Jump to content
FMM Vibe
Dec

News FM Mobile 2017 Information - Transfer Update Out Now!

Recommended Posts

It's a good thing they're seperate don't get me wrong but I wasn't meaning major news, just a feature or something to hold us over. With an early reveal I expected regular small updates building up to big reveal and release. I didn't expect going two weeks with nothing to make us even think about 2017 anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They may have fixed timescales for releasing info or they maybe a little more flexible depending on enthusiasm. 

If everyone on here and SI forum went silent on all things 17 there may well be a hint of things to come to raise interest levels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO given the huge amount of media coverage the PC game has had in recent days, releasing anything FMM-related would have got lost to the general public - and we need the information to get through to them as well as the hardcore fans here! But that's just my guess and I'm sure the marketing guys will put out what they need to when they need to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that's understandable for sure, I just thought we'd of had something by now with how far out the reveal was. 

Two weeks and counting is a long time to dream up what leagues we want after all :p. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like them to add the feature to delay accepting a job offer until the current season ends. It is frustrating when you have for example a cup final to come with your current team and a bigger club gives you a job offer. I know they have this on the pc version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Steve8291 said:

I would like them to add the feature to delay accepting a job offer until the current season ends. It is frustrating when you have for example a cup final to come with your current team and a bigger club gives you a job offer. I know they have this on the pc version.

Definitely agree with that one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt we will do anything FMM  till the window of post FM release and pre-FMM release. 

 

2 minutes ago, UKFootballScore said:

HOW MUCH LONGER HAVE WE GOT TO WAIT FOR NEWS!!!!!!!!!

See my post above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been nearly three weeks since announced and was told in the coming news would be revealed but had ZILCH so far 

Should have had something by now...

Really disappointed tbh that FMM is yet again in a great big FM shadow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's like BT not advertising the Europa League just because they have the Champions League. 

I understand the situation is awkward, you annouce it as a side note to FM and we're annoyed, you attempt to do it separately and we're still annoyed as it means we're pushed aside still. I get the fact you can't really win but what's meant to have changed? Because we had an announcement of an announcement which announced nothing we should believe the winds of change?

You've just said it yourself tbh, we have to wait for big brother to have moved out the house before baby bro can get any attention. That's what bothers us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our previous communication dated the release and stated we'd be adding two more leagues. I don't feel that is an announcement of an announcement

I'm not sure what the continued concern is here. The game comes out 17th November, we will tell you what leagues we added and what is new in the game before the game comes out to allow you all to decide whether you should buy or not. 

 

FMM will have its time to shine.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's announcing the announcement of the announcement containing the information of the new leagues. The news of new leagues coming isn't that exciting, the exciting part is what those leagues are. 

If I offered you ice cream what's the chances of you asking what flavour it is before getting invested in the idea of having ice cream? All you've said is you'll have ice cream on the 17th November with a mystery topping. We've waited three weeks to find out anything about that topping or if there will be any extra sprinkles but nothing. The ice creams starting to melt as it's been left too long in the open. 

The fact you guys don't understand why it bothers us even though we have this same conversation every single year is what's wrong with it. FM might be the be all and end all to you guys but it's not to us and it sucks that you guys can't get your head around that, I know it's for business reasons but it's still annoying knowing we'll always be seen as third best and that'll likely never change. 

Why's it our series that gets rebranded? Why's it our game that's left neglected and unimproved? Why are our reveals always last? Why are you paying attention now when it's a year too late? Why is our game the bug filled mess? Why is our game under supported? 

Yet you wonder why we feel third best and unimportant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not going to keep replying you on this because it feels like I'm  banging my head against the ice cream vans bonnet whilst the driver is watching the champions league on an illegal stream.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope that fmm 2017 could do multiplayer match. It will be so much fun. Than just playing offline, by yourself. Maybe we could like compete in online league, cup, transfer, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tommy Alva Edison said:

Hope that fmm 2017 could do multiplayer match. It will be so much fun. Than just playing offline, by yourself. Maybe we could like compete in online league, cup, transfer, etc.

Can they fix the 4-4-2 bug first?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I miss the days when SI staff listened, rather than telling everyone with an opinion that they're silly for having one that runs counter to SI. 

Marc, with due respect, it does seem to some that the SI default response to criticism, particularly for this mobile title, reeks of defensiveness. It's not as if you have a legitimate competitor for fmm that you have to keep upcoming features a secret like the game is some JJ Abrams production. In fact, you'd think announcing features would be something the company would want to do.

Add to this the fact that I've seen no less than 15 people ask in the past few weeks about a bug that cripples immersion, a bug that's been around for 3 years, and SI says nothing. Ash asks a question and gets told his point of view isn't  worth having. That kind of community management... says a lot about the company and their view of their customers.

It's making me seriously consider my loyalty to the product and brand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BleedsBlue said:

I miss the days when SI staff listened, rather than telling everyone with an opinion that they're silly for having one that runs counter to SI. 

Marc, with due respect, it does seem to some that the SI default response to criticism, particularly for this mobile title, reeks of defensiveness. It's not as if you have a legitimate competitor for fmm that you have to keep upcoming features a secret like the game is some JJ Abrams production. In fact, you'd think announcing features would be something the company would want to do.

Add to this the fact that I've seen no less than 15 people ask in the past few weeks about a bug that cripples immersion, a bug that's been around for 3 years, and SI says nothing. Ash asks a question and gets told his point of view isn't  worth having. That kind of community management... says a lot about the company and their view of their customers.

It's making me seriously consider my loyalty to the product and brand. 

I think what we have to understand here is that information release is going to come down to the Marketing team, experts. I'm sure Marc and co would love to tell us more but they will have reasons not too.

