attempting to it's even more important we are consistent with what we suggest/support. We can't ignore one thing and talk about another just because we feel it's talked too much about and can be ignored and seen as known. 

Obviously the fan base might actually want transfer options over engine improvements which is baffling but I'm just going off your suggestion of how people could be voting.  

Let's be honest...FMM needs a 3d match engine to be able to compete with the other football manager games on the mobile markets. There are already a few games who have a 3d match engine...

1 hour ago, TheHirinator said:

Let's be honest...FMM needs a 3d match engine to be able to compete with the other football manager games on the mobile markets. There are already a few games who have a 3d match engine...

And what are they?

3d match engine could be imported when there is nothing left to do and when game reaches limit...there is much left to do so I hope it won't get in anytime soon, it would probably be buggy and extremely hard to run and make processing slow overall

I would be absolutely amazed if the majority of mobile devices would be unable to handle a 3d engine. Especially with the rise of multicore devices, then it really oughtn't affect processing speed in general, even if it itself is pretty slow.

When I play FMC2015, I choose 2D classic view with 3D replay view for goals.

I do not find any reason to support 3D view for this kind of tactical based game.

17 hours ago, Lav50 said:

It would run them but make the game slower as well, I can't see 3d priority(now however)

But...it wouldn't, it really wouldn't make the game any slower. Your phone not being able to handle 3d could be slower, but the actual processing would be largely unaffected.

If 3D is not as smooth as watching the real players, it's no better than 2D. Unfortunately, to achieve this would be very resource-demanding, and FM engine is absolutely far away from this standard.

1 hour ago, Ceirdiff said:

But...it wouldn't, it really wouldn't make the game any slower. Your phone not being able to handle 3d could be slower, but the actual processing would be largely unaffected.

Expected more news by now tbh. Two weeks after reveal and month from release? Hoped for something a week to try and keep the hype levels up.