One reason has already been mentioned which is not wanting FMM release information to be drowned out by FM PC release information. Sure they could have, but they want to reach a wider audience than just the community, they want to encourage people who don't purchase it year on year too. So its all about timing.

In SI Staff/Marc defense, this year there has been a exponential increase in engagement from SI and staff, something which has lacked the last couple of years and I have noticed and appreciated this.

We should be thankful that SI is taking time to re-engage us.

Think back 12 months ago. We got nothing up to this date, all we got was "it might come out this year" and then the night before release we're told.

Sure we'd all like more information but Marc and co, and us, have to trust the marketing team to do their job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BleedsBlue 

Bugs raised here are being taken seriously and discussed elsewhere. Not 100% sure if you are referring to the 4-4-2 bug but that one most certainly gets talked about most days.

Marketing and PR strategies are also discussed a lot internally. I've got involved this year, I dont fully know how things were done in previous years but I'm keen at every opportunity to give the game it's own voice. Did you see the recent video? I think the marketing guys did a great job of making FMM quite a prominent part of the campaign and that theme will continue.

You may think I'm being defensive, I think I'm being honest. Each and every one of you will get the chance to see what is new in the game and decide if you will purchase before it comes out. We can argue about the timings and we may never agree but everyone should know that we are all in this to try and make the game even better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know what you're saying @BleedsBluebut it's a tad harsh. SI have made an effort recently and it is really appreciated. I've loved talking to them and it's great having them involved here. I think @jaymarvelsbasically covers everything really. 

Didnt we have info early last year? 99% sure we did? Can't remember date but it annouced coaches and the rebrand? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually do believe SI have been far more open in talking about the new game than I've ever seen before on here. It may be some new approach but I think the buildup to FMM2017, whilst a little frustrating for some, has been handled quite well. Whilst we have nothing set in stone yet on the 4-4-2 bug, to be fair, SI employees have been very open and understanding on relevant complaint threads. So long as it is actually fixed for the game, I'll be quite pleased, we didn't get this level of recognition with the 4-4-1-1 bug after all.

Atleast we have had some promising information, and I reckon we can expect some more stuff relatively soon, as I think people from SI have gone a big quieter on here of late, presumably with good reason. Whenever I've raised a bug or a compliant recently, one of the first people to comment has always been an SI employee, they've even been commenting on non bug or complaint threads! A year ago I would never have dreamt of such a situation, and whilst SI could certainly do a lot more on here, no longer are our complaints simply brushed under the carpet, to be reviewed at a (much) later date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Fish18ish said:

I actually do believe SI have been far more open in talking about the new game than I've ever seen before on here. It may be some new approach but I think the buildup to FMM2017, whilst a little frustrating for some, has been handled quite well. Whilst we have nothing set in stone yet on the 4-4-2 bug, to be fair, SI employees have been very open and understanding on relevant complaint threads. So long as it is actually fixed for the game, I'll be quite pleased, we didn't get this level of recognition with the 4-4-1-1 bug after all.

Atleast we have had some promising information, and I reckon we can expect some more stuff relatively soon, as I think people from SI have gone a big quieter on here of late, presumably with good reason. Whenever I've raised a bug or a compliant recently, one of the first people to comment has always been an SI employee, they've even been commenting on non bug or complaint threads! A year ago I would never have dreamt of such a situation, and whilst SI could certainly do a lot more on here, no longer are our complaints simply brushed under the carpet, to be reviewed at a (much) later date.

 

What exactly is the 4-4-2 bug?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We might have been a bit more quiet on these forums recently, but that's because we're working very hard on the game to make sure it's as good as possible before release. Apologies if anything gets missed. 

As Marc said earlier, information will come before the game is released but you will have to be patient. We're just as keen to tell you as you are to find out, but for FMM to get the best exposure possible things have to be timed properly, I think that we all want the game to be successful, as that helps both us and the community here to grow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This type of chat is the downside to you guys being here tbh. With any anticipated game release fans will have such conversations but in most cases the developers never see them. Just look at the nightmare the Nintendo NX/Switch  scene has been recently. 

Again it's a no win situation as we are always going to have such conversations as we always have and if you ignore them people get funny and some times things can get awkward after a response. 

All I can say is I enjoy and appreciate you guys being here, we've all got to take the rough with the smooth for this to work. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jaymarvels said:

 

What exactly is the 4-4-2 bug?

It exists on the enhanced engine, whereby every AI team switches to a 4-4-2 with very similiar roles and instructions on around the 60 minute mark of a match. It typically involves lots of players being horribly mispositioned (with a red icon) for no good reason, when another player could play in their position but is instead mispositioned elsewhere.

It's extremely frustrating when Barnet use the same tactics as Barcelona. It's also frustrating that it becomes impossible to score after the 60 minute mark, and sometimes you lose for no good reason, just because the AI's 4-4-2 is so overpowered.

It seems to drastically increase the number of so called 'bullsh*t' results too, which is already too frequent to resemble the odd freak result you inevitably get IRL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Fish18ish said:

It exists on the enhanced engine, whereby every AI team switches to a 4-4-2 with very similiar roles and instructions on around the 60 minute mark of a match. It typically involves lots of players being horribly mispositioned (with a red icon) for no good reason, when another player could play in their position but is instead mispositioned elsewhere.

It's extremely frustrating when Barnet use the same tactics as Barcelona. It's also frustrating that it becomes impossible to score after the 60 minute mark, and sometimes you lose for no good reason, just because the AI's 4-4-2 is so overpowered.

It seems to drastically increase the number of so called 'bullsh*t' results too, which is already too frequent to resemble the odd freak result you inevitably get IRL.

Hmm.

I'll have to see if I can replicate this myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×